August 20, 2014 | 1882 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Cremestick Liner - Beurre

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by sanckensmom

I like this color a lot, the reason I will never repurchase is it it way TOO soft (the point breaks off all the time when I am lining( and it does not last long. My other wooden pencil MAC liners last years and years, but this one (maybe four months) and that is in constant rotation with about 10 other liners I use.....Hmmmm, I will not repurchase. I am going to try Clinique baby buff lip liner next which is supposed to be very similar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 8:31:00 PM More reviews by WhereAmI

This is as good as it gets for a YLBB nude. Not too pink, brown, orange or mauve. Just perfect! And I love that I can B2M Cremestick empties.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

I wanted a liner that would go with a wide variety of my lipsticks. A lot of what I wear is medium brown/wine/berry shades, and this works perfectly with them. Love the creamy texture. Goes on easily. Never needs sharpening. Great shade that is just a tad darker than my normal rosy pigmented lips. The color is just brown enough and just berry enough to coordinate with a lot of colors. I was scared to use a lipliner because I hate that brown lipliner/light lipstick look but this one works very well for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 9:37:00 AM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has to be my favorite MAC lip pencil. I've used it every day since I got it (and that was months ago!). It truly is a ylbb look, and I love it. I don't have a lot of color to my lips naturally, so this makes them look full and beautifully (and naturally). My favorite look is to completely fill in my lips with this, softly-just a wash of color, and then top with Jellybabe. Absolutely perfect. This is a staple for me. I just hope they never discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful, true ylbb color. A lot of the supposedly nude lipliners are very brown/orange, or are too wine-dark like Chanel Nude and WnW 666. This is a true neutral color, deep enough for pigmented lips. Goes great with colors on the rose side and is creamy enough to wear with glosses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

First of all, $14 is too much but MAC does have their recycling program and this is part of it so there is one redeeming factor. The formula here is very smooth and easy to apply. The liner is pretty precise for outlining but the texture is creamy enough that you can use for all over color. Once it sets I lightly dust powder or msf over it and it lasts pretty much all day. I am a coffee drinker so that is no small feat. For me (NW 20) this color is very natural looking so I can use it with a multitude of lipsticks because it is just a tad more defined than my natural lip color and blends well underneath most. I also purchased Sublime Culture and it was very similar with a little more brown. I surely don't need both and I prefer Beurre.
UPDATE: I have been using this under lipsticks that surely shouldn't match (like pale pinks and lavendars) and it gives me some very unique looks. Try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Ozgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Brilliant lip liner. Goes on so easily and stays on for the day. I used this liner under a fairly thick clear gloss and only had to touch up after lunch. I have really fair skin, yellow undertone, hazel eyes, and pale to golden blonde hair. I use NARS blush in Orgasm. Beurre is a bit darker than my natural lip colour and really suits.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2007 5:38:00 PM More reviews by widdy

I love this! I'm on my second one. I was looking for something to replace the old BB lipliner in Buff. (dark neutral pink/brown) I wear this everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Alexandralexa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love, love, love Cremestick liners; they're easy going on, long-lasting and don't need to be sharpened. Beurre is a neutral pink/brown/berry, very similar to Whirl, and close to my natural lip color. After a long search, I found my HG. What a relief. MAC/Lauder Group does not test on animals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by LaGitana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Beurre is a neutral pinkish nude l/l that you can match with almost any brown toned pink or mauve. I also like the fact that this is a twist up l/l so I don't have to bother sharpening, which I completely despise. The price is a little bit steep for a liner ($14) and Avon does sell similar versions for a fraction of the cost (Glimmersticks come in the same exact twist up pen). But the quality of this liner is undebatable and the fact that I can pair it with several lipsticks is worth the money. Try this with Midimauve l/s and Viva Glam V l/g, it's a lethal combination!