October 20, 2014 | 2004 users online

Brows - Kevyn Aucoin - The Precision Brow Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by missilita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have found the BEST eyebrow pencil ever! The pencil is slim and tiny (about 5 inches long) and the skinny nib is dry, matte and firm... none of that soft waxy crayon-y stuff that most other brow pencils are made of (that can be easily rubbed off). KA's brow color really stays put and lasts much longer than any other brow colors I have tried. The "brunette" color is also perfect - neither too warm/chocolatey brown nor too dark. A muted taupey brown that looks very natural on me. I also love the stiff spoolie brush on the other end. Downside is that it is SO expensive...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the SUPREME eye brow pencil! Before I had bought it, I'd been looking high and low for the perfect pencil that's both delicate in application yet fills in spots realistically and this is IT. I really can't see anyone being dissappointed or going wrong with it - it fits all shades of brunettes and the pencil tip creates very fine lines that don't have that "drawn on" look that many thicker eyebrow pencils have.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by bebejacket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is eyebrow pencil perfected. Convenience is excellent due to the small size, spoolie brush is on the end, and no need for extra sharpener. The color is natural and soft. I don't know if I could ever use another brand again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by INDICAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG brow pencil. I love how the lead is thin enough that you can make very precise small strokes. My second favorite brow pencil is Lancome's in taupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by SandraBonita

I decided to give this eyebrow pencil a try, and it is a great product! At first, I was a little reluctant to believe this brow pencil came in just one color and that it would match my eyebrows, but it did! And my eyebrows are not always the same color due to tinting. What I like most abut this product is its ease of use. It does not require an eyebrow brush to apply. It goes on smoothly and the fact that its retractable makes it so easy to travel. Depending on how much pressure you apply determines how light or dark you want the shade to look. I will most likely continue to use this product rather than the Smashbox brow powder and wax because this product will most likely last longer and requires less time to apply.
+++++UPDATE
Although I love the quality of this product, I opted not to repurchase it because the brow pencil only lasted me for 2 months. I ended up buying the Anastasia Beverly Hills eye brow pencil, and it's been 3 months since I purchased it, and still have plenty of the pencil left. Even with frequent sharpening!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

I am fair skinned and have very sparse eyebrows and it is so important to have a "natural" looking brow when doing eyebrow makeup. I was hesitant at first since it only comes in one color. But this is my eyebrow HG! I have tried waxes, powders etc and the color just does not match or the powdery application is just unnatural when your eyebrows are thin and sparse. So happy about this! I have always loved his work and trust really paid off! This is a wonderful brow pencil. The strokes really make the difference and it goes on beautifully! You wont be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eyebrow products are probably the last makeup product I would have ever thought I would need, want, or use. I have fairly thick, dark eyebrows that I keep naturally shaped, so I didn't think they could benefit from anything. Also, the one thing I absolutely detest is fake, drawn on eyebrows. Nothing looks more unattractive. So needless to say I was extremely hesitant for the SA at Nordstrom's to try this on me. But she insisted and I was heading home afterwards so I figured, why not? It really is a lovely little product afterall. A few little, natural looking strokes really added a nice polished look to my brows. Gives a bit more structure and fills in any tiny gaps really easily. I love the spoolie on the end, which lets me blend perfectly. Love the packaging too. A new favorite product for me, and such a nice surprise!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2007 8:45:00 AM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thank you so much ladies! I would have never discovered this little gem if not for the great reviews. It is so easy to apply and looks very natural. The pencil itself is very thin, so it's great for precision touchups, and the spoolie on the other end blends out any mistakes for flawless looking brows. You CAN use this to draw individual hairs it's so thin, but I am always in such a rush, I just fill in like normal and my brows still look great. I purchased this in January, so I can't comment on how long it lasts, but I'm hoping for the price paid, that it lasts a long time! I was previously using the Chanel Scuplting pencil, which was nice, but I MUCH prefer this. I don't think I'll be straying anytime soon! LOVE!
UPDATE: It's now the middle of July and I'm still on the same one. It's SO worth the cost!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2007 9:16:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't get me wrong. This was my HG of brow pencils. It's neutral ash brown color and hard lead make it ideal for all haircolors. It is a SUPERB product. The problem is that if you have dark hair and sparse brows, this pencil will run out very quickly. Obviously, you must use more to match your haircolor if you are a brunette. For me, this meant purchasing a new KA pencil every three weeks! One plus is that unlike many other automatic pencils, KA's is retractable.

I'm giving it 4 lippies because IMO at $25.00 plus shipping, it's not a good value for very dark haired brunettes.

I'll just have to keep looking for something else.

UPDATE: Origins Fill In The Blanks for Brunettes isn't bad. It's the same amount of product, but HALF the price. Though it requires sharpening, Iman's Blackest Brown pencil has no red and a firm lead. It's an excellent alternative for brunettes. Price: $7.99.

UPDATE to my previous update:

Dang it - KA's pencil really IS the BEST one out there.

Using dark brown, no-red-in-it powder eyeshadow such as Bobbi Brown Mahogany with a slanted, stiff brow brush to fill in after using KA pencil to outline my brows is the best bet for me--brows don't go as greasy/shiny during the day.

If you have oily skin, remember to lightly powder those penciled or powdered in brows when you powder your nose.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

Because of all the hoopla surrounding this pencil, I decided to buy it. However, when I went to Nordys, they didnt have it, so I had to put my name on a list till they got some in....Im asian with very sparse brows, I have to fill in everyday, otherwise, I look like Im browless...this pencil is not worth it. I have tried a lot of different brands, and this was ok. I like the thin tip, but you can get the same thin tip in a lot of asian brand brow pencils. Yes, the color is very flattering, no red at all, but again, nothing special. I would not shell out $24 for this pencil again, esp since I havent even used it a month, and Im already more than half way done with it.