April 24, 2014 | 1910 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #190 Foundation Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would highly suggest anyone to get a Sigma Kabuki foundation brush F80. 16$ online. This Mac Brush was streaky and hard to use quickly. I was gonna give up on brushes after trying this one....then i read reviews and was suggested this Sigma brush i bought. LOVE the SIGMA brush. HATE the MAC brush. Please listen to this review, i dont know why people like this at all. My foundation was so streaky and gross.

Kitty

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

I clean this before i use it everytime! I find it keeps it in tact.

This is a great brush, the first mac brush i got, first of many may i add,

It's great for on the go and great for blending, patting, applying foundation and concealer. I tend to apply with the 187 and pat over it with this to really push my makeup into my skin and get a natural bare coverage.

Expensive but i think its worth it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't wear liquid foundation but I find it works well as a concealer brush. I use it to apply concealer under my eyes and cheeks and its great. It hasn't shed after many years of use and washing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by TMK6959

Another HG brush from MAC.

I've found this to be the quickest an easiest way to apply creme foundation. A couple of strokes and DONE. Applying liquid with it is a pain, but I don't have the patience to apply liquid foundation with any type of brush so I suppose my opinion shouldn't count in that department.

Undoubtedly the best foundation brush I've ever owned. I'll repurchase if need be.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this. It gives me a flawless and natural looking skin. I use it with circular motions and works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by ilove6kies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first time I have ever tried using a foundation brush to apply my liquid foundation - I used to just use my fingers and sponges if anything, but I always thought that it is a waste of money and for some reason I always thought the brush would absorb too much product.

Until one day one of the girls I work with raved about this brush and she assured me that it actually reduces the amount of foundation you need. I had just purchased my new Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and as we all know, the coverage is SCARY good and I was in need of an application tool that can spread out the foundation thinly and evenly.

There were two foundation brushes but I picked #190 because I like the tapered edge to allow application for corners and hard to reach areas. I really love the texture - it is synthetic so it doesn't absorb the foundation, and it allows thorough cleaning. When I tried it the next morning, I was amazed at how good my skin looks - I have never been able to apply foundation this flawlessly. And the best thing is I am using less product - a major plus for me!

Now - on to the cleaning...the thing about using a foundation brush, is that you need to clean it IMMEDIATELY after every use. I have always been using 2-in-1 shampoos for my other makeup brushes but for this you need a proper foaming facial cleanser (I am using my Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleaner and it does a great job, but I still have to wash it 3 times to get all the foundation off). But since I am very result-oriented when it comes to makeup, I don't mind the tiny inconvenience at all :)

Was this purchase worth it? Most definitely - I think the price is fair considering most MAC brushes I own and use on a regular basis has lasted me for more than 10 years now. Would I buy it again? You betcha - and I will definitely recommend this to anyone who are interested in applying their makeup flawlessly!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by MakennaRuddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very good foundation brush, I was able to blend my makeup out evenly and get good coverage. However, I'm used to applying my makeup with my hands, and I just found that applying my makeup with a brush was taking forever, so the last part of applying my makeup I just used my hands again. I just found that I was able to get more foundation on my face from my hands than makeup from my brush to my face. However, this is a very good brush though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by meowloryp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush. I use it around my eyes and to really coverup more troubling spots with liquid foundation. I prefer my MAC 187 Duo Fibre brush to apply my liquid foundation on my entire face and use the 190 to pretty much fine-tune. It's incredibly soft, too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's not the worst foundation brush that money can buy, but by no means is it the best. There are plenty of others that blow this out of the water in terms of quality, feel, application, and final results. An example of this is Bobbi Brown's foundation brush. If my Bobbi Brown brush is dirty and I can't use it at that particular time, it feels like I'm downgrading when I reach for the MAC 190. It's just a completely different application.

Again, that's not to say the 190 is a terrible brush. Because it's not. I guess I would say that if you're someone who is new to foundation brushes, the MAC 190 is a great choice for beginners. I just think it makes a good starting point/reference for other foundation brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

This is a wonderful fdn brush for anybody! It resembles Louise Young's fdn brush, in texture, size and form. It is soft and blends very well, if using a right hand. VERY long-lasting, I have washed mine every two days for 5 years and it still looks like new. Thus, I don't see why I should repurchase. Should I ever lose it or break it, I shall buy another one.