October 25, 2014 | 1374 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2009 reviews)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Popelala3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Did some research on how safe its ingredients were and if you Google 'ten reasons why not buy benetint' there is a claim that its ingredients are comedogenic (clogged pores, acne) and one of its ingredients breaks down into a carcinogen (cancer causing) which is a turn off, especially when it is used as a lip stain (every time I use it, I can taste the product as it slightly bleeds into my mouth). One of the comments on makeupalley is right in that it is essentially a more expensive version of a food colouring (which is 10 times cheaper and safer to use).

It is also applies badly in that when used as a cheek stain, it majorly highlights dry spots/ lumps on the cheek which makes it look like rosacea on the face

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by chemyst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always see people talking about a foundation/concealer or mascara as their 'holy grail', or what they'd keep if only allowed one beauty product. Well, this is mine. I am so very pale, and never seem to get enough sleep or sun. Even if I wear nothing else, a bit of this gives me a bit of color and keeps me from looking like death warmed over.
It is tricky to apply. My method: doing one cheek at a time, I quickly make an 'x' on a flat brush,and starting at the apples, quickly dab along the cheekbone and then vigorously blend in a circular motion, ending with a quick brush across the bridge of the nose and forehead, repeating the same routine on the other side. It build nicely, and stays put all day on me. And this color looks like I am just flushed, not fake at all. Seriously amazing like that. I even like faint the rose-scent.
It goes on best over 'wet' elements like primer/BB/moisturizer and not really at all on top of powders, so plan application accordingly. I tend to use this more as a base, and if I am going 'full-face' I layer primer/bb/benetint/high beam orliquid highlighter/foundation powder/powder blush/bronzer for more dramatic effrect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Mathildish

I never though this would work for me, for some reason. But I tried it on, and I love it! I'll definately repurchase! It gives you the most natural, cute, not over the top flush! Try it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by tanyacoolkid

Overall, I don't think that this product is worth the hype. I used to love the idea of a lip stain/blush that looks and smells like rose petals. But after mutiple swipes, I still couldn't see any difference on my lips. Same thing happened when I applied it on my cheeks. But recently, I've discovered than when you put a tinted lip balm (mine is from Blistex) over Benetint, it actually gives you that "my-lips-but-better" effect. Still, I'm not repurchasing it because of the pricetag :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I use it every day on it's own and under lipsticks that fade quickly. I think it even works under super dark lipsticks- they look great after a bit of fading. The formula is buildable- you can get a subtle rosey colour or a full on pinkish red.

The formula is super drying though and I have to use some lip moisturiser after using it, or I'll get itchy and uncomfortable lips. I never use it on my cheeks.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Jenalearnsmakeup

I just didn't really feel like it did anything special for me. I love the idea of the nail brush but it ended up just making my life difficult. Not impressed :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by gadgetgalz

Hmm.. Well I will review this product as a blusher first. Pigmentation is okay, but the product just 'shift' my foundation/concealer, so dark spots are visible again. So I never use this product again on my cheeks.

As a lip tint, not at all useful for me. Not only the color didn't stay for more than 10 minutes, it just couldn't absorb to my lips like other lip tint does.

Overall this product is a redundancy for me. Not gonna repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Gavi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to buy this when I discovered lip tints and thought it was unique on the market. It is a very thin formula applied with a nail polish brush, so it takes many, many coats to get any colour while constantly wiping to keep it from bleeding into lines and giving you a clown mouth. It doesn't even last very long.
I've recently discovered Lioele and Tony Moly lip tints which I bought for an incredible price (7$ for Lioele for the same amount as 30$ Benetint). There are so much better tints out there that Benetint is not worth the money and hassle.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Kairarn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This lip & cheek stain, for me is just overhyped product. I don't like the runny liquid texture which is a bit hard to blend. One thing that I love is this smells like roses, however I don't like the bitter taste. The price is so expensive like crazy. If you want to try lip & cheek stain from Benefit, I'd recommend Posietint, because the shade is gorgeous and much much better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by lexeelayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this! I mainly put this on my cheeks and it gives me the prettiest natural flush!! 2 dots and make sure to BLEND FAST!