Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 1/20/2015 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This shampoo is amazing!! I use the conditioner along with it and it makes my hair feel and look so nice.

I bought this because I heard it made your hair grow faster, but I've only used it twice so I'm not too sure about that yet, but I can say that even if it doesn't make my hair grow, it's still amazing. I have really curly/frizzy hair, and as soon as i used this foundation I could see a difference straight away. My hair was very tame, more wavy than curly, and there's no frizz at all. It makes my hair so soft and shiny, which is a huge plus as my hair is quite damaged from putting highlights in my hair over summer. It wasn't only me who noticed the difference, everyone I met the day after my first use were complimenting me on my hair and asking what I'd done different. Overall, this product is amazing, well worth it.

on 1/18/2015 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo is gross. A coworker recommended it because she said it would help my hair grow fast after I cut it. Not only did it NOT help my hair grow any faster, but it doesn't smell good...and then it hit me: Why am I using shampoo intended for horses??? Sorry but there's too many good human shampoos out there to be using this junk.

I read many reviews on this and its either you LOVE it or HATE it.

I HATE IT. It made my hair so dry. My hair is already dry and damaged. Looking at how hyped this product is, about promoting healthy and long hair, I gave it a try. It didnt even clean my hair well. It just made my hair felt dry and frizzy.

I dont recommend it.

on 1/11/2015 3:21:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

What can I say? Horse shampoo, everyone I've told so far has looked at me like I'm mental, but it works!
I was reading loads of stuff online about how to strengthen hair and this popped up on one of the sites, considering most thickening and/or strengthening products cost an arm an a leg I was doubly surprised to see this featured, so I had a look on amazon and for 7 for both the shampoo and conditioner I thought why not?

So after using this for about 4 weeks now I can say it's a really good shampoo, cleanses the hair without being harsh, no nasty smell (it's pretty neutral actually) doesn't strip it or make it dry at all, would defo buy again.

*TIP make sure you always do 2 washes to get all the dirt out and massage the scalp with medium pressure but not too hard as it will over-stimulate the oil glands and you'll have to wash it again all the sooner (try using flat fingers rather than finger tips to massage)
Xx

on 1/8/2015 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HATE THIS STUFF!!! I bought it at Sally's Beauty Supply in a big bottle as well as the conditioner. The shampoo made my hair sooooo greasy and it smelt weird. Over time, it gave me so much build-up and my head was bleeding. Be careful if you try this product!

on 1/8/2015 3:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Don't know why but my hair would fall out after using it, I stopped used another shampoo not as much hair fell out and went back to the tail n mane shampoo and the same thing happened more hair would start to fall out, but I think its because I have a weakened my scalp from over coloring my hair, my sister who never has dyed her hair it hasn't affected her with hair fallout

on 1/6/2015 2:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love it! It's great and does its job well as a shampoo.
Nice, clean and healthy feel to my hair.
I bought the conditioner too. I'll go back to this after I'm done playing around with other brands such as Shisedo/ Rene Furterer/ Loreal Sulfate-free.

on 1/1/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Best shampoo ever! My hair is straight and it gets very greasy easily so it can get greasy even after like 8 hrs after I wash it. This keeps my hair feeling clean throughout the day but still have to wash it everyday(I don't mind because I cannot stand greasy hair at all). This keeps my roots dry and clean but doesn't dry up the ends which is what I'm looking for. If you find this drying, use some hair oil focusing on the ends to keep your hair nice and soft. It has helped to grow my hair very nicely and those babies have grown twice as fast as they did before! Now I'm no longer suffering from armpit length hair! Everyone ask me how I growed my hair!

on 12/14/2014 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this shampoo a lot! I use it on both my horse and I:') don't judge. It smells really nice and helps my hair grow.
Plus if you're using this for horses I find it gets annoying leg stains (I feel your pain) out really well. I had a show this morning and although I had washed my horse the night before, I came to the barn and he was filthy! I use this stuff to scrub on his legs and although not every dark stain came out, it was quite the improvement.

on 11/30/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this in a sample size and had several packets on hand that I took on vacation with me. My husband saw me packing this and said his ex (who has long luxurious hair) swore by this shampoo and would use nothing else. That got my expectations up pretty high for this product plus I had heard a lot of positive feedback over the years. I was excited to try this new to me product. So, how did it perform? It really didn't lather much and I like lather, because then I can tell if the product is distributed evenly on my head. Overall, this was a fine product and it left my hair clean and rinsed out easily. This dried my hair out something fierce though and I followed with Mane 'n Tail leave in conditioner. I had to use a lot of conditioner though as this left my hair feeling really dry and there was absolutely no way I could comb through it even with my wet hair comb. It didn't really leave a scent and I like the scent of freshly washed hair. It did clean my hair. It didn't cause any irritation to my scalp. It didn't smell like dog shampoo as I thought it would. Although this was designed for use on horses it felt and performed like any other shampoo I have used. I won't buy it though as I need a formula with a lot of moisturizer and I prefer a lingering scent and I like more lather. After using this for 2 weeks, I don't understand all the hype over this. It was okay, but not any better than any other hair product that I have tried.