MAC Veluxe Pearl - Da Bling

3.9

on 7/29/2008 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Don't be fooled by the look in the pan. It's very sheer and soft... which isn't a bad thing but just don't expect any WOW factor out of this color. I like the finish a lot. I pulled it off with Swimming ( a soft green color)

Eyes: Violet

my second favorite MAC shade to pink venus.
it almost reminds me exactly of pink venus only the texture is a little different.

on 6/9/2008 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

The eyeshadow goes on smooth and the texture is nice but it's just not the right pink for me. I really wanted to love it but it's too pale to look good on me, I guess.
But... If the color works for you it's a great product!

on 4/24/2008 7:24:00 PM

I love this pink because it's not too dark and not too light. Initially, I bought sushi flower, but I returned it for this color. This pink is very neutral, but not bare at all. It's noticeable and very pretty.

on 1/12/2008 3:15:00 AM

My very first MAC eyeshadow. A true bright girly pink with a great texture (verluxe pearl, my fave!). Gives a beautiful pearly sheen when applied over a base. As other reviewers have said, Da Bling appears much deeper in the pan than on the lid. When I first saw it I was wondering if it might be a little toooo bright for me to pull off, but it's actually quite wearable. I like wearing it with browns to neutralize it a little and with purples for a more 'fun' look. That said, I don't wear it often enough to warrant a repurchase, I'll have this one forever!

on 8/24/2007 6:48:00 PM

Love it, very nice layered on Pink Couture shadestick, I am a NC 25 with brown eyes(which pops with pink)

on 8/5/2007 12:39:00 AM

Love this, looks great with Bang on blue or any blue shade to me. Only thing is, you have to kind of layer it to get the color to really pop. It's sheer.

on 7/29/2007 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It's a bright girly pink, quite sheer so you have to apply a couple of layers. Not really my color, I prefer my pinks a little less "bubblegum-y".

on 5/20/2007 11:34:00 PM

I recently had my make up done at a MAC counter and asked for colours that would look natural, but still make my tired looking skin brighter. She used this shade on the crease with seedy pearl on the lid and it instantly made me look more awake! Love it! If i want more definition I use a shimmery brown on the outer corners. And i must add, I generally cannot wear too many pinks on my light olive skin without looking hung over, but this one looks pretty! Colour as already described by others, and i was pleasantly surprised that this e/s didn't look near as hot pink on as it does in the pan.

on 4/29/2007 9:22:00 AM

I had pretty high hopes for this one, I wanted a nice pigmented fuschia. This shadow looks great in the pot but the pigment is WEAK once you get in on your lids. I was playing with it and wanted to do a hot pink smokey eye, I used Da Bling on the lid, it was very wimpy and light so I packed some more on and it didnt help. So I ended up using Sushi Flower instead, a much better color but since its very coral it was not the hot pink I was looking for. Oh, and I HATE the name of this color. *sigh* Is this the best you could do MAC?

Popular Eye Shadows