April 23, 2014 | 1836 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this rubberized base coat more than any base coat. I was not impressed by OPI, Piggy Polish, Essie BASECOATS etc. As other reviers have noted, u need to leave a little dry time between layers. I read about the Bonder sandwich on line. If ur nails r weak, I would recommend Orly Nailtrition somewhere in the mix. I used 2 layers of Bonder, 2 layers of Essie polish, a layer of Bonder & then two layers of Out the Door topcoat.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by KeepFlyyingGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is likely the best base coat that I've used with regards to lengthening my manicure's wear time. I find that when I use a base coat that has an extremely smooth finish, it just won't hold my polishes at all. So, with the rubber, almost sticky, feel to this, it makes sense to me that it would hold the polish better. I normally get at least four to five days of perfect polish when I use this. That is pretty good in my book since I'm currently in gym class this semester at school, and everyone knows that gym class is a serious killer on a good manicure. I purchased the slimmer bottle, and I still haven't run out even with regular polish changing for about 6 months. Also, it is very easy to access this product should I run out in the future. I would gladly repurchase this basecoat.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I respectfully disagree - and base coat is such a personal thing, but I get much better results from CND stickey - provided that adequate drying agents are used prior to application.

Orly bonder has a thick "rubbery" feel that I did not enjoy applying - but I can see how someone with thin or peelies could like this.

Meanwhile, It's worth a one-time shot to see how you like it - but I am sticking to CND stickey or Amera Hydrating Base Coat (when I can find it).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by okienat33

I didn't like the "rubberized" feel of this product & for the $$ I've found much better

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by thistlegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I remember using Bonder several years ago, knew I wasn't a fan but couldn't remember why- and since my girlfriends and family RAVE about the stuff, I figured I give it another try.
I still don't like it.
I have shrinkage almost immediately and serious tip wear in less than 24 hours. I wrap my tips and STILL have shrinkage and tip wear incongruent with a manicure that's less than a day old. I've had more success with just good ol' Sally Hansen and a bottle of el cheapo nail polish than I've had with Bonder under anything.
Maybe it something in my body chemistry that doesn't like it, I don't know. t's a shame, I've got a full bottle just sitting here waiting to be used. But it won't be used by me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gets the job done! I will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Better than CND stickey. My manicures last so much longer with little or no chipping. With Stickey I'd get chipping the same day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my favorite base coat! My nails are thin and break easily. The older works perfectly to protect my nails and help make my manis last longer. It's easy to find at your local drugstore and only cost me around $8.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by iceicemaybe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Iv tried every base coat going yet still my nail polish chipped after a day!!! With orly bonder it is completely different. It dried quick so your polish can be applied within about as minute it protects the nails and the polish lasts days!! No chipping to my nails the tips wore down but nothing mega! Price is good and when you remove even the darkest of nail colours there is hardly any colour residue on the nails! Would defo recommended!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

Excellent base coat! Easy to appy, fast drying and delivers great results! I am in love with Orly nail base, top coat (in a snap)and cuticle (cutique) products..