November 27, 2014 | 1491 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by hannahr20

Pros:
- Nice packaging
- Not too badly priced
- Lasts quite a long time

Cons:
- The scent isn't very appealing
- Doesn' leave my face feeling very clean
- Not very much of a lather

Wouldn't recommend this or repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't like the liquid facial soap. It leaves my face feels greasy. I feel like it doesn't rinse off entirely. The clinique bar soap is much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by LifeWithBelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After countless attempts to find the best tailored face cleansing regime this is the one that works for me. I like this soap pump as its gentle enough to use frequently as I have a pump on my sink and in the shower. I personaly find this is enough for my skin. I use the toners and lotion rarely as I find the soap keep its clean enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by wwall665

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been trying to find some kind of product to help with my oily skin. VERY OILY!! This unfortunately wasn't it. I was so happy to finally get this and try it out! I used the 3 step system for oily skin including: oily facial wash, #4 toner, and the dramatically different moisturizing gel. This has done nothing for my skin. I am still oily and my skin tone and acne still look the same. I have acne prone skin with a few breakout once in awhile. It does not help with that and it kind of irritates my skin. I am very disappointed with this! Oh well my search goes on! Oh and this stuff isn't cheap!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by smohamed04

I don't have any of the aforementioned problems with this cleanser. I love it. I've been using the 3-step system for about a year now and I love it.

The cleanser itself smells incredible. I love it. At nighttime it really helps me to relax and makes me sleepy. In the morning, it helps to clean up my stuffy morning nose.

It doesn't do anything crazy-amazing. It cleanses very lightly. The toner does most of the work. I would recommend the clinique toner with this, as it's great at toning and taking off your face make-up. Without a good toner, this cleanser is a worthless purchase. I only have it because it's part of the 3-step system. If I switch to another system, I would never buy this separately. Like I said, it's not crazy-amazing. I've used cheap neutrogena cleansers that are better than this, in that they take off make-up.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by nicoleha

This was the worst part of the 3-step system. It definitely beats the bar of soap, and while it didn't make me break out, it didn't do anything for my skin either. The toner and moisturizer are worth the money, but this definitely is not.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by missalexandre

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought the 3 step system for oily skin about 6 months ago when I had lots of acne and very oily skin, but quit using when it didn't seem to do anything. My skin was looking a lot better recently, so I've been really lazy about my cleanser choices. I was mostly clear with a basic Origins one and a Neutrogena, so two days ago I figured I'd use up this Clinique one, thinking it couldn't do too much harm. WRONG. I now have four HUGE painful cysts on my face and lots of little whiteheads in clusters. Two days ago I had NO acne.
I don't know what it is with Clinique, but I have had more problems with their products than any other brand. I haven't tried anything by them that doesn't break me out horribly, and I've tried a lot (my mom is devoted to them and has been pushing their skincare and makeup on me since I was 14).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by MikiKaneohe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Unfortunately, this just did not work for me. I am in the minority here, but in case anyone out there has the same issues, this review will let you know that you arent alone!
I bought this and was really excited to use it. I started using it regularly and got some serious cystic acne breakouts. I stopped using this cleanser and it slowly cleared up. So I stowed this out of the way in my closet. After several months, I decided to try this again. I worked it into my skincare regimen. I used it maybe a few times a week. I did not notice any appreciable results from it for controlling oil, but I just wanted to use the bottle up. I am using Peter Thomas Roth BHA 2% Acne wash and I cant use that every day because it can dry your skin out, so I used the Clinique most days of the week. I was happy at first because I wasnt breaking out, so I upped the usage. BIG mistake. I have really bad cysts now. Around my mouth and my jawline. I kept up with the Clinique to see if I could suffer through some sort of "purging" before it got better. After 4 weeks of using this, and half the bottle left to go, I had to just stop.
I'm not sure what it is in the cleanser, but my skin just cant deal with it.
I like Clinique in general and I really like the packaging and price on this. But it is just not worth it to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a few years now. The packaging is really nice. The controlled top makes usage easy. This product cleans deep and is quite effective to my oily/combination skin. It does make my face a bit dry after rince it off, particularly on my cheeks.

I would not use this during the winter but it is a great product to use during the summer. I have not experienced any side effect with this. I would not recommand it to people with sensitive skin since it can be a bit strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by alyssamarie124

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started using this because I get it for free for being a Clinique consultant. I love how it makes my face feel, and my skin has started clearing up since using the 3 step. I just hate using so many products! I took a lippie off because this product is not designed to remove makeup, you need an additional product to do that.