April 16, 2014 | 1752 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by missalexandre

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought the 3 step system for oily skin about 6 months ago when I had lots of acne and very oily skin, but quit using when it didn't seem to do anything. My skin was looking a lot better recently, so I've been really lazy about my cleanser choices. I was mostly clear with a basic Origins one and a Neutrogena, so two days ago I figured I'd use up this Clinique one, thinking it couldn't do too much harm. WRONG. I now have four HUGE painful cysts on my face and lots of little whiteheads in clusters. Two days ago I had NO acne.
I don't know what it is with Clinique, but I have had more problems with their products than any other brand. I haven't tried anything by them that doesn't break me out horribly, and I've tried a lot (my mom is devoted to them and has been pushing their skincare and makeup on me since I was 14).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by MikiKaneohe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Unfortunately, this just did not work for me. I am in the minority here, but in case anyone out there has the same issues, this review will let you know that you arent alone!
I bought this and was really excited to use it. I started using it regularly and got some serious cystic acne breakouts. I stopped using this cleanser and it slowly cleared up. So I stowed this out of the way in my closet. After several months, I decided to try this again. I worked it into my skincare regimen. I used it maybe a few times a week. I did not notice any appreciable results from it for controlling oil, but I just wanted to use the bottle up. I am using Peter Thomas Roth BHA 2% Acne wash and I cant use that every day because it can dry your skin out, so I used the Clinique most days of the week. I was happy at first because I wasnt breaking out, so I upped the usage. BIG mistake. I have really bad cysts now. Around my mouth and my jawline. I kept up with the Clinique to see if I could suffer through some sort of "purging" before it got better. After 4 weeks of using this, and half the bottle left to go, I had to just stop.
I'm not sure what it is in the cleanser, but my skin just cant deal with it.
I like Clinique in general and I really like the packaging and price on this. But it is just not worth it to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a few years now. The packaging is really nice. The controlled top makes usage easy. This product cleans deep and is quite effective to my oily/combination skin. It does make my face a bit dry after rince it off, particularly on my cheeks.

I would not use this during the winter but it is a great product to use during the summer. I have not experienced any side effect with this. I would not recommand it to people with sensitive skin since it can be a bit strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by alyssamarie124

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started using this because I get it for free for being a Clinique consultant. I love how it makes my face feel, and my skin has started clearing up since using the 3 step. I just hate using so many products! I took a lippie off because this product is not designed to remove makeup, you need an additional product to do that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

This product left my skin dry and flaky. Not buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by karebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A little on the spendy side (about $17 at Macy's), but the best cleanser I have ever used. I got a sample a while back and finally got the normal size recently. This is actually a cleanser for people with oily skin. It took me a while to get used to the fact that Clinique doesn't have fruity or obnoxiously potent smelling products, but I'm sure that's why they work so well. I love how it's refreshing, tingly, nice and cool to perk you up when you're getting ready for the day, and a nice fresh feeling before bed. My only complaint is sometimes I do experience a slight dry-tight feeling after washing, but it's not a burning or long lasting feeling. My skin stays clean even if I go to the gym after washing. It looks and feels clean! I will advise it's not great at removing eyemakeup. This is also a product you can be quite conservative with. One little light pump, it lathers so well, you don't need a lot, which is a great money saver! I love this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this first when I had mild acne and heard abt Clinique products...started using this twice to thrice daily and my skin looked a lot more fresh and oil-free. The acne disappeared and didn't reappear despite travelling to different countries with different climates. I was close to finishing my second bottle of this when I discovered the rinse-off foaming cleanser by Clinique so I abandoned this for that just for the luxurious feeling and the tube packaging. This is comes in a nice pump bottle that you can lock during travel...so I would use this again if I ever have to! :D Both of them cost approximately the same, but I feel this formula for oily skin will dry u out slightly more than the foaming cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

After a friend raved about Clinique's skincare line, I decided to give it a shot, encouraged by my mom's patronage some years ago.

I disliked the strong smell of the cleanser at first. It smelled really harsh and alcoholic, which startled me at first. Then, I got used to the smell, or held my breath, as I washed my face. The first thing I noticed was that my skin didn't feel tight after I stepped out of the shower. A huge plus.

However, I wouldn't recommend using the cleanser on its own since your face would feel dry and uncomfortable after a while.

Update: I'm on my second bottle and truly, this is my favorite cleanser of all time. The 3-step routine has worked wonders for me. Friends have been complimenting on how clear my skin looks and any acne disappears within days. Thank you, Clinique.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by crysna

Since i first tried is my HG face cleanser! Perfect for oily, acne prone skin the gel based formula is just simply nice, cleans well my skin with a cooling sensation that love it!!! Doesn't irritate, or leave my skin feeling dull. i use in the morning and by night i use the clinique acne solutions foaming cleanser! This 3 step system really make my skin feeling good!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by babyeest

Not a terrible cleanser, made me break out at first, then i guess my skin got used to it, and it didnt break out anymore. Good for oily/combo skin, my skin didnt feel dry after use :) Got this as a sample with something else i bought, i dont think i'd buy if it was full price, not really worth it ): 1 lippie down for that haha, but overall, this cleanser works in removing some oils, i use this in conjunction with ddm gel. :)