C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint No 1138

4.6

on 1/7/2007 7:17:00 PM

I love the minty freshness of this lip shine. The color is very subtle. It just adds a hint of color but a lot of shine. I gave lots of these as stocking stuffers. I will buy more when I run out.

on 12/29/2006 10:58:00 PM

i bought this on a whim at bath and body works after christmas. i was a little hesitant at first because peppermint oil can be drying, but i love this product. the consistency is perfect, as is the tint. i love the minty smell, and the smell and tatse remind me of icebreakers liquidice mints. would repurchase, but i think its going to last a while---another plus.

on 12/4/2006 6:34:00 PM

I'm actually using this right now! I really like this---very moisturizing and nice color. A little sticky, but other than that-love it! Nice and subtle!

on 11/18/2006 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great moisturizing balm that gives the shine and tint of a lip gloss. I feel like my lips are bigger when I wear it, but that may be the effects of the menthol. The tint is a natural rose color. I like using when I wear more dramatic eye make-up to provide a more balanced look. It can also be applied without any goofs if you don't have a mirror handy. The moisturizing element lasts longer than Kiehl's tinted balm. This is one of my favorites!

on 11/6/2006 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh my gosh, Mentha Lip Shine the best, love it. I love how the mint is tingly on the lips and the texture is great, not sticky and has slip. I love the sweet taste of the gloss -- a lot of glosses marketed as having a 'flavour' just have a strong smell, but this one actually DOES taste sweet. I love how it is so moisturizing and how soothed they make my dry, chapped lips feel. As for the tint, it is bright red in the tube but lightens up considerably on the lips to a medium pink/rose. HG!! Wish they were available in Canada!

Love love love this product. I get complements on the gloss all the time and it really soothes my dry lips. I've bought one for all my girlfriends!

on 8/31/2006 9:21:00 PM

This is a fantastic gloss/balm- I love that this seems to have the moisturizing/healing properties of a balm with a glossy finish. It is definitely a MLBB shade- and makes my lips look great- glossier and lusher than had I used only clear gloss. Straight out of the tube, the color is a sheer red- not pink, not rose, not mauve- RED but don't be put off! The mintiness is refreshing, not overwhelmingly tingling. I hope they never discontinue this shade - even though I have never tried the other tinted versions, I feel no need to because I *love* this one so much. It's $7.50 for one tube but for me, this is a steal because I rarely have to buy gloss or lipstick because this matches whatever my FOTD happens to be. I would absolutely buy again considering I keep one in my purse, one in my car, and one at home.

on 8/9/2006 7:32:00 AM

Love this gloss. Very pleasant peppermint taste, a little tingle, and a lovely bitten-lip color. Makes my mouth feel so fresh. But am the only person who can't think "CO Bigelow" without putting "male gigolo" behind it? Yeah, it's probably just me.

on 6/22/2006 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is the only 'red' in anything that I can wear and my 3rd favorite color of all the mentha colors (1137 & 1136 being my favs). Looks medium to bright red in the tube, but goes on so perfectly sheer and natural that anyone could wear this color. They're mintysweet and feel great on. Wished they lasted longer, but putting on more is such a pleasure I'll continue to buy these forever.

I've been wanting to buy this ever since my friend raved about it. Well, I finally had the time to go to B&BW, and picked a few up--on sale for $5! I got this one and the regular non-tinted gloss. I am a peppermint fanatic, so I love the scent and taste of the gloss. It is tingly--if you can't handle tingly stuff or hate peppermint, I wouldn't recommend it. The gloss itself is a fushia-reddish color, but it very sheer on my lips, with a little tint. I love this gloss, and will repurchase again and again!

Recommended for Medium Skin