July 29, 2014 | 2012 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in See Sheer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by anne99415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my perfect everyday lipstick. I went to a MAC store and asked for a lipstick that was close to the natural colour of my lips, only brighter. I naturally have a pretty bright coral colour to my lips, which is further accentuated by how pale I am. The sales rep gave me See Sheer and a couple others to try out (can't remember the specific names, but one was too orange and the other too pink). It was such a close match to my natural lip colour just a tiny bit brighter, which is exactly what I was looking for! The finish is also great, not completely matte but not glossy. Perfect, natural everyday lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

I love this! The color is not too bold so it's great to wear at work, or if you wear a lot of eye makeup and still wants to wear lipstick without looking cheap. It has a great formula that doesn't dry out my lips and a pleasant smell of vanilla thats not too sweet or overpowering. it's easy to apply and does not feel heavy on the lips. It's now my favorite everyday lipstick that I always keep in my purse. Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm an expert when reviewing coral lipsticks. I bought all the shades and textures you can find in the market and this one is one of the very best of all. The shade is perfect, bright enough to lighten up your complexion but mute enough for a daytime look. The shade is a kind of rosy coral in a classy way. The feeling is really comfortable, you can't feel the lipstick on your lips at all but you only feel your lips nicely moisturised. My only con is the smell, this typical Mac articial milkiway-vanilla smell that gets inside your nostrils.I would buy more Mac lipsticks if they didnīt have that cloying smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by tina21

i just love the lipstick..the shade is just perfect! i some times add a little gloss from mac creensheen lustre richer or smile luv the result...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by corkeyes

This is just beautiful. My favourite lipstick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this lipstick a lot - beautiful colour!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

i wanted a bright lipstick for Spring and Summer, but i was a little worried because i like to wear my eyes a little heavy. this is perfect because it is bright, but still extremely wearable.
the MAC MUA put MAC's lipliner in Boldly Bare on me with this, and it looked SO nice, but i didn't buy it only because i know i won't ever bother commiting to applying lipliner, especially on the go. i also was wearing MAC's Taupe on my lips at the counter before i took it off and tried this on, and the comparison blew my socks off, because this looked so bright and just drew the light to it at once.
now on to the colour; See Sheer is a sheer red with orange, coral undertones. my skintone is fair mediterranean, so maybe the orange stands out more on me than the coral. a good comparison is Viva Glam Cyndi - because they're both sheer reds, but Cyndi has more of a true/cooler red undertone whereas See Sheer has an orange undertone. it's also Lustre, so i like to pair it with a good lipbalm or gloss. this particular colour really sticks around a long time as well, and i also like to pair it with a very similar coloured scarf (and my hair has a similar colour in it).
this lipstick lights up my face completely and doesn't compete with my slightly heavier eye make-up, it actually compliments it. and this just cheers me up so much when i wear it.
TIP: to those who have it and find it too orange for their liking, just find any lipgloss with blue in it to cancel out the orange and make the red a bit more of a berry. (orange and blue are opposites on the colour wheel).
100% recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by stls

Very wearable reddish glossy coral, one of my favorites!
I like the lustre formula because it feels moisturizing and low maintenance, almost like a colored lip balm unlike cremeshenes that settle in the lines of my lips.
See sheer looks mostly neutral on me. It's a no-brainer shade when I want something not too pink or too orange or too red to brighten my face in a non- overpowering way.
Goes well with plain neutral or greenish eye make up when I need a not too nude nor too bright lip color, love it!
Only downside: well, it does wear off rather quickly.

Edit: Love the color but won't repurchase. The same problem with all lustres... constant need for reapplication. I think the Dior Addict Extreme formula gives the same sheer glossy effect with Lustres but so much more longlasting. The closest color to See Sheer is Riviera. It's not a dupe though, looks less red and brighter overall but I'm more satisfied with this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

See Sheer is one of my go-to coral lipsticks that I know look great on me without a doubt. One of the most beautiful colours I own. (NC44 for reference)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have bought a dozen lipsticks hoping that they would turn out to be a color like this. This coral is just bright enough, it's so unique and just the perfect color for any make up. It's a lustre so it's very moisturizing and I don't understand why people would mention that you must reapply often as if they didn't want to do that they should've bought a long wearing lipstick. I love how soft it feels on the lips and hate that long wear dry feeling so I have no problems with reapplying. Even when it seems like it wears off it leaves a light stain, never drying and I'm so happy that it's not a LE. This is my HG lippie and it won't disappoint if you like corals with a touch of pink.