September 22, 2014 | 955 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #190 Foundation Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Kitkat001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does anyone know if the MAC foundation brush 190 is sold in a SEALED plastic sleeve or is it open?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

I like this brush! It retails for SGD$59 locally. I used to apply liquid foundation with my fingers since I was a teenager and while the results were not perfect, I was able to achieve a relatively smooth finish. The details on the website reads, 'Pro-quality. A foundation brush designed to create a smooth, even finish, flawless look. Works well with any MAC foundation, including Studio Fix and Studio Tech. Use to apply, distribute, and blend foundation into all areas in the face.' MAC 190 is a perfect-sized brush to brush on and blend the liquid foundation on the face. I noticed quite a big difference between the different methods of application. while I agree with other reviewers that it may leave streaks on the face, it just takes like 30 more seconds to blend it out and you are set for the day! Another complaint that I came across was that people think that MAC 190 waste product due to its synthetic bristles but I didn't feel so. After many uses without washing it in between because I ran out of Brush Cleanser, there wasn't much leftover liquid foundation being washed out and even streaking the brush on my hand, there was no product on my hand at all! In the long run, it saves you money because you are wasting less foundation as compared to sponge application. I really like this foundation brush and it does a good job for me, but I have not tried other foundation brushes yet! I will recommend this to anybody who wants a good foundation brush and I will repurchase this!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would highly suggest anyone to get a Sigma Kabuki foundation brush F80. 16$ online. This Mac Brush was streaky and hard to use quickly. I was gonna give up on brushes after trying this one....then i read reviews and was suggested this Sigma brush i bought. LOVE the SIGMA brush. HATE the MAC brush. Please listen to this review, i dont know why people like this at all. My foundation was so streaky and gross.

Kitty

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

I clean this before i use it everytime! I find it keeps it in tact.

This is a great brush, the first mac brush i got, first of many may i add,

It's great for on the go and great for blending, patting, applying foundation and concealer. I tend to apply with the 187 and pat over it with this to really push my makeup into my skin and get a natural bare coverage.

Expensive but i think its worth it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't wear liquid foundation but I find it works well as a concealer brush. I use it to apply concealer under my eyes and cheeks and its great. It hasn't shed after many years of use and washing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by TMK6959

Another HG brush from MAC.

I've found this to be the quickest an easiest way to apply creme foundation. A couple of strokes and DONE. Applying liquid with it is a pain, but I don't have the patience to apply liquid foundation with any type of brush so I suppose my opinion shouldn't count in that department.

Undoubtedly the best foundation brush I've ever owned. I'll repurchase if need be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this. It gives me a flawless and natural looking skin. I use it with circular motions and works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by ilove6kies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first time I have ever tried using a foundation brush to apply my liquid foundation - I used to just use my fingers and sponges if anything, but I always thought that it is a waste of money and for some reason I always thought the brush would absorb too much product.

Until one day one of the girls I work with raved about this brush and she assured me that it actually reduces the amount of foundation you need. I had just purchased my new Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and as we all know, the coverage is SCARY good and I was in need of an application tool that can spread out the foundation thinly and evenly.

There were two foundation brushes but I picked #190 because I like the tapered edge to allow application for corners and hard to reach areas. I really love the texture - it is synthetic so it doesn't absorb the foundation, and it allows thorough cleaning. When I tried it the next morning, I was amazed at how good my skin looks - I have never been able to apply foundation this flawlessly. And the best thing is I am using less product - a major plus for me!

Now - on to the cleaning...the thing about using a foundation brush, is that you need to clean it IMMEDIATELY after every use. I have always been using 2-in-1 shampoos for my other makeup brushes but for this you need a proper foaming facial cleanser (I am using my Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleaner and it does a great job, but I still have to wash it 3 times to get all the foundation off). But since I am very result-oriented when it comes to makeup, I don't mind the tiny inconvenience at all :)

Was this purchase worth it? Most definitely - I think the price is fair considering most MAC brushes I own and use on a regular basis has lasted me for more than 10 years now. Would I buy it again? You betcha - and I will definitely recommend this to anyone who are interested in applying their makeup flawlessly!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by MakennaRuddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very good foundation brush, I was able to blend my makeup out evenly and get good coverage. However, I'm used to applying my makeup with my hands, and I just found that applying my makeup with a brush was taking forever, so the last part of applying my makeup I just used my hands again. I just found that I was able to get more foundation on my face from my hands than makeup from my brush to my face. However, this is a very good brush though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by meowloryp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush. I use it around my eyes and to really coverup more troubling spots with liquid foundation. I prefer my MAC 187 Duo Fibre brush to apply my liquid foundation on my entire face and use the 190 to pretty much fine-tune. It's incredibly soft, too!