April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cold cream ultra-rich cleansing gel

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 10:41:00 PM More reviews by yansi

bought this because my dermatologist recommended this product to me. it's soo gentle, but it works in keeping my skin clean. i love the fact that it doesn't have any fancy smell to it. my skin doesn't feel dry after using this <3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this as I needed a cleanser to remove the dirt/make up from my sensitive skin.

Far from being gentle, this made my skin feel tight, sore and pink. What a waste of money! I think i'll just have to use this on my T Zone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! It gets all my make-up off and leaves my skin feeling very soft. I love the smell of it, it's nice, without being way too harsh or irritating. I have fairly sensitive skin so even using a cleanser with scent in it it amazing! I have been using this for about 6 months now (and the bottle is STILL going...) so I counter balance the price with how long it lasts. It is about $29.00 CDN at London Drugs. They regularly have sales like spend $30 and get something free so I definatly take advantage of that. It is a 400ml bottle and you only need approx half a squirt to wash up. Ask for samples !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Absolutely

Update: This stuff smells like rotten eggs after a couple of months. I still have about 1/3 of the bottle left. One lippie off.

I love, love this stuff. I always hesitated to buy this because I thought that rougher scrubs and cleansers were the way to go for my oily, acne-prone skin. However, after using this gentle cold cream cleanser (I wouldn't personally categorize it as cold cream in the sense that it removes all my makeup), my complexion was instantly brighter and not red or ruddy. I use this after an oil cleanser to take off makeup and it doesn't dry out my skin or leave any film. It comes in a big 400 mL pump-top bottle which is my ideal type of packaging. The consistency is a liquidy gel that foams up really well if you add a lot of water, or you can not add much water to have a minimal to no foam gel-wash. It was 29 dollars CAD before taxes. I will repurchase.

Edit: I stopped using this. This isn't that special anymore and I'm looking into more natural or organic brands.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 4:59:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

I bought this for when my skin gets sensitive and dehydrated during the winter season, but unfortunately, this didn't seem to help at all. It seemed to dehydrate my skin further, instead of leaving it comfortable or soothed. It felt quite harsh and also didn't cleanse my skin thoroughly. This might work better for me during warmer seasons, but I would prefer using something with glycolic and salicylic acid in the summer. Won't be repurchasing this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 2:05:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a cold cream gel for individuals with very sensitive skin prone to irritation. It was recommended by my Derm. I did not find the gel to be any more hydrating that any other product in its class such a La Roche Posay. I also did not like the consistancy of the gel. Very borring and plain.

Product Name is: Nettoyant Surgras Cold Cream Gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 7:26:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the way I cleanse my skin: first I apply Safflower Oil on my face and neck, then I wash off with a gentle wash-off cleanser. I've found that this is the best way to remove sunscreen and make-up without drying out my sensitive normal-dry skin (Baumann type DSNT close to DSPW). I bought this cleanser after reading the great reviews and all the recs on the Skincare board. It does its job well and would be great for someone with more normal-oily skin but it's too drying for mine. I used it from summer until early November so the 400ml lasted about 4 months. It was too drying by November where it's winter in England and the heating's on. I've gone back to my 473ml Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser which suits my skin better and lasts me about 7 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

This comes in a very large bottle and occasionally on sale, so I can afford to also use this on my body, but normally save it for my face. It has no clogging/irritating ingredients and does not leave my combo skin more oily, just nice and clean. I use Retin A and have to use gentle products. Supposedly contains a high percentage of that wonderful thermal water. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Valou

I first received a sample of this from a SA at Shoppers Drug Mart, and I left it in the drawer unused all summer while I searched for the elusive perfect skin clearing-makeup-removing face wash. Since my skin started to get quite irritated from the recent dipping temperature here in Ontario, I hesitantly gave the tiny tube a try. After 5 days I went out and purchased the full size pump bottle. No other cleaner currently cleans my skin as gently as this does *without* causing breakouts. While I still have to follow with a moisturizer (currently using a mix of Avene Soothing Serum and Clinique Moisture Surge) there is simply no comparison between my skin after using this cleaner and my skin before, after using one of the multitude of cleaners for acne-prone combination skin. I will most certainly use up the full sized bottle before spring, and Iíll have to decide at that time if I still need such a moisturizing cleaner during the summer months. For now, absolutely HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Dani

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for the past 7 months and really like it a lot.

I had been using a cleansing oil for a long time, but had switched to Avene because cleansing oils are hard to find where I live now.

The Avene removes m/u and sunscreen really well, but it's a little drying on my dry, sensitive skin. It's not a big deal though because I spray my face w/ Avene Thermal water after washing, then immediately follow w/ a moisturizer. continued >>