January 30, 2015 | 1876 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by babad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this concealer because it looks great after applying it! It matches my skin tone pretty well, but after a few minutes (or even an hour) it actually makes me dark circles look purple =( It also fades away pretty fast even after applying loose powder to help set it.. SAD! I loved how natural this looked on my skin - but i'm still on the hunt for my HG concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by pk23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best concealer I have tried.
The coverage is perfect on both spots and especially the under eye area. My eye bags are hereditary and HUGE! It is so hard to find a concealer which does the job of covering them up. This does not eliminate them 100% like a miracle but pretty close. I used to still get comments about how tired I look when using previous concealers but when I wear this no one tells me I look tired and I've even been complimented about how fresh my face looks.
The texture is creamy and easy to apply and doesnt cake up under the eyes or crease.
I am so thankful to have found this and will continue to purchase again and again.
It is a high end make up product, which I try to avoid sticking to a working students budget but I will happily pay the $35(AU) for this concealer because it does such an amazing job and while the pot looks small it lasts a good amount of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by BreaMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the concealer that the girl at Sephora recommended for my wedding, and I've been buying it ever since. It's not dry and chalky like some that I've tried- it goes on very smoothly and covers my under eye area very well (the only area I use it for). Definitely the best concealer I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by joannatengco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product because this actually covers the darkness in my undereye area and not only that, it also moisturize my skin. That's why I rate it 5 on overall!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by GoldenLily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

C5/C6 NC44 BBWarm Honey/Golden LM Caramel for reference. I love this concealer, it's very soft and not as sticky as the Bobbi Brown concealer I used to have which actually hurts the delicate skin under my eyes while patting. This is so soft, it goes on like a dream and 4 is the perfect color for me. I have a "natural smoky eye" (that's what I like to call it) and this brightens my look instantly and doesn't settle in lines. Great!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by sdellinger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This in shade #2 is my HG fall/winter under eye concealer. It seems to have a bit of eye creme or moisturizer mixed in (VERY creamy) so in the summer it doesn't stay put. But in the WINTER it is perfect!

I have used lancome, trish, YSL, cle de peau (WAY too dry). At under 30 dollars this is a steal! Definitely a desert island product for me and in my top five favorite items. I have hereditary darkness, work crazy hours and travel for a living, I NEVER look rested. The minute I put this on I look 5 years younger and it never creases or gets cakey, also it LASTS all day (a huge plus for my schedule).

One important note: this is for undereyes only. If you use this for the face (where it is not intended) you may break out. The secret camoflage is the concealer they make for the face. My SA was very clear about this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lhenry03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HOLY C&*#@!

I have suffered from extremely dark under eye circle all my life. They are so bad that without makeup, I look like I've got two black eyes. I have used Bobbie Brown corrector/concealer for years now and although it did a good job, that blue/purple circles were still somewhat noticeable. I thought that that was the best I was going to get. Until today when I went to go pick up more corrector at Sephora and came up with the GENIUS idea to ask the sales lady if she recommended any other brands for under eye concealers. I have been using Bobbie for so long, I wondered if I had missed anything else. So after trying benefit, makeup 4 ever and Yves Saint Laurent to no avail, we tried this concealer. The sales girl applied it on pretty light, so I didn't see any difference and decided that I would just go back to Bobbie. But when she left I globbed more Laura Mercier on under my eyes. It took a couple fingertip scoops and blended. But holy crap! It covered EVERYTHING. No blue/purple lines showed trough. SOLD! I look like a healthy normal person now! And it's now the end of the day and the concealer is still going strong and no crease or cakey. So...it only took me 10 years but I have finally found my HG concealer. Plus, I don't have to buy a corrector & concealer now. I would recommend anyone who suffers from dark circles to give this a try. It's creamy, thick and you definitely need to put a lot on (but if you have dark circles you know your going to need FULL coverage). I'm in love!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by mintchyy

This concealer is the best! I suffer from dark circles and this concealer covers my dark circles like a magic! :D but i need to use alot of them because when i blend, it just gone -.- so i just apply it and blend around the area then i apply a setting powder. It doesn't look cakey and it last all day! Def will repurchase this <3

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Insight89

I have No.2 . Indeed the texture is very creamy, it sort of covers my dark eye circles, but after a few hours it turns orangey and I'll have to apply a different lighter concealer to correct the colour.
I was charged more than the price the sales assistant quoted me (in AU). Emailed Laura Mercier customer service, they dont seem to care - no reply at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by greenteapixie

This concealer has a very creamy consistency (more liquidy than a powder I guess?) which I love. I think it covers current acne great. However, it does get absorbed by a few hours so if you have a pimple with a gigantic whitehead in it, it will be more prominent so perhaps a reapply (instead of a topup!) is needed. It also cakes up if you apply too much, so just dab a bit onto any acne/scarring. It's also very noticeable if you apply too much under the eye area/dark circles. This being said, it does blend in well with my skintone (I'm an NC25 and have this in 02 I believe) so it is my current go-to until I find my ultimate HG concealer.