October 25, 2014 | 1716 users online

Lip Gloss - BeneFit Cosmetics - PocketPal

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Noboho

Ok, this sounds like the ultimate in makeup convenience, but sometimes you end up sacrificing quality for something that's convenient. That's the case with pocketpal. I bought it because I really love the tint side. The hue gives my lips a sexy feminine berry look. However I, and I may be the only girl on Makeupalley that feels this way, but I DON"T LIKE LIPGLOSS. I just don't like it. I don't like the look of it or the feeling of having it on my lips. I may even HATE lipgloss. So when I used this I never even opened the lipgloss side. I felt like I kind of wasted some of my money buying a product I'm only going to use half of. The tint is also very drying on my lips, which is to be expected with any lip stain. Lip Balm on top is a must! I simply cannot deny that the color of my lips is to die for after I've put this on. I will have to do some serious contemplating about buying this again though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Sour

A blush and gloss in one, so convenient! I love using Benetint on my lips because it gives me color I can build on. You can have anything from a deep red to a flushed pink depending on the color you want. I also love Benetint as a cheek stain. Though I do have to admit, it doesn’t last as long on my cheeks as it does on my lips for some reason. I find myself having to reapply quite often…

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ilovepink82

I have already rated this under the Benetint section, I love this product. I bought it in the pocket pal as I thought the lip gloss was going to be just like their other lip glosses but unfortunately not. The gloss is too sticky for my liking so I only use the Benetint section!

I will be buying Benetint again but not in pocketpal form!

The packaging is good and comes in a carry pouch so you can travel with it without it leaking!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

I was very disappointed with this product. Like many others, the idea of carrying around a lip tint and gloss in one was so nice and convenient- ideal for the busy girl on the go. However, I felt swindled after paying $25 and receiving very little product in return.

PROS: (1) It did give my lips a lovely rosy pink, they really stood out. (2) the gloss was good at giving a ‘dewy’ look to your lips rather than a grease smear.

CONS: (1) if you mix too much of the gloss and tint in-between applications, the gloss will give off a putrid smell- girls beware! (2) the tint was very runny. (3) the tint dried out my lips too much.

I will only give it two lippies because it did give me nice rosy lips, however I found the product in general was of poor quality to me. In the mean time I will stick to MAC tints.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not a good product in my opinion.
First off, the tint doesn't stay on your lips when you put the gloss over, making the gloss applicator all red. Which is fine, I suppose, but I had to reapply the tint as much as the gloss.
Second, the gloss is probably the worst gloss I've tried in a long time. It is thick and sticky and completely unpleasant. It was so hard to even get out of the tube, let alone put on my lips.
AWFUL. Just awful.
The only reason I'm giving this 2 lipsticks is because I loved carrying the benetint around in my bag for my cheeks. It made me look fresh in the middle of the day if I was looking a bit blah.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Blooregard13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this to be able to carry my Benetint in my bag all day, because the regular bottle is too big for this purpose.
I love Benetint so this product comes in handy, yet i don't really care for the lipgloss. It doesn't last long on the lips and leaves them very dry.
I probably won't be buying the product again because I will get the new mini version of it of the justine case.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by 3lla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

real let down by benefit.
Great idea, but they seriously need to get a better gloss. It ended up drying my lips out and making them look as if they were just popped out of a Barbie factory. Seriously.

For now, I'll stick to just a plain old bottle of Benetint with my own glosses. This product really isn't worth it considering the price and how annoying it can be to use aswell as the quality of the lipgloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by charmax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This a review for the Pocket Pal, and not for Benetint. Personally I love the colour of Benetint on my lips and or cheeks. I also love the Benetint applicator with the Pocket Pal and the idea that you can take this out with you for re-application (which you will need, this doesn't stain my lips for very long at all). However, my main problem with the product is the gloss which I find to be far too sticky and I don't like the taste. I much prefer the gloss with MAC Pro-Longwears which feels much smoother. I almost used up all the Benetint in my Pocket Pal and so have bought a full size Benetint.

Overall this is a good product to buy if you want to try out Benetint but is let down by the poor quality lip gloss on the opposite end.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by simmiewong

This pocketpal comes with the lipgloss and benetint. I apply the lipgloss first before applying benetint and it makes my lips look natural looking colour and i really love this product!! While the benetint works well as blusher.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2008 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cute idea, cute packaging, and gives a pretty rosy look to the lips. However, it dried the living hell out of my lips. I mean seriously, in maybe half an hours time I felt like my lips were flaky and dry and I exfoliate them everyday (sara happ lip scrub) I prefer the benetint balm although that's a little on the dry side as well.