April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by sarahcatherine11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had never spent so much on a face wash before purchasing this. Bought it after a neutrogena face wash completely destroyed my face and wanted something a bit higher end.

I really like the natural fragrance and have found it to be gentle on my oily-combination skin.

Use it in the mornings and again in the evenings to take my make up off, follow up with a cleanser.

Have only been using for around a month but loving it so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by calorumado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before starting the three step program, I was kind of a facial regime whore. I was always purchasing these expensive steps in hopes of smaller pores, less dry skin and a more even skin tone. I always had the best intentions but nothing worked - once again I decided I would try again to waste some money with the three step but I have been pleasantly disappointed.
The regime is absolutely amazing. You only need one pump of the soap and you just massage it into your face and then rinse it off, and then continue with the following two steps.
I am 24 with dry skin and it works wonders on me. My mother is 51 with extremely dry skin and very red skin, and it has done amazing things for her face in such a short time.
It is pricey, but it is worth every penny. I can now go out with no make up on and it looks as if I just put minimal make up on - it just does wonders for the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Kanaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased the 3 step system for dry skin and worked well for me. Even is quite pricey it worths every penny, even isn't that large, you just need a small amount of the pump, make the bubles with the hands and then continue rubing softly in circles on the face. Works for a daily care rutine, not as a desmaquillant.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by LeoniePhoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have combination skin, and this dries my skin out so much! I find that it is a very good facial soap - my skin feels very clean after using it but if I do not moisturise within about one minute of applying this it feels as though my face is going to seize up.
I don't consider myself to have extra sensitive skin - I have never got acne in my life and I have been very blessed with having little to no spots in my teenage years, but the harshness of this soap is a little worrying.
I asked for the milder soap for Christmas (the bottle almost lasts me a whole year) and I feel as though it does not cleanse my skin at all. I find that some drug store alternatives are much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by FrancescaMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No different to a cheap drugstore facial cleaner & dried my skin like crazy. Expensive. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by fallenrainxx

I have combination skin with minor breakouts around the T zone. I have tried so many different kinds of face wash, from drugstore oxy pads to department store Shiseido lines, but this is my HG face wash. I am a huge fan of Clinique products. I have relatively sensitive skin that gets dry around the edges of my face sometimes. I like products that don't have alcohol or fragrance, is gentle but will completely clean my skin - if this is what you're looking for, you've found the right product! I use half a pump and mix it with a bit of water, lather it up in my hands to form little bubbles, and gently massage it in circles over my face. It might smell a little strange, but the results are amazing. I don't think I'll ever find a face wash as good as this one. There isn't a single bad thing about it. It's available in almost every drugstore and department store, it's cheap ($20 for a good size bottle), and best of all: it works. I like the packaging very much - it's great for travel because the pump actually locks if you turn it a certain way, so it won't spill all over your luggage. After I wash my face with this, my skin feels clean and supple. There is no oil residue but my face doesn't feel tight at all. Buy this soap - you'll definitely love it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by janeeugenia

I think this product is more suitable for oily skin, it has ginormous amounts of alcohol and dries skin out to the point of it almost cracking, mmm not a good buy for dry or normal skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by marmaladecat

Unfortunately this was much too drying for my skin. My face felt really stripped of moisture after using it and I had that really tight feel to my skin. Sodium Laureth Sulfate is second on the ingredients list and I found out this can be really drying for some people, as can Sodium Chloride which is the third ingredient. A few previous cleansers I had also contained these two ingredients and they were also too moisture-stripping, so I'm going to avoid these from now on. I did read the ingredients list for the Clinique prior to purchasing, but I got sucked into their claim that it wasn't drying!

It's possible this face-wash also contributed to my skin really breaking out. I can't be totally sure, but even if it didn't, the major drying effect and the price (15 in the UK) means I won't be getting this again.

The search for a good cleanser continues...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by lovelyKk

I tend to break out very easily. I was using a face wash with 10% glycolic acid. It was so drying. A friend recommended the clinique three step system... I am so glad she did!! I use this face wash with my clarisonic brush morning and night. Within a couple of weeks my skin has completely cleared up, feels and looks so much better. I can't think of anything I don't like about this product so far, there is no harsh smell, feels great, and is a great price. I use it with the clarifying lotion #3 and the dramatically different moisturizing lotion. I would recommend this product to anyone.

Update: I have had to change my skincare routine. I did notice that right after I washed my face it would be red and feel dry. After a while my skin was beginning to always be very red and dry. I tried using my heavy moisturizer more often but nothing changed until I stopped using this face wash. Wish it hadn't happened, really loved it for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by jrphu

Low down: A simple, no frills type of cleanser that mildly foams to gently cleanse. Pleasant smell. Doesn't strip face of moisture. Can be a little ineffective at cleansing if you don't take your time to rub into the face.

How to: I usually message for about 1 minute until it turns into a cream-like texture or until the foam disappears, then add some extra water to re-foam the product, massage for another 30 seconds before rinsing.

Alerts: will probably not take off the day's make up, I personally use a cleansing oil prior to remove any make-up or sunscreen.

Final words: nothing special, a little to pricey in Australia to repurchase but will buy the next time I am in the US.