August 1, 2014 | 1869 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - O de Lancome

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2005 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Lesly101

I have to agree with one of previous reviewers. This DOES smell like "Brut" or some other men's aftershave. It does stay forever - even after washing my hands with soap i smell it on my skin! This was the first perfume i couldn't wait to rub off myself. Nothing refreshing, smells like a 40 year old man trying to smell "fresh".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2005 12:03:00 AM More reviews by elusivelotus

I really like the light crisp scent. I hear it is more of a summer fragrance but I wear it all year round. Its very nice and not offensive at all. Pretty bottle but then again, everything from Lancome is pretty. I detest all the other fragrances from Lancome other than this and Oui. This is my favourite scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2005 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Mariolina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This Lancome fragrance has been around for quite some time. I remember my mom wearing it and somehow I associate this scent to my childhood.
O de Lancome is one of the greeniest and freshest fragrances I've ever come across. I like the fact that although it's citrusy, it does not have that sharp lemon note that makes you want to gag, instead it has a green type of lemon scent that comes from the extract of lemon leaf.
This is the perfect fragrance to wear on a hot summer day. It's perfect here with San Diego's weather and it'd be great anywhere, as long as it's hot and sunny.
For some reason I like the bottle very much: it has something from the 60's..I don't know..but its retro look and feel give it a unique charm.
And then again, the fact that O de Lancome has been able to stick around for so long without being overly advertised, makes it all the more special.
I usually don't like Lancome fragrances...they don't wear well on me and they all tend to smell alike somehow, but O de Lancome is certainly the exception here.
I just recently bought myself a bottle of this scent and I'll keep repurchasing it.
I just hope Lancome will never stop making it.
So, if you tend to gravitate mostly towards green and refreshing scents, then please give O de Lancome a try. Or if you just need a pick-me-up sort of fragrance, then this one may be your answer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2005 3:48:00 PM More reviews by scraps

I went to the Lancome counter just to see how this one smelled...from all the great MUA reviews I had to try it..thank GodI did not buy this!! It really reeked of lemon on me......smelled like lemon fresh Mr. Clean....I am a huge fan of light fresh fragrances, just not this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2004 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Kathy1972

A lovely light summer scent, nice for spritzing over hair and clothes. My only criticism is that the smell doesn't last and I have to keep respraying.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2004 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Akasha77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This one is very refreshing,the smell also lasts pretty long,but peronally I only use it as a cologne when needing instant refreshment.. Its not smth that Id wear when going out or so..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2004 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Elwing

my mom has worn this since I was a child, and I will always love it by association. Maybe some day I will pick it up for myself; great timeless fresh summer scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2004 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Amiel

This is a beautiful green citrus scent that is perfect for summer. It is so much nicer than all the other citrus scents out there, and I like the fact that it isn't all that popular - it's nice to smell a bit different. This loses a lippy for it's staying power, which isn't too good - I wish it came in an EDP! However, this perfume is so lovely that I can overlook the fact that it only lasts a couple of hours on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2004 4:49:00 PM More reviews by pinkiepie

My favorite summertime scent. Love the lemon smell- it is very citrus without smelling masculine or unisex, it is quite feminine. Very refreshing on a hot day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2004 1:33:00 AM More reviews by silverstars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my very favorites. Perfect for summer. Nice and crisp but not too sharp. Everytime I wear O, I get tons of compliments.