CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

I've been using this for a couple of years now, and I will continue to use it. I used to have terrible acne, and was put on acutane. My skin was so dry and cracked (which is a side affect of the medicine) and my dermatologist recommended that I use CeraVe, and I've been hooked ever since. I'm so picky about what I put on my face but this glides on so smoothly and dries quickly, without feeling like a waste. I absolutely adore this lotion

on 6/27/2014 10:55:00 PM

This is a nice light-weight lotion. Sometimes I like to use this mixed with a liquid concealer or foundation to make my own custom tinted lotion. I like to use this lotion on my face and body in the morning. I don't feel like it's moisturizing enough for nighttime for my tastes.

Texture: It kind of has a Water-y feel to it. Not runny but not thick at all. I use a pea size (sometimes less) for my whole face.

Scent: No distinguishable scent I could compare to anything else. The scent goes away after it dries.

Finish: Not greasy or shiny looking. Not matte either. Just a healthy dewy look.

Effects: It leaves my face looking healthier and not oily feeling/looking. I feel like it balances my skin out and doesn't break me out. It also helps for a smoother foundation application and makes the makeup not look cakey.

* These Effects is using this along with the Foaming CeraVe cleanser. During the winter I use the Hydrating Cleanser with this lotion in the morning and I still get the same effects.

But if I use the lotion and hydrating cleanser in the Summer it will make my skin greasy feeling.

on 6/20/2014 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

A very good moisturizer that is very lightweight. I use this in the daytime because it absorbs quickly and gives me enough moisture for the rest of the day. I don't find it moisturizing enough to use just by itself though, so at the end of the day I use Cetaphil moisturizing lotion to let it work its magic overnight since that one is definitely too heavy for my oily skin.
This is a really great moisturizer to use underneath makeup.

UPDATE 1-11-15: I have since stopped using this. I don't know what it is, but it just didn't agree with my skin and would make me break out. Cerave in general seems to have something in their products that doesn't agree with my skin.

on 5/29/2014 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My mom gave me this since it didn't work out for her oily skin. I was skeptical about it, having skin that is extremely dry and prone to acne from silicones, and having had the cream cleanser from this brand burn the crap out of my skin when I tried it years ago. Still, I decided to give this a whirl, and I'm very happy with it. Is it enough to hydrate my skin on it's own? No. During the day I put a thin layer of this over Lumene Dry Skin Cocktail, and though neither of them are enough on their own, together they keep my skin perfectly hydrated from morning to night. Before, when I was using Nuance AM/PM Moisturizer I absolutely had to apply it twice (once in the morning and once again in mid-afternoon) to keep my skin free of flakes and rough patches. I use this at night too, applying a thin layer over my Avene Triacneal (I wait about 30-60 minutes to give the retinaldehyde time to sink in and do it's thing). Plus it's (relatively) cheap, comes in a great big bottle, and doesn't irritate my skin. What's not to like about that? ;)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I read enough positive reviews on MU boards to give this a try. So glad I did! Great light-weight moisturizer. I use it on body and face. It is perfect. Soaks in quickly, not greasy feeling, inexpensive, good ingredients, fragrance free. Love that it has a pump. I will buy this forever!

on 5/23/2014 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore using CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. It's lightweight, fragrance free, easily absorbed, inexpensive, does not break me out, and has great ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and ceramides. I plan to buy the CeraVe PM Lotion next because it has niacinamide.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

In the winter, my hands peel, crack, and split at the knuckles. I know - sexy. It's the cold combined with constant hand-washing and dish-doing. No way around it because of my job and lifestyle.

This lotion is THE ONLY thing that doesn't just seem to sit on top of my scaly cracked alligator hands. It actually soaks in (quickly!) and softens them. I've also used this on my face a few times with no ill effects, breakouts or sensitivity.

Good, basic, fragrance-free stuff, in a nice pump bottle at a reasonable price. I dropped it one point due to the presence of parabens, but sometimes, you just gotta use what works.

on 5/2/2014 7:21:00 PM

Really moisturising, doesnt break me out like a lot of other moisturisers do and is great value for money. I use this on my face and so the large bottle will last me for ages. ive been using it for about 5 months already and have used less than a quarter. there is no scent and it feels very light on my skin. It doesn't feel sticky but does take a little while to fully absorb into my skin. I usually put it on about 10 mins before applying makeup.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this is a great lotion for summertime because it is lightweight and good to use all over (face too), feels great on sunburns and on skin that has been out in the sun all day.

on 4/17/2014 12:07:00 AM

My skin is really sensitive and easily irritated especially by a lot of lotions that end up making my face dryer. And others just make me break out. This lotion goes on really nicely and a little bit goes a long way. It makes my skin feel supple and moisturized without feeling heavy and still allowing my skin to breathe. Definitely going to stick with this one