September 3, 2014 | 1568 users online

Powder - Alima - Satin Matte Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by emdashem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wear Alima in Neutral 3 every day. I actually wear it on top of liquid foundation (MUFE 115) because I like more coverage, but it is an absolutely perfect color match for my skin. I am so impressed with Alima's collection of tones/shades--very extensive. If you have trouble finding a close color match for your skin, I'd definitely give Alima a whirl. And their online reps will help you choose a selection of samples so you can narrow it down to the best match easily. The woman who helped me was spot-on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by digigirltx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm very pleased with the Alima Pure mineral cosmetics. When I went "clean" last year, I ordered samples from many different mineral makeup companies. Many were grainy, or way too expensive, or didn't have the right colors, or caked / sat on top of the skin.

Alima makeup goes on smoothly, doesn't make my troubled skin break out and layers beautifully. They have a wide range of colors, so you can almost certainly find a perfect match for your skin. And it goes a long way - one container of foundation will last me for 4-6 months or more.

Definitely a keeper for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by queenrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is by far my favorite makeup product that I own! My one and finally only HG foundation! Evens out my skin tone, lasts all day, doesn't clog my pores, dry my skin out, or break me out. The color I use is Cool 3. I also use the setting powder in Keiko. I can also can use Neutral 2 but I liked the way that Cool 3 looked.
And the fact that this has build able coverage is awesome! Also when I'm having good skin days, I love to mix a bit with my moisturizer and then set it with the setting powder for a lovely natural skin finish.
I love love love it! I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to try a mineral foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Ava_B

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Alima Pure. This is hands down the best foundation I have ever used. I have tried so many products looking for a shade that matched and stayed that way. A lot of times, if I would find something that matched, an hour later, I would look in the mirror and the color went horribly wrong. I have not found this to be the case with almost 2 years of using Alima Pure. If you ever have a problem, their support line is quick to fix it. And it's an American company, with American workers and is 100% cruelty-free. I highly recommend all of their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by shaaralee

My first try of powdered mineral foundations lead me to believe it was all just a big marketing stunt. Alima proved me wrong. I am in love with this foundation. I use the Alima primer, foundation and finishing powder daily and am happy to report no breakouts after over a year of use and no oil build up. You can build up your coverage, admittedly I always thought that phrase was a joke, but again I am happy to say I was wrong! If you are into mineral foundations definitely give Alima a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I begrudgingly gave this foundation 2 starts instead of one because the ingredients really are stellar. But the problem is it turns patchy after two hours, and then turns into a COMPLETE OIL SLICK in about 4 hours. For that reason I can't wear it. I have combo skin that is occasionally oily and occasionally dry depending on the weather and my diet. This foundation goes oily whether my skin is dry or not, though less oily than say in the summer with high humidity. I so wanted to love this product, but for me it's unusable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

LOVE this mineral foundation! Has little to none ingredients and hasn't broke my skin out which is rare since my skin is very reactive to things! When I first got this I was hesitant to purchase a full size because it's hard to color match online. Thankfully alimas website has a foundation finder where they give you a couple different samples after you answer a few questions about your skin. I am either a neutral 3.5 or beige 3. I haven't decided which one I'll be going for because they both match very well. The coverage is buildable and doesn't make me oily and leave certain patches where the make up has completely disappeared. I also like that it doesn't emphasize break outs like some of the ore mineral foundations I've tried have because they have a crapload of glitter in them or too much mica. My skin looks very natural wearing this. The only con is having to apply SPF separately. If you're looking for a good mineral foundation I would try this and try their sample kit first to determine your color. The sample also came with two eyeshadows a little zip up case that held it all and a mini kabuki brush to apply but I used my sephora mineral brush and it works wonders together. This might be hg worthy.
***Update*** 11/19/12 I have to add that alimas customer service is great. I placed an order late last week and my package is already here. I received two small plastic jars of beige 3 (which I bought samples of perfect for travel) and I got 2 small eyeshadows complimentary also along with the two small samples I bought of apple blossom blush and mimosa. Very impressed with them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by CookieMonster222

