April 17, 2014 | 1914 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by mintchyy

This concealer is the best! I suffer from dark circles and this concealer covers my dark circles like a magic! :D but i need to use alot of them because when i blend, it just gone -.- so i just apply it and blend around the area then i apply a setting powder. It doesn't look cakey and it last all day! Def will repurchase this <3

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Insight89

I have No.2 . Indeed the texture is very creamy, it sort of covers my dark eye circles, but after a few hours it turns orangey and I'll have to apply a different lighter concealer to correct the colour.
I was charged more than the price the sales assistant quoted me (in AU). Emailed Laura Mercier customer service, they dont seem to care - no reply at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by greenteapixie

This concealer has a very creamy consistency (more liquidy than a powder I guess?) which I love. I think it covers current acne great. However, it does get absorbed by a few hours so if you have a pimple with a gigantic whitehead in it, it will be more prominent so perhaps a reapply (instead of a topup!) is needed. It also cakes up if you apply too much, so just dab a bit onto any acne/scarring. It's also very noticeable if you apply too much under the eye area/dark circles. This being said, it does blend in well with my skintone (I'm an NC25 and have this in 02 I believe) so it is my current go-to until I find my ultimate HG concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by lovelyharmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely amazing. I have very dark circles which this product covers it right up. Texture is very creamy but recommend that you use a good moisturizing eye cream underneath as the concealer can look caked on at the of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by carlym99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far this is one of my favorite under eye concealers next to Bobbi Brown and Armani. It's very creamy so it doesn't go on dry looking. However, you have to be careful not to put too much on or it will look too creamy and crease.

I am bias towards Laura Mercier products as they are one of the only brands that match the tone of my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by sharonsevea

I have visible vein lines, puffiness and bags under my eyes and therefore I have been in search of a HG concealer that will help cover all of the problems above. I first started using the Mac concealer but I didnt like it as I felt it was too thick, didnt blend properly and ended up showing visible dryness under my eyes. I then switched to YSL touch eclat which didnt give the dryness but it didnt give the coverage that I wanted and I was also told by a MUA not to use touche eclat under eyes with eyebags as it tends to emphasize instead of hiding the eyebags. I never had any problems with this concealer it blends and covers the problem areas perfectly and I use it in conjunction with the laura mercier secret brightening powder.(Check out my review for that as well) I also use it to cover pimples although its meant to be used only under the eyes and I feel that it also covers the pimples giving me flawless look.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by LauraAronson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use it all over the under-eye area. With my hereditary dark circles, I first use a green cover stick on the darkest part. It lasts well and does not accentuate fine lines.

I would rate it a 5, but it is quite expensive. I don't mind the finger application because I always wash well before putting on makeup. I may try a drug store brand next time I run out to see if it works just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by hawiinlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i bought this at sephora about 2 days ago in #2...i've always had extremely dark circles under my eyes (due to severe allergies etc). i love how creamy and how the tiniest amount will cover it all up. i think i would say i've tried almost every type of concealer known to man lol...but this is now my "go to". i'll probably do another comment in about a month or so letting y'all know how i still enjoy or hate it lol...but i doubt i'll hate it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have massively dark undereye circles, and my undereye area tends to be dry. I don't have too much in the way of fine lines, but most concealers end up accentuating them in me by the end of the day. Ever since my beloved Dior Moisturizing concealer was discontinued, I was on a mission to find a replacement.

I went to multiple cosmetics counters yesterday to try out some MUA favorites (tried Dior Hydrating - pretty good, not enough coverage, shiseido natural finish - more drying than dior with worse coverage, mac - mineralise had a great natural finish, but not enough coverage and why doesn't it come in NC25? NC 20 was too light and NC 30 was too dark; and pro longwear (great coverage, again no colour match for me)). I've also been using Benefit erase paste recently - reasonable coverage and nice natural finish, but slides off like crazy by the end of the day.

Eventually went to Sephora and tried this. Loved it right away. It has the creamy consistency I love, and a nice natural finish. Staying power is the best of any concealer I've tried (I always use setting powder). The coverage is great. It doesn't cover my dark circles entirely, but it does a reasonable job. I used shade 2 for my NC25 skin.

Edit: I've since found a better concealer with better staying power and coverage - Lancome effances waterproof. love! I also got lazy about using setting powder; it's too much work. I also found the staying power of this concealer was terrible in hot and humid weather. I've downgraded the rating of this LM concealer to a 4 as a result.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by valval84

I have this in number 2. The previous concealers I have used have been wet n wild, neutrogena, physicians formula wand, and Benefit lemon-aid, Boi-ing, clinique, and a few others I have forgotten. I have used this concealer exclusively for 2 months (without foundation) . I have fair skin with cool undertones. This concealer is really nothing special I feel it is overrated and the formula just seems out dated. Laura Mercier may be a good brand but this concealer is not their specialty. Its very drying and does not blend well. Benefit wins by a long shot and you could find a drugstore brand that could do better.