Kiehl's Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion

4.4

Aqua ; Alumina ; Paraffinum Liquidum ; Glycerin ; Dimethicone ; Butyrospermum Parkii ; PEG-100 Stearate ; Stearyl Alcohol ; Glyceryl Stearate ; Diatomaceous Earth ; Ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate ; Phenoxyethanol ; Methylparaben ; Butylparaben ; Epilobium angustifolium ; Disodium EDTA ; Hydrolyzed Algin ; angustifolium extract

on 10/10/2011 10:55:00 PM

I admit, I have sensitive and acne prone skin. That's why I thought that good exfoliation would solve some problems, and the shop assistant recommended this product. I followed the instructions carefully, not using it for more than two minutes. The next day my chin was full of pimples. As if all those little items in the cream cut my skin imperfections like razors, and all those small cuts (which were not visible first place) became perfect vessels for new pimples! I tried this product one more time, just to confirm before the final decision- guess what, same results.

on 10/10/2011 9:06:00 AM

I love this scrub. It's better than other facial scrubs I've bought and it's even better than my Eve Lom muslin cloth for exfoliating. The first time I used it my face went red but since then not at all. It's very expensive but for me it's worth it.

on 8/16/2011 12:09:00 AM

I prefer this over the Brightening Exfoliator (for daily use). In my opinion, this is milder on my dry skin, the latter is much more harsh and create dryness on my skin afterwash. In between my massage over my face by using this product, I can feel my face is instantly smoother and softer. I like how it makes my skin so soft however it didn't deliver a brightening effect (kind of deep cleansing effect that I'm looking for). Estee Lauder Idealist Dual Action Refinishing Treatment did provide that brightening feel but at the same time I couldn't feel the exfoliating particulars much compare to this.

on 7/16/2011 9:22:00 PM

Works great! I massage gently into damp (not dripping wet) skin with light pressure for about two minutes, no longer. I prefer to think of it as a polishing action, rather than a sanding action. I'm left with skin, albeit slightly red, that feels invigorated. I would be okay using it the day of an important event, so long as it wasn't part of the immediate routine just before getting ready for the event. Since this product sloughs off excess "stuff" from my skin's surface, seems like whatever I put on next soaks in more readily, which I would think would enhance its effectiveness. It's fun to use it right before bed & then pile on the beauty treatments afterwards & then try to lie on the pillow as long as possible to keep it all intact before rolling over on your side. (The pile-on is not recommended unless you are sleeping alone that night!) There have been no problems associated with using this scrub, and I will most certainly buy another tube when this one is empty. I honestly think Kiehls has really hit one out of the park with this product!

on 7/7/2011 1:54:00 AM

The scrub has definitely got the most refined particles out of all the body & facial scrubs I've used before. I use it once/twice a week and it does do a great job at smoothing my skin. I have never felt any of the tingly sensations that other users have - and I'm quite sure I've used it up to the two minute period. Besides the obvious smoothing effects I have noticed perhaps a slight reduction in pore size as well as breakouts. My skin also seems brighter and healthier after I use it too.

on 6/22/2011 6:51:00 AM

BEST SCRUB EVER! It makes my skin feel super smooth and less bumpy. Visible results after I used it for the first time. It does not dry out my face, maybe because I have oily skin. I can use it about 3 to 4 times a week and it's good! But, this stuff is so expensive! I have stopped using it for a while now because I can't afford it and my face is back to being bumpy. Will definitely have to get this back again!

on 4/26/2011 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is great! I only need to use it once a week and i absolutely adore the extremely fine particles. you can't even see them when you squeeze the product out! But they do an amazing job! My skin is freakishly smooth and soft after i use this. And it is true that you can control the harshness/gentleness of this product by simply applying a bit more pressure. Leaving it on for too long or scrubbing for more than thirty seconds will leave the skin feeling quite irritated! I do love this..especially paired with my dermalogica cream exfoliant the next day..the two together makes my skin luxuriously smooth and soft for the rest of the week.

update: still loving this. not sure i'll repurchase though cause it's quite expensive. it's more of a "treatment" scrub than a daily scrub for me personally. i use it at most once every three weeks and my moisturizers sink in well after that and my skin is noticeably smoother. however not worth the amount i have to pay..it was something between 50-80 dollars canadian. bought it a while ago so i forgot..but it really is a good product

on 4/13/2011 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A great scrub!
I've tried a real crystal microdermabrasion session before and this scrub was quite similar. It recommends to scrub for 30seconds to a max of 2 mins but sometimes I can't even last 30 seconds.

Skin feels really soft after use. I usually follow up with the midnight recovery oil or the line reducing concentrate

on 3/13/2011 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first review but I am compelled to talk about this product since I really do love it.

I already have good skin to being with (knock on wood) and it's pretty soft. The first time I used this I wasn't all that impressed, I guess I was expecting some sort of miracle, but the second time around... wow. (BTW, you are supposed to use it once to twice a week, no more)

So my chin is a bit rough (due to my bf's scruff, he should shave right?) so that was my reference point. After 2 uses (in one week) it's gotten super smooth!! Back to how it was I guess. I felt no burning or anything, I scrubbed (soft to medium) the way they said to do it on the bottle and I did so for about the 30 seconds they suggested.

Since my skin is rather clear, smooth and pretty uniform, I can't say anything else except it leaves your skin super soft, but I guess this depends on how your skin is to begin with.

I use a cheap facial cleanser on my face and neck, then use the micro-dermabrasion, then I hop in the shower, use my body scrub from Kiehls (though I'm not as impressed by it, it's bigger granules, maybe I need to give it more time) and then use the Kiehls clay toner and then wtv moisturizer I have on hand.

on 1/8/2011 9:45:00 PM

I purchased this after reading many favorable reviews here on MUA. Unfortunately, this wasn't worth the money for me. It is quite scrubby, so points for that, but something in it burns my sensitive skin upon contact. For exfoliation, this doesn't work any better than an aspirin mask or baking soda for me. Bottom line: This is a very pricey product that I wish I hadn't purchased.