April 18, 2014 | 938 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by 90046

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff

Pros:
good coverage
blends easily
nice shade selection (for my fair, pink skin)
don't know a better powder foundation out there
luxury item...just sorta makes me feel good

Cons:
shiny black compact shows every fingerprint
not in love w/ their sponge as applicator
$$$$ - $50 as of 2012...pricey for powder foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by wekellyunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful packaging. Helps matify my complexion throughout the day! However I wouldnt use this on clean skin. Best for touchups instead of a base foundation. Also doesnt come in the greatest variety of colors. I have 57 Ivory Beige and its a tad bit darker but nice if i want my face to look a bit warmer but the shade lighter is way too pale. The shades arent quite right! However the quality of the product is awesome especially for someone on the go. Way to expensive but it is chanel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I originally bought this as a touch-up powder to my Perfection Lumiere for several reasons: I get oily later in the day, I obviously can't bring my HG Poudre Universalle Libre with me, and the Poudre Universalle Compacte got hard and crusty after repeated use (see my review on it). However, I may just use this on its own! The powder is buttery smooth; with a light application (as a touch up to my PL) it lends an airbrushed effect, and worn as a foundation on its own my skin looks smooth and satiny, never powdery/cakey. No breakouts, but my skin does feel tight with it on, hence me not really wearing this as a foundation until it gets more into the warmer months. I buff it on lightly with a kabuki as a touch up, and when I want to use it as a foundation I just buff on a bit more and use the sponge on areas I need more coverage. Oil control is stellar, though the real test will be during the summer. The compact is a pretty decent size, but not bulky, and is sturdy. It comes with a decent quality sponge, though I'd still replace it after a while even though I mostly use a kabuki. Highly recommended, but I *did* have to take off a lippy for the exorbitant price (hey, it's Chanel) and also for lacking an exact color match. PL BA34/NC44/Nars Tahoe for reference, I bought this in 120 7.0 Honey-Ultime which is slightly too light, but the next shades up were too dark.

EDIT: Knocked it down another lippy as after a few days of wearing this on its own as a foundation, my skin started breaking out in tiny bumps along my forehead and cheeks. Bummer, since it has such a nice finish. Returning it, but may retry it during the summer and if Chanel releases more shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by ChristyR143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had to knock off one star due to the utterly ridiculous price of this, but it truly is a wonderful product. If you don't like liquid foundation, you should really splurge and give this powder a shot. It's very finely milled and goes on so nicely. It really does become one with your own skin and in my experience is very easy to use, which is to say, you have to work to make it look cakey (unlike MAC's Studio Fix Powder, where one swipe too many and it's cake-face city for me). I use a powder brush to apply it, not the sponge that it comes with. It does seem to last a pretty good while for me, so that takes the sting out of the price ($50.00...ouch). I wouldn't say it keeps me matte all day, but then I have very oily skin and really nothing does, so that's not a deal breaker. My only concern is this...Chanel has a habit of discontinuing things after a while, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time until this one goes bye bye too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ChristyR143

I had to knock off one star due to the utterly ridiculous price of this, but it truly is a wonderful product. If you don't like liquid foundation, you should really splurge and give this powder a shot. It's very finely milled and goes on so nicely. It really does become one with your own skin and in my experience is very easy to use, which is to say, you have to work to make it look cakey (unlike MAC's Studio Fix Powder, where one swipe too many and it's cake-face city for me). It does seem to last a pretty good while for me, so that takes the sting out of the price ($50.00...ouch). I wouldn't say it keeps me matte all day, but then I have very oily skin and really nothing does, so that's not a deal breaker. My only concern is this...Chanel has a habit of discontinuing things after a while, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time until this one goes bye bye too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 5:21:00 AM More reviews by undivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I usually lurk, but I felt compelled to come out of my cave to review this one since I've been using it for the past 4 years! I used to try new foundation every time I went to a department store or Sephora.
I have *extremely* oily (combination in winter) acne-prone skin that's also extremely pale, and I've always, always struggled with trying to find a foundation that a) matched my skin well enough, b) didn't change color as I got greasy, c) provided some coverage, AND d) did not break me out. It's a little 'dusty' looking when I first put it on but it settles nicely when the oil starts coming out WITHOUT sliding off my face or settling into my pores, AND without turning orange!
I've never used it wet, I just dab on a bit more dry with the sponge rather than a brush if I have an area that needs more coverage, but if you want super coverage you're better off with a liquid anyway. It looks best when diffused and blended as much as possible. For my purposes this is the best for achieving that much-vaunted 'natural' look that doesn't announce "hey, I've got foundation on!"
In the interest of full disclosure, this did not work nearly as well until I started using primer. I use the green smashbox primer to take the edge off the ruddiness I get from using my harsher prescription acne topicals. It looks best on exfoliated skin also, or else it ends up highlighting that top layer of debris. And lastly, I need to touch up with powder maybe 30 mins after application so it doesn't come off when I need to blot my oily spots during the day.
I simply love this. It lasts a long time also. My only complaint is when you start getting down, the powder is prone to cracking and it's hard to keep in the pan.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

It doesn't provide my skin with very much coverage. I'm not sure what purpose this powder serves for me lol but I do find it leaves my skin feeling ultra smooth. The lady told me to apply it with a damp sponge for more coverage but I have yet to try that. I just quickly put this on when I'm not in the mood to wear foundation. It does feel lightweight and it lasts all day

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Dillydally72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought it, did not like it and returned it. It was extremely powdery, so I tried Avon's Mark Natural Skin Foundation for $12. Not only is it a more affordable foundation, but it provides great coverage. Girls, save your money and give Avon a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMA54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this compact in the shade: 80 Medium Beige. I have actually been buying this for awhile, I'm on my 4th compact. I was using it on my skin before applying a liquid foundation. I do wish it had more coverage though, and that it wouldn't look cakey throughout the day. It lasts awhile, using it every day will last 3-4+ months. I think it is important to either clean or change the pad that comes with it though, I found similar ones in CVS to use.
I recently purchased the Dior AirFlash foundation, so I am using this product a lot less.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Chanel Double Perfection Compact Natural Matte Power Makeup SPF 10 ( 0.45 oz or 13 g for $50 usd). The powder is very finely milled and is so soft and smooth and applies like a butter on my face. I normally use this as a setting powder when I want my face to stay matte through out the day without much touch ups. I have tried use Double Perfection Compact as a foundation and it provides a matte light to medium coverage but it does not cover most of acne scars and redness like a liquid foundation does. It comes in a sleek black rectangular package with Chanel logo on it. Also, the compact comes with a huge mirror and a sponge for easy touch up and application. Plus, Double Perfection is oil-free which makes the product even better for combination to oily skin people like myself. I am nc 40 in Mac and Barcelona in Nars Sheer Glow, my color for the compact is 80 Medium Beige, which I found has more of a yellow tone and matches my skin nicely than the recommended shade 100 Sun Beige, which I found has more of a red and pink tone. Lastly, Double Perfection Compact foundation is refillable which cost lesser than getting the whole compact. Overall, Chanel Double Perfection Compact is a great foundation powder when you are looking for a scent-free and smooth and buttery powder to set your makeup or use it for a light to medium coverage.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No