It's a shame I don't live in the US where postage would be cheaper because I absolutely love this brand.
I really like how they have a guide to help you find your perfect shade, plus the option of buying as many sample sizes as you want so you don't waste all your money on the full sizes to find out the shade is too light/dark. They also have the biggest range of foundation shades I have ever seen! Which is great because there really is a shade to match everyone. I also like how when searching for a concealer or finishing powder, the description tells you exactly which shade to get depending on your foundation shade. For example, I'm beige 2 in the satin matte foundation, so I was recommended based on this choice to buy the mineral concealer in Sand, and finishing powder in shade Keiko.
I also like how they send you a couple of free samples or their other products as part of your order. One of the free sample I received was a pot of their Pearluster eyeshadow in the colour Champagne, and I loved it so I am now buying a full sized jar of it :)
Anyway back to the foundation... I really like the way mineral foundations feel and look on the skin. Especially in not looking too powdery or cakey, instead giving your make-up a nice and natural looking, even finish. Alima's mineral foundations do exactly that, Not to mention the fact that they're MATTE minerals meaning they're great for those with slightly oily skin. I'm definitely glad I was introduced to this brand because now I have a foundation that matches my skin tone perfectly and has the benefit of being a rather good mineral powder.
I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by AKmedic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am thrilled to find a mineral foundation that matches my skin tone perfectly. For years I kept buying different shades of Bare Minerals, and kept being disappointed with the terrible color mismatch and maskiness of the BE makeup. I looked like a floured biscuit when I wore BE, and it didn't look natural or flattering. I have very fair olive skin, and BE doesn't make anything for me, and all their colors either looked too pink or too yellow on my skin. I stuck with BE since I can't wear liquid foundation, which makes me break out in a bumpy rash.

I looked at the color chart and Alima has a huge range of colors. They have a very helpful tutorial on skin undertones and since I am part Sicilian, I figured a light Olive shade would be my best match. I paid $20 for the Alima foundation sampler kit (note: this was in 2012) and it was the best money I've spent. You get a cute mini kabuki brush and a makeup pouch, plus 4 foundation samples and a sample of coordinating blush and finishing powder. PLUS you get $10 off the purchase of the Basic Face Kit. My foundation samples included Olive 0, Olive 1, Olive 1.5, and Beige 3. The accompanying instructions tell you that if a foundation looks too chalky, you may need a darker shade; if a foundation looks too orange, you may need either a more neutral shade or a lighter shade. If your pores or fine lines look obvious, you may have applied too much at once. For me, Olive 1 was perfect for winter. In summer, I wear Olive 1.5.

The trick is to moisturize your face and let it absorb totally (hopefully with sunscreen unless you want to look like an old boot in 20 years). At this point I apply my Paula's Choice Shine Stopper to my T-zone and let it dry for a few seconds. Then I apply the Alima foundation in an extremely sheer layer, gradually adding more sheer layers until satisfied with the coverage. This may sound daunting, but it only takes about 90 seconds to apply this foundation in the morning. Then I go over it with a makeup sponge to lightly blend and touch up any areas that need it, and you can hardly tell I am wearing foundation, it just looks like I have a perfect complexion.

My shade is Olive 1 in winter, Olive 1.5 in summer. Thanks for catering to the olive-toned people, Alima.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

I've been procrastinating writing a review for Alima because I honestly fear my endorsement simply won't do it justice. Instead, I'll tell you a short, Alima related story...

The other day I was walking through the beauty section of Neiman Marcus (out of boredom really, not b/c I was intending to purchase anything). A sales associate from the Sisley brand offered to give me a free facial at the counter, so I went ahead and sat down at the counter.

As the SA was applying a cleanser, she suddenly gasped, took a step back, and in sheer awe said...."You were wearing makeup?!" I was slightly embarrassed because clearly she was referring to the sprinkle of acne on my forehead revealed by the removal of my foundation. I told her that yes I was wearing makeup. She replied, "Your skin looked absolutely flawless, but I had no idea you were wearing foundation! That's the best color match I've ever seen. I've never seen foundation look that undetectable before". This is all coming from a sales associate at the beauty counter at NEIMAN MARCUS!!

That's Alima in a nutshell: lightweight, traceless, natural, perfect coverage, long-lasting, the absolutely perfect color match, build-able coverage...I could go on and on! Plus their customer service is unparalleled. Never in a million years would I ever expect to wear powder foundation, but it's my HG product and I cannot recommend it enough.

27 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No