November 26, 2014 | 1163 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Ideal Light Brush-On Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by peppermintpea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am IN LOVE with this product...I have been on the hunt for a great concealer. I just tried BB corrector and concealer kit and took it right back. First it did nothing for me and second burned my eyes.

So off I went....found this little beauty! I am using my Benefit Erase Paste first then applying the EL over the top.....It looks just amazing! Dark circles are gone and I look fresh and dewy. No cakey crepey lines either! I am using #2...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2010 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Bulabalabibi

Hate the applicator, after u twist it a blob comes out from the base of the brush (where the brush meets the plastic), completely highlights my wrinkle underneath the eye. Color is quite sheer which was what I was looking for and it's a little sparkly- pretty. 1st time ive eve bought anything like it so i dunno wat im supposed to b looking for anyways... but im sure that theres better out there!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 6:22:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best illuminator for black circles, the only one that works for me; the only problem is that my shade is not sold in uk (2 light-medium is perfect!) so i ahve to buy it in the italy....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a good illuminator. I have it in No. 1 and I got it for personal use.

It is ok --not great but ok. It does not give the illumination I was looking for and quite honestly was relegated to the bottom of my illuminator bin. This does not kick YSL or Armani to the curb...just clutters up my makeup bins with more products.

Had I the chance to buy again -- I would not.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Shiva13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Super, super product. When I got this in soft pink, my expectations were not very high, I was just hoping it would work as a concealer for the thin and greyish skin under my eyes. But it exceeded all my expectations: Works great under my eyes, covers the blemishes and spots elsewhere and stays on the whole day. Also, I just got the idea from another reviewer to use it as an eye shadow primer too. I already backed it up!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Brightens and accentuates. That is exactly what this does. The "Soft Pink" shade is the worst, EL says it works for everyone, well, I must be some rare exception, because it made my skin look bright pink no matter where I applied it, and under eyes it somehow adopted a bright grayish tone. So I tried the "Light Medium" shade that I also have with Double Wear concealer, but the effect was only slightly better. I also think it has tiny glittery things in it, because it kinda shimmers. So tacky. If they can't come up with normal pigments they use glitter. Cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by MUAmuah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not an Etee Lauder junkie...but I'm also not a makeup snob, or else why would I be here? When looking for a concealer I look for great color, coverage, and smoothness of texture. I give this concealer 5 stars in each category. I buy it in Soft Pink 07 and it lasts you foreeeever!!! I use it all over the areas of redness, as an eyeshadow base, and as a lip primer for red lips...I looove this, it caters to dark women too which is great. Go buy this, you will not regret it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by stella84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hmm im not sure about this product now that i've read the bad reviews!
I tried it for the first time today and found it gave me a great fresh look under the eyes. My dark circles are not super dark though, so maybe that's why? I like the creamy consistency on my dry skin and found the brush easy to use. I wouldn't use this as an actual concealer for scars, spots and blemishes though, it is definitely too light for that. I found the 'light' colour was a perfect match for me, maybe because i am quite nuetral toned (NC/NW25/30). I prefer this to YSL touche eclat because of the texture and it doesn't smell so much!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so after using this "concealer" for a couple days, I can officially say that IT SUCKS!! This may be a "highlighter" but its being sold as a concealer and either way you try to use it, it just plain sucks. Its consistency is terrible, not very thick at all. I got matched with "light" since I'm fair/light skintoned and the over all effect once applied under the eyes is barely opaque. My dark circles really arent drastic by any means, but you still want what you're using to cover it. This crap just puts a small amount of cover over it, I can still see the shadow. So back to the counter it goes. The applicator doesnt bother me. I like the fact that it has a brush, makes it easier for travel. I wont be buying again. I'll stick with my Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer. The reason it gets a 2 star from me is I like the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 7:21:00 AM More reviews by ve

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i think girls at Estee Lauder don't know what this product is:
this is not a concealer, this is just a very good iluminator!
i use it that way:
hydratant
concealer (erase paste, benefit)
foundation (matte)
powder (matte)
and then this product for the glow!

just apply it where you want to glow: apple of your cheeks, above the browns, right in the middle.
If you feel like also in your forehead and nose and chin.
but in very little quantity, one application should be enough.
inner OUT corners of your eyes

avoid using it close to your eyes if you have sensitive eyes or wear contact lenses.
avoid using it in the out corners of your eyes if you have lines.