November 1, 2014 | 1325 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Smog

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

One of my favorites by UD. The color is gorgeous for that every day look or even a sultry brown smokey eye. I discovered this in the naked 1 palette & recently got the loose pigment in a swap which I'm very happy about b/c I don't wanna run out of this e/s!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by GMJAG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. This eye shadow is realy pigmented and is a gorgeous color. Smog is definetley a great neutral everyone should have in their makeup bag! I have smog in the vegan urban decay palette. This palette is pricey but it is totally worth it! It comes with some really great colors and this one is my 2nd fave in the palette(my first being half baked)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Smog is a medium-dark brozney brown eyeshadow. The color doesn't look all that inspiring in the pan, but it really is stunning once applied. This shade is really great for a natural but noticeable look.
I wear this simply as a lid color quite often. This shadow does pack a decent amount of noticeable glitter that does result in small amounts of fallout, but this shadow isn't nearly as chunky with glitter as some Urban Decay shadows. Despite the glitter, this applies very smoothly and is very pigmented, even more pigmented than some of Urban Decay's Deluxe Shadows, in my opinion. I think the glitter is what makes this shadow really stand out.It gives such a nice glow to your eyes that a flat brown wouldn't provide.
This shade is also excellent as a crease color with other browns or golds. It's dark enough to provide nice depth to your look, but not so dark that it will overpower your lid color. Also, no matter where on your eye you wear this, it will last all day without fading or creasing.
Smog is a great universally flattering shade that I think any woman could use in her collection. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by sharmilaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Beautiful color. Smog is a medium brown/bronze/golden color. It has shimmer to it but definately not over the top like some other Urban decay eyeshadows and significantly much less than Stila Kitten. With a light wash can easily be worn all over the lid at daytime or at night. Looks lovely, it does have significant brown in it with the bronze/gold to make it more wearable & rich. One of my favorite Urban Decay eyeshadow.
Also I love these silver metal looking containers with carvings a small glass c-thru in the center. They look lovely on the dresser. I have a beautiful jewelry trinket box in which i keep them along with some decorative colored glass stones thrown around them it looks lovely. Love love these metal boxes it looks ornate (definately better than plastic containers).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very pigmented nice true bronze color. If you were going to take an actual bronze piece of jewelry, melt it down and convert it to an eyeshadow I believe you would get this color. Works great by itself or for smokey eyes in the crease! Sometimes it can be a little dark for my NC20 skin so I just have to use a light hand ...but love it and don't need to worry about that when I have a hint of a tan NC25 to 118 in MUFE...or darker at 123. Depending on the look I want and my skin, I go back and forth between this eyeshadow and Stila Golightly alot when going for bronze looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mnowlan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This color is just really useful, you can do so, so much with it. I like to put a peachy gold color on the lids, Smog in the crease, a bit of liner and mascara, and I'm good to go.
That being said, I got this eyeshadow in a palette and though I love it, I'd never buy the pan if I ran out. I found that Hot Topic has a dupe in their WarPaint Beauty line called Rich Bitch, it is literally the same exact color and finish and it's only $4 for 3.5 grams. Urban Decay is $17 for 1.5 grams. Do yourself a favor and try the dupe.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by PterodactylStyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This colour doesn't really do much for me, It sort of just sits on top of my skin, drowns out all colour to my eyes and doesn't do justice to any other prettier colours I use with it. There are much prettier browns/bronzes out there, Maybe it's not warm enough for my NC25 skin but it's not my favorite. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My absolute favourite Urban Decay eyeshadow!!! I can't find an exact dupe for this anywhere! I love the colour cuz it compliments my brown NC 43 skin tone really well and it works great for a night-time smokey eye! Even for the conservatives, you can just use this one colour all over your lid and it will look even and shimmery! All you brownies, try this one out! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by ameresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite smokey eye shadows. It's so buttery, and gorgeous. Can be subtle and sheer, or super glam.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by pniece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this shadow, agree with all the reviews. It looks great on my olive skin.