November 24, 2014 | 1666 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by joannatengco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product because this actually covers the darkness in my undereye area and not only that, it also moisturize my skin. That's why I rate it 5 on overall!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by GoldenLily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

C5/C6 NC44 BBWarm Honey/Golden LM Caramel for reference. I love this concealer, it's very soft and not as sticky as the Bobbi Brown concealer I used to have which actually hurts the delicate skin under my eyes while patting. This is so soft, it goes on like a dream and 4 is the perfect color for me. I have a "natural smoky eye" (that's what I like to call it) and this brightens my look instantly and doesn't settle in lines. Great!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by sdellinger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This in shade #2 is my HG fall/winter under eye concealer. It seems to have a bit of eye creme or moisturizer mixed in (VERY creamy) so in the summer it doesn't stay put. But in the WINTER it is perfect!

I have used lancome, trish, YSL, cle de peau (WAY too dry). At under 30 dollars this is a steal! Definitely a desert island product for me and in my top five favorite items. I have hereditary darkness, work crazy hours and travel for a living, I NEVER look rested. The minute I put this on I look 5 years younger and it never creases or gets cakey, also it LASTS all day (a huge plus for my schedule).

One important note: this is for undereyes only. If you use this for the face (where it is not intended) you may break out. The secret camoflage is the concealer they make for the face. My SA was very clear about this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lhenry03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HOLY C&*#@!

I have suffered from extremely dark under eye circle all my life. They are so bad that without makeup, I look like I've got two black eyes. I have used Bobbie Brown corrector/concealer for years now and although it did a good job, that blue/purple circles were still somewhat noticeable. I thought that that was the best I was going to get. Until today when I went to go pick up more corrector at Sephora and came up with the GENIUS idea to ask the sales lady if she recommended any other brands for under eye concealers. I have been using Bobbie for so long, I wondered if I had missed anything else. So after trying benefit, makeup 4 ever and Yves Saint Laurent to no avail, we tried this concealer. The sales girl applied it on pretty light, so I didn't see any difference and decided that I would just go back to Bobbie. But when she left I globbed more Laura Mercier on under my eyes. It took a couple fingertip scoops and blended. But holy crap! It covered EVERYTHING. No blue/purple lines showed trough. SOLD! I look like a healthy normal person now! And it's now the end of the day and the concealer is still going strong and no crease or cakey. So...it only took me 10 years but I have finally found my HG concealer. Plus, I don't have to buy a corrector & concealer now. I would recommend anyone who suffers from dark circles to give this a try. It's creamy, thick and you definitely need to put a lot on (but if you have dark circles you know your going to need FULL coverage). I'm in love!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by mintchyy

This concealer is the best! I suffer from dark circles and this concealer covers my dark circles like a magic! :D but i need to use alot of them because when i blend, it just gone -.- so i just apply it and blend around the area then i apply a setting powder. It doesn't look cakey and it last all day! Def will repurchase this <3

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Insight89

I have No.2 . Indeed the texture is very creamy, it sort of covers my dark eye circles, but after a few hours it turns orangey and I'll have to apply a different lighter concealer to correct the colour.
I was charged more than the price the sales assistant quoted me (in AU). Emailed Laura Mercier customer service, they dont seem to care - no reply at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by greenteapixie

This concealer has a very creamy consistency (more liquidy than a powder I guess?) which I love. I think it covers current acne great. However, it does get absorbed by a few hours so if you have a pimple with a gigantic whitehead in it, it will be more prominent so perhaps a reapply (instead of a topup!) is needed. It also cakes up if you apply too much, so just dab a bit onto any acne/scarring. It's also very noticeable if you apply too much under the eye area/dark circles. This being said, it does blend in well with my skintone (I'm an NC25 and have this in 02 I believe) so it is my current go-to until I find my ultimate HG concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by lovelyharmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely amazing. I have very dark circles which this product covers it right up. Texture is very creamy but recommend that you use a good moisturizing eye cream underneath as the concealer can look caked on at the of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by carlym99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far this is one of my favorite under eye concealers next to Bobbi Brown and Armani. It's very creamy so it doesn't go on dry looking. However, you have to be careful not to put too much on or it will look too creamy and crease.

I am bias towards Laura Mercier products as they are one of the only brands that match the tone of my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by sharonsevea

I have visible vein lines, puffiness and bags under my eyes and therefore I have been in search of a HG concealer that will help cover all of the problems above. I first started using the Mac concealer but I didnt like it as I felt it was too thick, didnt blend properly and ended up showing visible dryness under my eyes. I then switched to YSL touch eclat which didnt give the dryness but it didnt give the coverage that I wanted and I was also told by a MUA not to use touche eclat under eyes with eyebags as it tends to emphasize instead of hiding the eyebags. I never had any problems with this concealer it blends and covers the problem areas perfectly and I use it in conjunction with the laura mercier secret brightening powder.(Check out my review for that as well) I also use it to cover pimples although its meant to be used only under the eyes and I feel that it also covers the pimples giving me flawless look.