December 19, 2014 | 851 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Jordanelizabethsmith

I have this because I'm on accutane which makes my skin very dry and my dermatologist recommended it to me. It's an okay product, although it is not my favorite. This can make your skin even more oily if you have oily skin and won't help severely dry skin that much. The price is also little bit high in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by lalalapom

Good: Does not burn my sensitive skin & is not greasy/thick.
Bad: does not truly absorbs into skin, if I sweat a lil on the face, I can feel the moisturizer coming off as well. Not going to repurchase after I finish the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Silky and quite light consistency for how moisturizing it is. Absorbs quickly, doesn't feel greasy OR tacky. Yay. Can be used on the body as well. The price is right. Fragrance free. NEVER bothers my very sensitive skin. Contains hyaluronic acid and ceramides. No niacinamide (sp?) that is in the "AM" and "PM" versions. (I'm sensitive to that; causes me irritation.)

CONS: Clogs my pores.

ALTERNATES: They have a cream version of this, which is, of course, heavier in texture. THey also have an "AM" and "PM" version of the lotion, but they have niacinamide which I have a sensitivity to (get red marks.) My new fave for very moisturizing while not clogging me AT ALL is Aveeno - Positively Nourishing Comforting Whipped Souffle, which is actually made for the body, but I love it for my face.

APPLICATION TIPS: I actually like this as an eye cream for night time.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

the price is a little high considering this is a body lotion. it's a good drugstore find with good ingredients (Ceramides, Hyaluronic Acid) and unscented as well, which is always a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by rachaelhutson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! It's very light but very moisturizing. I use this every morning and if my skin seems to have a few dry patches I use it at night as a spot treatment. It doesn't clog my pores what so ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by vldubs

Love this lotion and have been using it for several years. I use it for my face and body. It is fragrance free so I like that it does not compete or interfere with any perfume I use. The formula is not too heavy or too light and it does not leave that odd greasy feeling some lotions tend to do. For these reasons I can use it under makeup too and I have not had any issue with my skin. The price is low so it's a great deal too. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by szimmes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So, I have to endure a very dry Colorado winter. My skin doesn't breakout so much anymore but it is sensitive. This lotion was a desperate attempt to find something to help my dry skin. However, it started to break me out within two days of using AND make me more red. I looked up the ingredients which, I should've of done before I put it on my skin. It contains Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol. Both those ingredients together have a comedogenic rating of 4/5! So, I am shocked some people don't break out from this. I'm sure a lot of people break out a month of using this rather than right away like my sensitive skin.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lotion is probably more for your body than your face cause it contains a lot of pore clogging ingredients high up on the ingredient list...if you wanna use it on your face you might want to use it cautiously/test it first if you have acne prone skin (though if you use Cerave's facial pm lotion with no problems you prolly won't have problems with this one either). Ive learned the hard way that I can only use Cerave's am lotion on my face.

Anyways, I gave it a 2 because it's not the worst lotion I've ever used but it definitely doesn't seem to help much with the look and feel of my dehydrated skin (unless its my face, cause in that case it causes instant and MAJOR pore cloggage!)--plus, its one of those lotions that makes my clothes feel all greasy and almost seem smelly even after only wearing them for an hour (am I the only one this happens to?!). When my legs look dry and flaky all this stuff does is make them look dry and shiny and often still flaky at the same time. The fact that I actually payed $15 to get shiny crocodile skin just makes me sad.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by mikee888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i do not understand this lotion. i have very sensitive skin and have a very hard time finding products that dont irritate my skin. after being fed up with spending so much money on products that havent worked for me, i turned to my doctor. she reccommended i use this lotion from head to toe and that it would soothe my irritated skin whilst moisturizing it effectively. After one month of using this, i can honestly say it does none of those things. it irritates my face and arms to high heavens and leaves angry red patches that are painful and itchy. another bonus about this lotion is that it breaks me out SO BADLY! i quit using this for like a week and my face and arms cleared up from the rash and breakouts, and then, for some reason i do not understand, i tried it again for 1 day. 1 day!! and my face broke out like crazy in pimples and rashes again! i know for sure that it is this product, and while this may work well for others, this was an epic fail for me.
Pros:
-lightweight
-fragrance free
Cons:
-highly irritating (for me at least)
-highy poreclogging
-makes you oily throughout the day

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by mielr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

GREAT product! I just love that it can be used anywhere: face, hands, body, etc.
When you think about it, WHY would you use a moisturizer on your body, that you wouldn't use on your face?!
I originally bought this because my hands get super-dry in the winter, and I wanted a fragrance-free lotion for them. It works very effectively on my winter-chapped hands and I've since started using it on my face and body as well, and I've found it to be very moisturizing (in a non-greasy way) and non-irritating. It has a somewhat thin texture, which makes it easy to spread, but still has a very silky texture on the skin. The ceramides and H.A. are great ingredients to have. The price is very reasonable for the size of the bottle, too. Will definitely buy again!