December 18, 2014 | 1747 users online

Fragrances - Dior - Dune EDT

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Beihbeal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume is my personal scent of choice. I have worn this scent since grade 9 and frankly, I am now pushing 30. It may not be for everyone, however, I love the way it melds with my skin. It produces a lovely lingering after scent on all of my clothes. It is so warm, and deep and rich. Multi faceted. Spicy, but smooth. If you like warm bold scents like D&G and Bob Mackie's Perhaps, you will love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 9:19:00 AM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

(note: i used to not like this..review is updated)
Sometimes I like this fragrance, sometimes I don't. Like an opera diva, it's temperamental. It smells good some days, some days it's like men's aftershave!
You have to wait for the drydown. Initially, for the first hour or so, the alcohol smell overpowers the actual perfume. After that it blends with your skin.
At it's best: It DOES smell like sand dunes in some roasting Sahara! The vanilla and flower notes are very subtle, they're more like the fragrance carried by the wind to Arab merchants, reminding them of home..like a memory, like a poem. It's lovely and soft. It lasts all day.
At it's worst: Meh. Boring, but overpowering & ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Mazenderan

A very warm, heavy scent that makes you think of a hot summer day. I didn't find it cloying - because I love the scent - but I can see how others might find it too much. You'd definitely want to try before buying to see whether it is for you.

I would say that this is a perfume for an intimate date.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by holalola559

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift and it was kind of insulting.
This smell is really musky and dark. When my friend smelled this, she said that she imagined a 'rich skank from the 50's' wearing this, and that's exactly how I imagined it too.
It does not smell good at all-
maybe I got an old one?
I don't know, but I smelled this and I couldn't stand it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this scent. But most of the time it's too warm. It almost gives you a fever:-) I feel like sun when I'm wearing it. It smells of hot wind + hot sand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the most beautiful fragrances I have ever experienced. It has been a fragrance staple of mine for 13 years, ever since it was given to me as a present for my 18th birthday by a classmate. I love big oriental fragrances, but this is the only oriental fragrance that I know of which possesses such singular, sheer freshness without losing any of the ambery, spicy goodness that characterizes oriental scents. This is sweet without being syrupy, spicy without being musty, sheer without being boring, floral without being old fashioned, with outstanding sillage and lasting power to boot. A joy from first spray to drydown. Classic.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 6:01:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

A Very very good Dior of the 90's.. (created in 1991).
At the time it was something new, unlike the others: it wanted to create & reflect an image of a different woman... no more 80's... the New Age trend was there and there was this pursuit for interiority and self consciousness...
The research of new values, purest, and a new relationship with the inner you.
This beautiful fragrance incarnates all this.
It is light (but is does have an incredible staying power!!) - starts fresh & citrusy, develops with a full floral heart (jasmin & rose) and the dry down is very skin-like: vanilla & benzoin, that makes it warm and long lasting.
Feminine, classy, introspective, intimate and sensual.
Something everybody should try!
______

top notes: Bergamot, Mandarin, Rosewood, Aldehydes
heart note: Jasmine, Broom, Rose, Ylang-Ylang
base note: Vanilla, Patchouli, Benzoin, Sandal

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Funkly

I try a lot of perfumes, some I like, some I don't. Most I don't feel I want to review but some just scream out for my impressions to be written down. Dune is one of them. So potent, so rich, so sickening. An oriental headache inducing overload of amber and vanilla. It smells like a more chemical and less refined version of Ormonde Jayne Tolu on overdrive, which has a wide following amongst perfumistas but is my least favourite of the line.
There is absolutely nothing fresh or oceanic about this fragrance and I marvel at how the same scent can smell so different to different people. It's more of a gourmand to me. Has the lasting power of plutonium.
It has been composed by Jean-Luis Sieuzac, he of the great Amouage 25 for women, Luca Turin rates it 5 stars and lots of other people seem to love it. Try it for yourself, it's easy enough to find.
Edit: made a mistake, Amouage 25 is by LUCAS Sieuzac, not Jean-Luis.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is different from anything else. I get compliments from men and women every time I wear Dune. When I first put it on, it evokes a sense of hot desert sand with hints of dry hay. There is a slight cocoa note, too--not chocolate, more like the nubs before processing. There's also some sweet mint in this. And warmed-over peach. It starts out with some exciting, green edges and then it all mellows into a warm, dry haze that, to me, is perfectly suited to the hot summer months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is definately a skin scent. The color of the juice (peach) fits perfectly. The smell reminds me of hot sand at the beach into which someone has buried a perfectly ripe peach- softly warmed by the sun. Not that Dune specifically smells like fruit, just an impression I get from wearing it. Apparently, Dior wanted to do a "marine" scent without the "ozonic" notes- thank goodness for that would have ruined the fragrance. As for longevity of scent- one spritz has lasted me about 8 1/2 hours!
A very atmospheric scent- it has never smelled the same way twice on my skin.