MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.3

on 3/26/2012 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

In response to Kitkat001's question, it is sold in an open plastic sleeve. Just bought my first one at the MAC counter in Macy's.

After consulting with a fellow MAC friend and fan, I decided to buy this brush. So far I like it and use it with the Studio Fix powder foundation. I like a medium coverage and this brush helps me achieve the look I want, better than any sponge I have tried. I haven't used liquid in many years so I cannot say how well it works with that. The price is a little high but you do get a high quality product. I also do not like how long the handle is. It will not fit in my brush bag :(

on 2/12/2012 1:29:00 AM

Does anyone know if the MAC foundation brush 190 is sold in a SEALED plastic sleeve or is it open?

on 1/20/2012 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this brush! It retails for SGD$59 locally. I used to apply liquid foundation with my fingers since I was a teenager and while the results were not perfect, I was able to achieve a relatively smooth finish. The details on the website reads, 'Pro-quality. A foundation brush designed to create a smooth, even finish, flawless look. Works well with any MAC foundation, including Studio Fix and Studio Tech. Use to apply, distribute, and blend foundation into all areas in the face.' MAC 190 is a perfect-sized brush to brush on and blend the liquid foundation on the face. I noticed quite a big difference between the different methods of application. while I agree with other reviewers that it may leave streaks on the face, it just takes like 30 more seconds to blend it out and you are set for the day! Another complaint that I came across was that people think that MAC 190 waste product due to its synthetic bristles but I didn't feel so. After many uses without washing it in between because I ran out of Brush Cleanser, there wasn't much leftover liquid foundation being washed out and even streaking the brush on my hand, there was no product on my hand at all! In the long run, it saves you money because you are wasting less foundation as compared to sponge application. I really like this foundation brush and it does a good job for me, but I have not tried other foundation brushes yet! I will recommend this to anybody who wants a good foundation brush and I will repurchase this!

on 1/8/2012 2:20:00 PM

I would highly suggest anyone to get a Sigma Kabuki foundation brush F80. 16$ online. This Mac Brush was streaky and hard to use quickly. I was gonna give up on brushes after trying this one....then i read reviews and was suggested this Sigma brush i bought. LOVE the SIGMA brush. HATE the MAC brush. Please listen to this review, i dont know why people like this at all. My foundation was so streaky and gross.

Kitty

on 1/8/2012 1:47:00 PM

I clean this before i use it everytime! I find it keeps it in tact.

This is a great brush, the first mac brush i got, first of many may i add,

It's great for on the go and great for blending, patting, applying foundation and concealer. I tend to apply with the 187 and pat over it with this to really push my makeup into my skin and get a natural bare coverage.

Expensive but i think its worth it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't wear liquid foundation but I find it works well as a concealer brush. I use it to apply concealer under my eyes and cheeks and its great. It hasn't shed after many years of use and washing.

on 12/28/2011 2:05:00 AM

Another HG brush from MAC.

I've found this to be the quickest an easiest way to apply creme foundation. A couple of strokes and DONE. Applying liquid with it is a pain, but I don't have the patience to apply liquid foundation with any type of brush so I suppose my opinion shouldn't count in that department.

Undoubtedly the best foundation brush I've ever owned. I'll repurchase if need be.

on 12/26/2011 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this. It gives me a flawless and natural looking skin. I use it with circular motions and works great.

on 11/22/2011 8:52:00 AM

This is the first time I have ever tried using a foundation brush to apply my liquid foundation - I used to just use my fingers and sponges if anything, but I always thought that it is a waste of money and for some reason I always thought the brush would absorb too much product.

Until one day one of the girls I work with raved about this brush and she assured me that it actually reduces the amount of foundation you need. I had just purchased my new Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and as we all know, the coverage is SCARY good and I was in need of an application tool that can spread out the foundation thinly and evenly.

There were two foundation brushes but I picked #190 because I like the tapered edge to allow application for corners and hard to reach areas. I really love the texture - it is synthetic so it doesn't absorb the foundation, and it allows thorough cleaning. When I tried it the next morning, I was amazed at how good my skin looks - I have never been able to apply foundation this flawlessly. And the best thing is I am using less product - a major plus for me!

Now - on to the cleaning...the thing about using a foundation brush, is that you need to clean it IMMEDIATELY after every use. I have always been using 2-in-1 shampoos for my other makeup brushes but for this you need a proper foaming facial cleanser (I am using my Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleaner and it does a great job, but I still have to wash it 3 times to get all the foundation off). But since I am very result-oriented when it comes to makeup, I don't mind the tiny inconvenience at all :)

Was this purchase worth it? Most definitely - I think the price is fair considering most MAC brushes I own and use on a regular basis has lasted me for more than 10 years now. Would I buy it again? You betcha - and I will definitely recommend this to anyone who are interested in applying their makeup flawlessly!!!

on 10/1/2011 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very good foundation brush, I was able to blend my makeup out evenly and get good coverage. However, I'm used to applying my makeup with my hands, and I just found that applying my makeup with a brush was taking forever, so the last part of applying my makeup I just used my hands again. I just found that I was able to get more foundation on my face from my hands than makeup from my brush to my face. However, this is a very good brush though.