September 19, 2014 | 974 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in See Sheer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

A really smooth, moisturizing semi-opaque natural peach with a hint of pink on my pigmented NC30 Asian lips. It's a really great Summer color and a good formula too, since it wears evenly with no gunky lip residue as it fades. It's a noticeable color, but still work-friendly and also first-date pretty. Just a nice, pinky peach color. Compliments Orgasm blush perfectly, FYI ;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is such an amazing everyday color. NC15 redhead for reference. It's really similar to my natural lip color, but just a tiny bit brighter and more coral. It's not an in-your-face bright lipstick, but it's just bright enough to liven up your whole face, even without wearing any othermakeup. It has a nice sheen to it, and feels comfortable on the lips. With a quick swipe it imparts a gorgeous sheer color, but it can easily be built up to something suitable for nighttime wear.

The only gripe I have with this is that it doesn't last long on my lips at all, but I'm willing to deal with it because it's so non-drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by lushorchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For reference I'm NC30ish with mediterranean coloring. The moment I got see sheer it went straight into my essentials makeup bag in my purse and ever since I've been wearing it everyday. It's the perfect sweet pop of color that still manages to look natural.
It goes on a sheer pinky coral without tipping into orange, has no blue tones. The color seems to both brighten and deepen my natural lip color, settling into the perfect summer shade of flushed lips. The formula is more of a deeply tinted balm than lipstick and is moisturizing and comfortable to wear. The tradeoff is that you have to reapply every few hours, but I'll gladly reapply.
Overall, love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Drigsby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

See sheer is one of my favorite lipsticks of all time. It's a really pretty not-too-bright coral shade. Wear time is a little quick (2-3 hours on me) however it's very comfy to wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by serpendity

Im a NC 42-44 (in summers) and this color just lights up my face! Its a beautiful coral pink color which tends to pull more coral on me. And though it is a lustre finish the lipstick is quite pigmented and glossy so that it can be used on its own, and made as bright or as natural as you want to wear it.
Since i have two toned lips, I use MAC Hover Lip Liner very lightly to reduce to the darkness of my upper lip and then apply See Sheer. It makes my lips look plumper and doesnt dry them out, staying on for a good 3-4 hrs.
In my opinion it is the perfect summer shade which will suit a lot of warmer skin tones as well without being too in your face or bold.
Has found a permanent place in my stash!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by GiaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My fave every day lipstick but it can also be applied a little more liberally for a full on more bold night time lipstick.
This was my first Mac lipstick and I will say the price is good for a more high end product. To me its worth every penny and I will always re buy.
The colour is very much a cherry coral light red. Well thats on me. My lips are quite dark pink to begin with so maybe that's why it seems so pigmented!
But its absolutely gorgeous on tanned skin (think J Lo or Jessica Alba colouring NC30-35ish).
Its a lustre so will not dry your lips out. It also won't do that horrible thing that a lot of the creme sheens do and highlight cracks or flacky lips.
See sheer is defo one of the most moisturising lustre's that I own actually. But i don't find that this affects the color pay off because it's still super long lasting and pigmented on me. I'll only really reapply it once a day for a full day's work in the office.
You can apply it lightly and it will look super natural - like your own lips but a little more kissable and rosebud like! Or go a bit heavier and you'll have a subtle red. My favourite lipstick - and believe me i own a fair few :S

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by anne99415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my perfect everyday lipstick. I went to a MAC store and asked for a lipstick that was close to the natural colour of my lips, only brighter. I naturally have a pretty bright coral colour to my lips, which is further accentuated by how pale I am. The sales rep gave me See Sheer and a couple others to try out (can't remember the specific names, but one was too orange and the other too pink). It was such a close match to my natural lip colour just a tiny bit brighter, which is exactly what I was looking for! The finish is also great, not completely matte but not glossy. Perfect, natural everyday lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

I love this! The color is not too bold so it's great to wear at work, or if you wear a lot of eye makeup and still wants to wear lipstick without looking cheap. It has a great formula that doesn't dry out my lips and a pleasant smell of vanilla thats not too sweet or overpowering. it's easy to apply and does not feel heavy on the lips. It's now my favorite everyday lipstick that I always keep in my purse. Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm an expert when reviewing coral lipsticks. I bought all the shades and textures you can find in the market and this one is one of the very best of all. The shade is perfect, bright enough to lighten up your complexion but mute enough for a daytime look. The shade is a kind of rosy coral in a classy way. The feeling is really comfortable, you can't feel the lipstick on your lips at all but you only feel your lips nicely moisturised. My only con is the smell, this typical Mac articial milkiway-vanilla smell that gets inside your nostrils.I would buy more Mac lipsticks if they didnīt have that cloying smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by tina21

i just love the lipstick..the shade is just perfect! i some times add a little gloss from mac creensheen lustre richer or smile luv the result...