CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 1/12/2015 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a fantastic moisturizer

I have tried several others (cetaphil cream, lotion, SPF, aveeno, neutrogena, clinique, lancome, all kinds of others) and this one is

-non-irritating
-soothing
-moisturizing

I feel a bit concerned to read people find this breaks them out

I agree that certain products do break people out, but when I had acne for many years, I broke out anyways. The only thing that stopped breakouts was 2 courses of accutane. What I am trying to say is that its important to identify the underlying cause of breakouts rather than attribute them to a single product, especially one like this. I feel that this lower than deserved rating has a lot to do with ratings due to perceived breakouts. This seems unfair.

In any case, this is an HG moisturizer for me and I have no intention of changing soon

on 1/6/2015 12:38:00 PM

I have honestly never found a product to be more unappealing. I bought this, CeraVe Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 on a Wednesday and by Friday I had a serious breakout from my forehead to my chin. The bumps were red and itchy and my face was incredibly dry from using it. I stopped using the product on Saturday and by Monday the breakout had gone away. I called the company and requested a refund because it cost me over 13 dollars. The company was happy to send me back my money. Don't buy it, your better off using something with fragrance.

on 1/3/2015 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have been using this product for over 7 years now. It is my HG facial moisturizer, and no other product has given me consistently positive results over such a long period of time. My daily routine is as follows: I wash my face with Neutrogena Naturals face wash and apply Keihl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate to my wet skin. Once that sets in I add the Cerave lotion and finish with Elta MD sunscreen. The Cerave lotion absorbs quickly and keeps my skin hydrated all day. It's light enough that my skin doesn't get shiny as the day goes on. As I've gotten older my skin has changed from combo to normal, and this lotion worked with both types. This is a very high quality product, and you get a lot for your money!

on 1/2/2015 2:47:00 PM

I finally got the chance to try this lotion. I chose the lotion instead of the cream because I have combination, acne prone skin but it is very dry and sensitive in the winter so I thought this could be a solution. It only made my skin greasy, oily, clogged my pores and gave me pimples. Used it just for few days and now I use it for my body. Dissapointed. It happened the same with Cetaphil Lotion.

on 1/2/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Really like this product....not too greasy and makes your face very smooth. Great price too!

on 12/29/2014 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I have been searching for a moisturizing cream that contains ceramides. I'm surprised that there are not more options for purchase in this category, given the apparently incredible effect they have on skin healing and beauty. I couldn't find a budget-friendly ceramides complex cream that was affordable other than the Cerave brand.

The problem with this brand is that it contains parabens, and I'm allergic to them. I had a terrible rash years ago around my eyes using a product that contained parabens, and my dermatologist told me to avoid them in all facial products.

So, I was delighted when I discovered that the Cerave BABY Lotion does not contain parabens. The only negative ingredient in the baby lotion is 1 percent dimethicone, but it's a very small amount and supposedly safe in cosmetic ingredients. My main concern was the parabens, so I'm giving this a try. Also, this formula contains niacinamide, an ingredient I've also been wanting in a skin cream, as well as hyaluronic acid. I will use this as a night cream with the goal of getting the much-vaunted ceramides effect.

on 12/22/2014 10:54:00 PM

I first used this lotion a couple of years ago after I had been to a dermatologist for the first time. The topical creams dried out my face and I needed some heavy moisture. I never used it regularly though, only once or twice a week tops.

My skin recently dried out severely again so I began using this nightly. I noticed my skin was breaking out extra, which was off since it had been clearing up. The only thing different in my routine was this. I had never checked the ingredients since it is labeled as non-comedogenic (won't clog pores), so I checked them out. To my surprise, among the ingredients are polyglyceryl 3 diisostearate and ceteareth 20 and cetearyl alcohol, both of which rate a 4 on a list of comedogenic ingredients, with 5 being the highest.

Since I discontinued use of this product, my face has calmed down. I will not repurchase and I would not recommend this to anyone with very sensitive and acne prone skin like mine.

on 12/22/2014 10:21:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite moisturizer that I have ever tried. It is my HG of moisturizers and something that I will keep purchasing!

I have acne prone, combination skin with hypopigmentation and acne scars.

This moisturizer does not break me out. It moisturizes very well (especially with AHA cream and jojoba oil added in) but is not greasy and sinks in well (unlike Cetaphil).

on 12/17/2014 2:33:00 PM

I love this lotion. It hydrates my skin so nicely without any heaviness or greasiness. It's perfect under makeup or as a step after nighttime treatments. You get such a big amount for such a small price that I feel great putting it all over my neck, chest, back and other dry but acne-prone places without fear of breaking out. I ran out of this and have been using samples of some higher end creams and oils, but my skin isn't really loving it. I need to go back to this basic.

on 12/9/2014 9:02:00 PM

I have been using this for years. Recommended by dermatologist. Light weight and great for all skin types. Doubles as a body moisturizer. Very good price and large size. Too bad it has parabens and no added benefits though...