September 1, 2014 | 1202 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the packaging of orly products that have the rubber handle. So genius.
I prefer this over the CND stickey basecoat (which I severely dislike), this dries quicker and my nail polish does not peel off. Stops my nails from being stained too.
Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Trillstayovoxo13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This sticky base coat doesn't dry quick but it's supposed to b sticky so it holds my polish when I put on orly brand primer and polish shield.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Ljadeke

I love it. Fills in my ridged and gives my nail color something to cling to. It dries mate so my boyfriend will put it on sometimes. (His nails are crazy thin.) I got this originally because the nail on my middle finger broke down the middle years ago and I was looking for something to stop it from painfully splitting down the center. It definitely helped with that and now I use it with every manicure.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by clandestineyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so dissapointed since this was so expensive. I am an aesthetician, so I'm not new to doing nails.. But I've used this twice, and each time my nails never dry, even after hours and hours of waiting.. My color stays gummy. It feels dry to the touch, but after doing something (even the next day) it will just roll off the nail like its rubber. Awful stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by candied

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This base coat is HG for me, a total game changer. I apply it in this manner: 1 coat of bonder, 1 coat of color, 1 coat of bonder, 1 coat of color, and then a quick dry top coat (these days it's Sally Hansen Hard As Nails). I guess you could call this the bonder variation of the sticky sandwich. With this combination, my nail polish lasts a FULL seven days, with tip wear showing around the 4th or 5th day. My nail polish generally lasted only 3-4 days before, with significant chipping on day 5. Love this stuff!

Aside from the awesome formula, I love Orly packaging - the rubberized grip on the handle makes it easy to work with and the brush is the right size and flexibility to make it easy to apply and maneuver with precision. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Jess1189

This BC is pretty cool. I like the rubberized finish--I find that the polish adheres more easily to the nail. And of course, like with all Orly's, I absolutely LOVE the gripper cap. However, some of my polishes don't play well with Bonder--some colors get shrinkage or tipwear pretty easily.

Take my review with a grain of salt because I've only used one other polish as a BC....that was Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Invisible (clear polish). Annnd it didn't do very well. So I have many more to try!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by eelsnyam

LIFE CHANGING. Before I started using this basecoat, my nail polish would chip in a matter of days. Now, after using Orly+2 coats of nail polish+top coat, my manicure lasts over a week with basically NO chipping. And it looks awesome! (a friend even thought I had gotten gel nails) Highly recommended if your nail polish addiction is as serious as mine...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by cammbo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found bonder to be very effective, especially when using the sandwich method. I've been able to wear polish for 6 days chip free, an absolute miracle for me!! But, it stains my nails quite badly... even when applied over another basecoat. I much prefer the china glaze strong adhesion, no staining and almost as good wear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this rubberized base coat more than any base coat. I was not impressed by OPI, Piggy Polish, Essie BASECOATS etc. As other reviers have noted, u need to leave a little dry time between layers. I read about the Bonder sandwich on line. If ur nails r weak, I would recommend Orly Nailtrition somewhere in the mix. I used 2 layers of Bonder, 2 layers of Essie polish, a layer of Bonder & then two layers of Out the Door topcoat.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by KeepFlyyingGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is likely the best base coat that I've used with regards to lengthening my manicure's wear time. I find that when I use a base coat that has an extremely smooth finish, it just won't hold my polishes at all. So, with the rubber, almost sticky, feel to this, it makes sense to me that it would hold the polish better. I normally get at least four to five days of perfect polish when I use this. That is pretty good in my book since I'm currently in gym class this semester at school, and everyone knows that gym class is a serious killer on a good manicure. I purchased the slimmer bottle, and I still haven't run out even with regular polish changing for about 6 months. Also, it is very easy to access this product should I run out in the future. I would gladly repurchase this basecoat.