Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum

4.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Naturally Derived Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)

on 4/22/2009 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this serum. I have long straight colored hair. I dont use any styling products. I use one pump and run it through clean damp hair. I let my hair dry naturally. The end result is silk shiny hair w/ a lovely jasmine scent. This was a splurge buy and I'm so glad I did! Would buy again and again!

on 2/11/2009 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I splurged on this product during Sephora's annual FF sale and I can't complain about the scent, it is just beautiful, but the product itself is not so impressive on my curly hair. maybe I'm just not noticing it's benefits but I didn't notice much difference when Ironing my hair. The scent is great and I love that it's not as heavy as john frieda's serum or other drugstore serums, but for the price I doubt I will pik this up again.

on 1/20/2009 10:22:00 PM

Ugh! I am so annoyed that I tried this stuff! It is so insanely expensive!!!! I didn't find that it was any better than other serums that I have tried for my thick hair. The packaging is awful. The glass bottle fell off of my bathroom counter and broke, spilling some of the product. A plastic bottle, while not as 'luxurious,' would be an improvement. Honestly, I think that Frizz-Ease and the frizz serum by CitiShine are just as effective...and FAR less expensive!

on 12/19/2008 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am crazy about this serum. I have medium to long curly (3c) hair that I sometimes blow dry and straighten. This serum works great when I want to wear my hair curly /wavy and smooth at the top (comb hair with wide toothed comb, spread Jasmine Serum through hair, then use Paul Mitchell Styling Foam and diffuse.) It also works great when I blow dry. I use this product on the hair near my head (6 pumps) and then on the ends I put Aveda Brilliant Creme. Then I use a round brush and dry in sections.

I was debating between this and the Aveda Smoothing Fluid which I have heard is a little lighter of a product so I would have to use even more of it than what I use of the Jasmine. But, I find the Jasmine Serum to be relatively light as well. In fact, I wish it was a little more strong so I didn't have to use as much. So my complaint is that it's so expensive for such a small bottle. :-) I also am not super crazy about the jasmine scent, but it's not too bad and seems to dissapate.

on 11/17/2008 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Product itself is nice and I would give it a higher rating if the packaging wasn't ABSOLUTE CRAP. I got the half ounce size, and the pump simply does not work. For that reason alone, I'll be returning this. I'm even more irritated because this is the second Oscar Blandi product I've blown money on where the packaging just ruined the product for me (the other being the spray version of the dry shampoo which leaked the product everywhere and was completely empty after two uses). Whoever does the packaging for this company really needs to get with the program.

on 10/21/2008 10:48:00 AM

This is one product I cannot live without! I use it every time I blow dry my hair using one pump on wet hair and one pump afterwards on dry hair. A little bit is all you need to smooth and protect your hair and one bottle lasts me about 6 months. It also smells great and gives my hair a nice shine w/o being greasy. I will use this forever.

on 8/23/2008 4:28:00 PM

I don't really have anything to add about the product itself, but would like to point out that you can buy a "to go" size from Sephora for $16. While that's still RIDICULOUS for the small size, it's not a bad way to test the product.

on 8/23/2008 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Heavenly scent, and a perfectly light, non-sticky/greasy texture. This gives my hair great polish and shine, and even after a long night it doesn't become gummy, weighted down or oily. The scent lasts for hours, and it has a relatively low hazard rating on cosmeticdatabase.com of 3/10.

on 8/11/2008 6:28:00 PM

This is heaven in a bottle...smells like a dream, true jasmine, and hydrates my ends like nobody's business. Makes hair glossy and incredible-smelling. So what if it's crazy expensive? Would I buy this again? In a heartbeat...

on 7/29/2008 1:43:00 PM

This is LOVE in a bottle. The fragrance is somewhere between jasmine (as marketed) and gardenia, and truely uplifting. It adds uber-shine, and accrues compliments like flies to flypaper.

Popular Styling Products