September 23, 2014 | 2114 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by xga1125

After reading reviews for this product, I realize this works for a lot of people but I haven't used it enough to judge its quality. I bought the package that came with this along with two other scented hand creams. I am not a fan of the scent. I tried to use it more to get my money worth but the scent's really off-putting for me. The biggest con for me is the packaging - whenever I open the lid the product comes out uncontrollably without me squeezing the tube. If I want to give it another try I would have to transfer it to a container which is a hassle ..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Iīm not a big hand creme fan, and I use hand cream only once a day, when I go to bed. Thatīs why my hand creme has to be very effective and last through the whole day and through several hand washings and showers.

I have been using Niveaīs hand cremes for ages, but they donīt keep my hand soft and moisturized the whole day, so I decided to give a try and buy Body Shopīs hemp hand protector. And WOW- what a difference! Even my boyfriends super dry, flaky hands healed in a few days. My hands and cuticles look better than ever and I donīt have to use an separate cuticle cream as I earlier did, this one works well for them too. (Better than any other cuticle cream ever!) Iīm not a big fan of the smell, but Iīm already getting used to it :).

This one also lasts for ages, only a small amount is enough. The metallic tube is beautiful and nice but if you carry it around, it will soon look ugly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

It is one of the best hand creams for very very dry skin. It is a very rich product so your hand might feel a little bit oily after applying it. The scent is quite herbally but you will definitely get use to it (I used to hate the smell of the cream but after a while you don't seem to smell it at all). Its a very rich product but it also has a very strong stay on power. Even after 3-4 hours with touching stuffs and washing hands, I could still feel the cream meaning your hands are properly hydrated. I actually let my sister tried it on as she works in a coffee shop and always has her hands wet and dried repeatedly so basically her hands are red and dry and cracking and being disgraceful. After a while (I forgot to pay attention on time) I spotted a good improvement on her hands and now this is her favourite hand cream and she has been recommending it to all the people she works with. So if you have very very dry hands, I think this is a good product for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by cdias16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while ago and thought it would be really moisturiing.. Its not. its got a terriable hemp smell (yes i know thats what hemp smells like) but it doesnt dissipates... it lingers forever!

and i have this constant feeling like i need to wash my hands after applying it. In fact, i often go and wash it off. I only still have this thing because its a large tube and i feel bad wasting it. Actually... nevermind i think i'll just throw it out or give it away.

Another dissapointing Body Shop Product.

Going back to Glysomed

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by morphy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't relate to the other reviewers who complained about the smell. It's just the natural scent of hemp oil without any perfumes added, and it's very faint. Glad I decided to try it. UPDATE: I came back to add another lippie as after use, I've noticed the skin on my hands (and neck where I also apply this) have improved noticeably. I even went out and bought a bottle of hemp oil, but somehow hemp oil on its own isn't having the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by saraarod

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I buy it every winter in the large and small size for my desk and purse. I usually wait for the sales because I can't afford the normal price. All of my friends are hooked too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Did I get a lemon with this stuff? I got this in a huge Xmas gift set, given by a dear friend who knows I like The Body Shop products and who also likes them herself. I had never tried the "Hemp" line because I thought it would smell like....well...hemp - a smell like raw, natural rope. I wish....smelling like rope would be an improvement over the smell of what I got. Honestly, if it smelled like patchouli, I'd be thrilled. If it smelled herbal, I would love it. The one I got smells revolting...sort of like raw chicken skin (if that makes any sense). It just smells vile. It may be a great hand cream but, honestly, I nearly threw up when I put this on my hands and then smelled my hands. I couldn't wash it off fast enough. I will try to use it on my feet, just to use it up (and since my feet are far from my nose and I can slip socks overtop to further minimize the smell, this might work). Next time I'm at The Body Shop, I'll check out how their testers smell but, honestly, this tube is just dreadful. A shame, since it seems to be a very effective hand cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by JewL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG hand lotion for the winter! I can't get enough it! Only need a small amount to moisturize my hands after washing hands, and it leaves my hands totally soothed and utterly soft. Some people don't like the scent, but I don't mind it. Smells like an earthy, patchouli scent to me.

I keep a full size next to my bed to use before I go to bed, and a travel size in my bag for other times. My hands have never looked better!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by lovelylass

WOW this hand cream is the best one I have ever tried, I have suffered for years with Dry, Sore, Cracked - even bleeding hands and they have always looked 20 years older than the rest of me.
Anyway I have heard great things about this and although the smell isnt the best OMG it works!! after a couple of uses my hand are so soft and back to how they should be! If you can get past the smell you will be amazed at this

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by emmahlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cannot praise this cream enough. I bought it because I was looking for a good hand cream as the winter is settling in and it makes my skin so dry and irritated. I remembered this cream being around the house as a child as my Dad would use it, and if it was good enough for him then it's good enough for me.

This comes in a 100ml tube made of Aluminium, and also a tub version is available (not sure what amount). I chose the tube because I don't really like tubs for hygiene reasons. The first thing I noticed about this cream is how thick it is, but a little definitely goes a long way - I think the thickness is a bonus as many hand creams are so liquid that you easily use to much and it goes to waste. I didn't find this greasy at all, and my skin instantly felt better.

A lot of people complained about the smell, which I actually enjoy as it's quite herbal. If you're looking for a feminine fragrant hand cream then you may want to sample this yourself before buying, but the smell really isn't too noticeable I don't think. It's a preference thing really.

Overall I can't praise this enough and I will be buying again, and again.