MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.2

on 6/29/2012 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really like this foundation brush. It feels silky smooth. The rounded edge is good for getting in corners around your nose and blending near the hairline. Most of all it washes well, not one bristle has come out of my brush. It has retained the shape perfectly. The only thing I can say for all MAC brushes is that the numbers & lettering rub away. I think that for the price you pay for the brushes this should not happen at all, especially since after using cheapie brands that had lettering- this did not happen. Other than that I like this one and others I own.

This was the first M.A.C brush i ever purchased. I was eyeing all their make up brushes for a very long time but I could never make myself pay for any of them. Then I finally went for it and invested in this one. After that I was sold on them and continued to invest in more although i like some of their brushes more then others. This is one of the more basic brushes that M.A.C has to offer. The secret that I see with using this brush correctly is the the type of foundation that you use. The other thing you have to realize with using this brush to apply light coverage foundation is that it will streak no matter what, but using heavier foundation will be a lot easier to get good results and it is always it is better to use a brush to apply then your fingers or a sponge. It also depends on the brush stokes you us when applying your foundation as well, using long stokes will tend to just cause steaming while small stokes will give you much better foundation application. Now I use a different M.A.C brush to stipple my foundation on. Unstead of using the 190 to finish a full foundation application I actually use the the 190 brush to apply foundation to my face first (so i don't gum up the 109 with product) then use the 109 brush to stipple the foundation so I get more of a airbrush finish. I still like my 190 brush, it is much simpler then some people to get a full coverage and precise foundation application then some people think. It doesn't always streak. It would be a great brush for someone to use that isn''t interested in learning how to stipple, i would just advise using a heavier foundation if you have a lot of skin imperfections, or shorter quick stokes so you don't get streaky foundation.

on 4/16/2012 12:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love my Mac foundation brush. I have had it for well over 5 years, and yes it does look battered lol, but the brush itself is perfect still. I think i paid around 30 for it, cant be sure, but its a worthwhile investment. Makeup, imo, looks awful when applied with fingers so this is a must!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

In response to KitKat, the brush comes in a very thin cellophane sleeve open at the top and with a bar code. It is a very good brush, I had the same one for at least 5 years, cleanse it once a week with the MAC brush cleanser and also with shampoo. I also got the 190SE which came with other brushes before Christmas from Nordstrom, but the bristles are definitely different. The shorter special edition brushes are made in China, whereas most of the normal length ones are made in Japan, US or Canada (the country is printed next to the bar code). Do not buy from Ebay, although they look very similar, they are not authentic, therefore they are of an inferior quality.
The brush applies the foundation more thinly than with the fingers, so you use less product. You have to be careful to pat after applying, otherwise you would get streaks.

on 3/26/2012 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

In response to Kitkat001's question, it is sold in an open plastic sleeve. Just bought my first one at the MAC counter in Macy's.

After consulting with a fellow MAC friend and fan, I decided to buy this brush. So far I like it and use it with the Studio Fix powder foundation. I like a medium coverage and this brush helps me achieve the look I want, better than any sponge I have tried. I haven't used liquid in many years so I cannot say how well it works with that. The price is a little high but you do get a high quality product. I also do not like how long the handle is. It will not fit in my brush bag :(

on 2/12/2012 1:29:00 AM

Does anyone know if the MAC foundation brush 190 is sold in a SEALED plastic sleeve or is it open?

on 1/20/2012 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this brush! It retails for SGD$59 locally. I used to apply liquid foundation with my fingers since I was a teenager and while the results were not perfect, I was able to achieve a relatively smooth finish. The details on the website reads, 'Pro-quality. A foundation brush designed to create a smooth, even finish, flawless look. Works well with any MAC foundation, including Studio Fix and Studio Tech. Use to apply, distribute, and blend foundation into all areas in the face.' MAC 190 is a perfect-sized brush to brush on and blend the liquid foundation on the face. I noticed quite a big difference between the different methods of application. while I agree with other reviewers that it may leave streaks on the face, it just takes like 30 more seconds to blend it out and you are set for the day! Another complaint that I came across was that people think that MAC 190 waste product due to its synthetic bristles but I didn't feel so. After many uses without washing it in between because I ran out of Brush Cleanser, there wasn't much leftover liquid foundation being washed out and even streaking the brush on my hand, there was no product on my hand at all! In the long run, it saves you money because you are wasting less foundation as compared to sponge application. I really like this foundation brush and it does a good job for me, but I have not tried other foundation brushes yet! I will recommend this to anybody who wants a good foundation brush and I will repurchase this!

on 1/8/2012 2:20:00 PM

I would highly suggest anyone to get a Sigma Kabuki foundation brush F80. 16$ online. This Mac Brush was streaky and hard to use quickly. I was gonna give up on brushes after trying this one....then i read reviews and was suggested this Sigma brush i bought. LOVE the SIGMA brush. HATE the MAC brush. Please listen to this review, i dont know why people like this at all. My foundation was so streaky and gross.

Kitty

on 1/8/2012 1:47:00 PM

I clean this before i use it everytime! I find it keeps it in tact.

This is a great brush, the first mac brush i got, first of many may i add,

It's great for on the go and great for blending, patting, applying foundation and concealer. I tend to apply with the 187 and pat over it with this to really push my makeup into my skin and get a natural bare coverage.

Expensive but i think its worth it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't wear liquid foundation but I find it works well as a concealer brush. I use it to apply concealer under my eyes and cheeks and its great. It hasn't shed after many years of use and washing.

Top Rated MAC Products