CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 12/22/2014 10:54:00 PM

I first used this lotion a couple of years ago after I had been to a dermatologist for the first time. The topical creams dried out my face and I needed some heavy moisture. I never used it regularly though, only once or twice a week tops.

My skin recently dried out severely again so I began using this nightly. I noticed my skin was breaking out extra, which was off since it had been clearing up. The only thing different in my routine was this. I had never checked the ingredients since it is labeled as non-comedogenic (won't clog pores), so I checked them out. To my surprise, among the ingredients are polyglyceryl 3 diisostearate and ceteareth 20 and cetearyl alcohol, both of which rate a 4 on a list of comedogenic ingredients, with 5 being the highest.

Since I discontinued use of this product, my face has calmed down. I will not repurchase and I would not recommend this to anyone with very sensitive and acne prone skin like mine.

on 12/22/2014 10:21:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite moisturizer that I have ever tried. It is my HG of moisturizers and something that I will keep purchasing!

I have acne prone, combination skin with hypopigmentation and acne scars.

This moisturizer does not break me out. It moisturizes very well (especially with AHA cream and jojoba oil added in) but is not greasy and sinks in well (unlike Cetaphil).

on 12/17/2014 2:33:00 PM

I love this lotion. It hydrates my skin so nicely without any heaviness or greasiness. It's perfect under makeup or as a step after nighttime treatments. You get such a big amount for such a small price that I feel great putting it all over my neck, chest, back and other dry but acne-prone places without fear of breaking out. I ran out of this and have been using samples of some higher end creams and oils, but my skin isn't really loving it. I need to go back to this basic.

on 12/9/2014 9:02:00 PM

I have been using this for years. Recommended by dermatologist. Light weight and great for all skin types. Doubles as a body moisturizer. Very good price and large size. Too bad it has parabens and no added benefits though...

on 11/18/2014 1:23:00 PM

This lotion is a $11 miracle for my skin right now. I'm limited in what skin care I can use while knocked up, but a generous layer of CeraVe after using my Clarisonic at night gives me a glow by morning that can't be chalked up to pregnancy. It sinks in beautifully and gives my skin a soft suppleness that I want to touch constantly. No breakouts, either.

I paid $11.29 for a huge 12-ounce pump bottle at my grocery store.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product and its a shame that I didnt start using the whole Cerave line years ago. I have combination skin prone to eczema and rosacea and have probably spent hundreds of dollars on fancy moisturizers only to have them burn my skin and make me breakout. My derm told me that I have one of the most sensitive faces that she has ever seen, probably in her top 3. Thanks....I guess?

Cerave miraculously hydrates the layers of dry skin while keeping the surface matte and not looking like an oil slick. Its fragrance free, goes on smooth, formulated with effective ingredients (see website) and doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out. I actually find that this moisturizers better than the Cerave cream since it's lighter and my face pratically drinks it up. Putting on makup is defintely a challenge though (which is why I took off a lippie). If you put on too much lotion or don't wait long enough to let it sink in, it will pile up and turn into a big mess. In comparison to other drugstore brands; Cetaphil made my skin greasy and gave me clusters of little white heads, Neutragina stung/irritated my skin and Aveeno just sat on the surface without really moisturizing. Bottom line, I recomend the whole Cerave line of products for anyone with sensitive skin.

**EDIT**
Unfortunately i have found that during the drier winter months this does not moisturize enough. Luckily I have found ShiKai's Borage Facial Lotion. This mixed with Cerave- basically a superpower lotion. A little bit greasy and Im not crazy about the Borage smell so I only slather this stuff on at night.

on 10/31/2014 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I originally used Cerave PM, which I enjoyed for the most part. It was light but moisturizing and I liked that it had niacinamide (because it can help lighten marks). Sadly, I believe the niacinamide was why PM would always give me small red breakouts. They weren't a big deal but they did bother me. Several months ago, I finally decided to try the regular lotion, which is very similar to PM. The ingredient lists do not differ much, and I find the formulas work almost identically, though PM does feel a tad thinner in terms of consistency. I prefer the PM pump, which dispenses less product, but I understand the regular lotion is meant for both face and body use. For value, you get more with the regular lotion -- 12 oz. for ~$14, whereas PM is 3 oz. for almost the same price. The biggest difference for me, however, is the lack of niacinamide in the regular lotion formula -- no red breakouts!

My skin is oily but prone to dehydration. It used to be a lot more dehydrated but I believe the Cerave lotions have been crucial to the restoration and healthy maintenance of its moisture barrier. Because my skin is oily as well, I went through many different "hydrating" moisturizers that did nothing for my dehydration, particularly because they hydrated but weren't occlusive enough to keep that hydration in. I had to look to richer formulas but many were too much for my oiliness (Clinique Moisture Surge Intense being a notable exception). Cerave lotions are different because they actually moisturize while being light and comfortable. Now that my dehydration is under control, sometimes I feel I should switch to a lighter moisturizer, but I stick with the Cerave not only because it works well for my skin, but also because it is great as a buffer under alcohol-laden sunscreen and works well under make-up. (Oh, and winter is coming.)

While I thoroughly enjoy Cerave lotion, I do not think it is for everyone. Oily skin that is not dehydrated may find this is too much for them, and I'm not sure it would be enough for very dry skin. Additionally, I know some people have suffered bad breakouts from usage -- and not just small red spots like I had with PM. In my experience, this product seems to be one people either love or hate, mostly because it works well or it breaks them out. For every poll where the majority hates it, there's another where everyone loves it. So definitely a YMMV product, though I highly recommend it myself :)

on 10/8/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have dry skin on my body that is sensitive and a bit acne prone, this stuff is awesome for all of it. I was using Aveeno before (and I love that stuff) but I've switched to this. This doesn't make me break out as much as Aveeno did and has actually improved the look and feel of the skin on my legs. It doesn't have that instant "Ahh!" feeling but it really has helped hydrate my skin over time.

I just wish there was more in a bottle and that it wasn't as expensive. But I love that I can use this on my face too and it doesn't feel greasy.

This stuff is fantastic. I'm a big fan of CeraVe's stuff.

on 10/4/2014 4:18:00 PM

I bought this after my go-to face moisturizer (complex 15) became too pricey. It feels a little heavy, but my skin does not break out from it which is a plus. I do notice as the day goes on I tend to look much oiler than I used to, but will take it over pimples.

on 9/6/2014 12:51:00 PM

*HG* Incredibly elegant and effective moisturizer for both face and body. I have hypersensitive, clog-prone skin that tends to be oily but dehydrated. This absorbs quickly, works great under make up (non-greasy, no balling up) and makes all of my skin very happy. In the winter (or whenever my skin needs it), I layer this over a thin layer of jojoba oil or burt's bees repair serum (face). And this works so beautifully over serums/treatments/boosters, I feel like I may never need to buy an expensive face cream again. If and when I need more targeted treatment, I can invest in serums, which I tend to think are more effective anyway.
Just a fantastic product. Big rave.