October 21, 2014 | 1742 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Smashbox - Backdrop Cooling Tint

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2006 3:01:00 AM More reviews by nonnobebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin but I love this product. I don't find it to be burning on my skin and I actually enjoy that "tingling" feeling. The coverage is pretty good on a good skin day (no eczema days), but if you're looking for some decent coverage, it may not be heavy enough. Then again, it's a tinted moisturizer and not a foundation. I like the "light" feeling compared to foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2006 10:09:00 PM More reviews by whitn3yly

OMG this is the BEST tinted moisturizer ever. it looks very,very sheer but somehow gives great coverage!after like 1-3 minutes u feel this great tingling sensation on ur face that feels very refreshing and it lasts about 10-15 minutes too.I usually put on this tinted moisturzier than set it with mac studio fix.this tinted moisurizer also has spf 15 and is WAY BETTER than MAC select tint (which is hard to spread on my face and is way too SHEER, meaning it gives no coverage whatso ever! it also looks a little muddy)I especially look butting this around my eyes because u get the best refreshing feeling around ur eyes that I absolutely love. i use smashbox cooling tint in 5.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2006 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Mollybeanhead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I absolutely hate this product. Hate it.
I have really sensitive skin, so maybe I should have stayed away with something that's supposed to 'tingle' anyway. More like burn! Not only did it make my skink burn, but the fumes wafted into my eyes and made those burn, too (and I put the product nowhere near my eyes). I also despise the texture. My face felt wet and greasy. Ew.
I'm surprised so many people like this stuff. I guess it just didn't agree with me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2006 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, really like this product becuase its really really sheer, and the coolnig sensation lasts for a long time on my face... I got it for very cheap compared to the actual price..i got it on 30 percent off since many robinsons may are closing.. and its in Smashing 4...its really good if you want to look really natural.I would mos. def. buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2006 3:26:00 PM More reviews by imkt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great prodct for those of us who have pretty normal skin and enjoy a sheer coverage makeup. I was worried about the 'cooling' effect, but was pleasantly surprised that it did not 'burn' my face. Maybe there is a difference between the products sold in Canada and the States, but there were only 3 shades to choose from at the Sephora in Toronto and there was no listing of any SPF ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2006 1:09:00 AM More reviews by weadoreno

I discovered this "foundation" during a trend show makeover. The cooling effect was AMAZING, it really counteracted that "made up" feeling you can have, especially after blow drying your hair.

Coverage was not so good, I found myself covering my face in concealer before using the tinted moisturizer, so I went back to a more covering foundation. Consistency is kind of funky and fun, it smells a little like paint when you literally "glop" it out of the container.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2006 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Mailman

I wasn't sure what to expect with this one, but I liked the price, as it's less than $30. I bought shade 2, and it melts onto my face, while evening it out and giving me a nice put-together and natural look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 2:19:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a large sample of this and used it for 2 days. It made my skin tingle and almost burn, which I did not like AT ALL. I felt like I had smeared menthol on my face. It even made my eyes burn somewhat even though I didn't use it within an inch of my eyes. Texture is very nice, and the color was a good match for my skin, but I could not stand the burning sensation.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2006 12:41:00 AM More reviews by bakessss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was excited when I heard about this product. I've been searching forever for a great sheer foundation/moisturizer. I don't know.. maybe I have sensitive skin and just don't know it, but this product started to give my normally-clear skin breakouts after about a week of usage. I also thought the squeeze tube looked pretty cheap for a product that cost this much. Smashbox usually has really chic packaging -- overall, I thought this was a pretty big disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2005 3:07:00 PM More reviews by lexy37

first off, the cooling sensation IS there- may be too strong for sensitive skin types.. it became a bit too much for my sensitive/combination skin. tried this in 01 [the lightest sheer glow] and 02 [lightest tint color]. the 01 was nothing how they describe it on their website. i am rarely [if ever] disappointed in any of the smashbox products, but this one didn't do anything for me. the 'glow' they suggest the tint would impart is more of a glitterly splash of gleam/oil on the skin. not flattering whatsoever. returned after using a drop. the 02 tint is fine though- sheer tint with none of the disco effect. the reason why i would not repurchase is that the cooling senstion was too harsh for my skin. if your skin is normal and isn't sensitive, you would probably have no problem. will not be repurchasing.