April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Smog

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mnowlan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This color is just really useful, you can do so, so much with it. I like to put a peachy gold color on the lids, Smog in the crease, a bit of liner and mascara, and I'm good to go.
That being said, I got this eyeshadow in a palette and though I love it, I'd never buy the pan if I ran out. I found that Hot Topic has a dupe in their WarPaint Beauty line called Rich Bitch, it is literally the same exact color and finish and it's only $4 for 3.5 grams. Urban Decay is $17 for 1.5 grams. Do yourself a favor and try the dupe.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by PterodactylStyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This colour doesn't really do much for me, It sort of just sits on top of my skin, drowns out all colour to my eyes and doesn't do justice to any other prettier colours I use with it. There are much prettier browns/bronzes out there, Maybe it's not warm enough for my NC25 skin but it's not my favorite. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My absolute favourite Urban Decay eyeshadow!!! I can't find an exact dupe for this anywhere! I love the colour cuz it compliments my brown NC 43 skin tone really well and it works great for a night-time smokey eye! Even for the conservatives, you can just use this one colour all over your lid and it will look even and shimmery! All you brownies, try this one out! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by ameresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite smokey eye shadows. It's so buttery, and gorgeous. Can be subtle and sheer, or super glam.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by pniece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this shadow, agree with all the reviews. It looks great on my olive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I didn't intend to purchase Smog, though I'd seen it dozens of times; it always looked so.. dark and "blah" in the pan. I swatched it on my hand though, and it took me completely by surprise! What a gorgeous, peachy-brown-y-coppery shade it was!
My slightly crepe-y lids do NOT look good in a ton of shimmer or glitter, and UD isn't exactly known for its subtlety. Oh, but this... is... glorious! Applied lightly, it can be worn as an all-over lid-wash. It makes an even more wonderful crease-color, sparking up even the most tame, matte neutrals.
The texture is amazing, and the lasting-power is equally excellent--even without a primer. This shade just does something special for my gray-blue eyes, and I will purchase it for as long as it's made.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

Really lovely dark bronze color. It's awesome as a crease and outer v color. It can be applied for a natural look and built up for a more smokey look. It's sooo smooth and pigmented. It actually showed up darker on my lid than I expected. A great color to have

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by afinem3ss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to join the mass and declare my love for this eye shadow! I LOVE it. Out of all the colors I've tried, I like Smog the best! It's just so darn pretty and wearable during the daytime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite brown eyeshadow EVER!! It's a goregous shimmery/metal brown. This is a perfect day-time smokey eye eyeshadow. People compare it to MAC Tempting. Personally, I hate Tempting's texture, and it comes out more flat and cool and blah. Smog has a perfect buttery texture, and comes out a rich bronzey brown on me. I almost sigh in relief when I put it on and think "this is what I've been looking for!" It just has an "oomph" to it that Tempting does not. If this is too orange for you, then I'd try Tempting.
I'm also a bit OCD with my makeup. So it makes me very happy that it comes in a round pan that will fit in my MAC palettes because most of my shadows are MAC or Milani. That's probably the biggest reason I'll never collect a ton of Estee Lauder or NARS eyeshadows, even though they are fabulous.
Anyway, wonderful eyeshadow. I'm obsessed with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by jod84

this was one of the stunning colors in my ud naked kit and i must give this a 10 out of 10 for colour pay off and it also blends really well however i don't think i would buy this as a single shadow as i found many dupes for it