July 29, 2014 | 1945 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by valancyjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Before I bought this, I was using a sunscreen that made me red and shiny. I had to use oil-blotting sheets before I put on makeup, it was that bad. Of course I didn't like this, so most of the time I just skipped sunscreen. So I knew I had to get something different. I came across a recommendation for the Aveeno product in a book by a dermatologist; I figured what the heck, it couldn't hurt. I have been really pleased -- my skin is not red or shiny after I put this on. However -- I wish it had a higher SPF. I will probably have to find something new for summer. And the packaging is a little weird -- I think the hose for the pump is too short, because I can't get anything out of the pump anymore but there is a ton left in there. I will buy this again, for winter, but it's not the HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Huntress3

I love this moisturizer. My skin is so dry from the winter and wearing makeup. It is a little pricey but it's definately worth it plus a little goes a long way. This makes my skin so soft and the smell is nice and doesn't give me a headache since I am sensitive to different smells. I will definately buy this again but for as little as I use at a time it will be awhile before I have to restock.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by rosepolymath

I used to have the Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer, which I really liked but for some reason when I ran out, I bought some Neutrogena moisturizer instead (was not a huge fan). I recently bought the Ultra Calming version and I love it. I have pretty sensitive skin that is prone to redness when I apply lotion, but I don't get any redness when I apply this product. It is extremely smooth, lovely texture, and does have a bit of a fragrance but my skin is apparently not sensitive to that. As others have said, it is pretty pricey (~$15 US) but a little goes a long way-- the last 4 oz. bottle I had lasted me for months upon months. If you have sensitive skin that tends to look greasy or red after applying other moisturizers, I'd give this one a chance.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by meshaaaaaaa

this product make me break out like crazyyy omg i wouldnt use this ever again however i have to finish what left so i will just mix it with foundation to get bb cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Heath32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried most of the drugstore moisturizers touted to be good for combination, acne-prone skin, and this one (while not specifically aimed at my skin type) is the best one, in addition to their Clear Complexion moisturizer (which I have also reviewed). It has spf 15 in it, which is great for winter, although in the summer I use sunscreen on top of it. It's a great texture - not too runny, not too thick, and it absorbs very quickly. It feels soothing just putting on your face, and it really does calm down redness. Note that it doesn't really reduce redness of blemishes, just general irritation. I appreciate this, since I used to be mortified by the "raccoon mask" of pinkness I would get on my nose and under my eyes. I love that it uses natural ingredients, and it's oil-free, hypoallergenic, and noncomedogenic. I find that it has a pleasant scent, not perfumey, just nice, but if you like unscented face products, this may not be for you. I love using this to replenish and calm down my skin after using drying acne products.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this moisturizer for over a year now and I absolutely love it. I have normal skin but it does get a bit dry around the corners of my nose in the winter, especially since I live in Canada. This moisturizer really helps keeping my face hydrated and smooth. I don't know how to describe the smell of this lotion it reminds me of a wheat or oatmeal or something lol, some people think it smells flowery, personally I like the smell. It isn't overwhelming and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin which fragrances of any kind do. it has never broken me out and I do see the redness in my cheeks decreasing significantly after using it for this long. People who complain about the redness not going away should use it a bit longer and see because it doesn't give immediate results. This lotion also does not make your face feel or look greasy, it gives a nice satiny finish and my makeup glides perfectly on it even without a primer. I only took a lippie off because the price is VERY steep for a drugstore product, in Canada it is $27 and in America it is around $14 which is way better and I stock up whenever I go across the border lol. I'd recommend this to anyone and for people looking for a mild moisturizer that won't break you out, has a mild non-irritating scent and reduces redness.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by MissusH123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A lot of people are unsatisfied with this product as I have learned from other reviews but personally it has worked for me. It does take patience to use because it will take a week or two before it shows results but it works great and it has reduced the redness in my cheeks considerablly over time. People do complain about the price but I would buy it again as I believe it has worked for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by demureninja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the SPF 15 product--looks like there is a similar one out there that's SPF 30 and causing some confusion.

This product is interesting--it smells a little flowery upon application, but sinks in pretty easily and the scent dissipates. It manages to moisturize my sensitive, combination skin without making it break out, and I find it manages oil nicely--my face stays matte pretty much all day! The pump bottle works well, and I like that you can "lock" the cap when traveling. I paid $14.99 for it, which is a bit steep for a drugstore product, but a little goes a long way so I imagine the bottle will last awhile.

Now the strange part: despite not getting breakouts from this product (it actually cleared up some bumps from my forehead), I find that it makes my pores larger/more noticeable. I haven't noticed a calming effect--if anything there's a more pronounced redness and what look to be clogged pores around my nose and mouth. It also seems to make my eyes itchy if I get it too close to my eye area. I'll continue to use this product since it keeps my skin matte and layers nicely under makeup, but perhaps in time the clogged pores and itchy eyes will outweigh the pros of this lotion.

EDIT: After a few months of using this I stopped, because the itchy eyes and weird large pores were frustrating me. Sure enough, as soon as I stopped using it, my eye allergy went away and my skin is looking more normal. So strange--perhaps the ingredient that makes this create a smooth layer on the skin and control oil also contributes to enlarged pores and blackheads. My search for a good sensitive-skin moisturizer with SPF continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by avix1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a moisturizer that would actually moisturize without make me super oily and greasy. I was using a Neutrogena sunblock that controlled oil, but it was not really getting into my skin and moisturizing. This Aveeno stuff really does the trick. I can feel it going into my skin and it makes it all soft and smooth, with now slippery shine and grease. It doesn't make my skin any more oily though. It actually seems like it controls the oil because my skin feels so moisturized down to a deep layer. It also doesn't burn or make my skin irritated. It looks so bright and full of life. I LOVE it!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by karamelicious808

I am normally a huge fan of Aveeno products, but this 'calming' face lotion did not live up to its name at all. Over the past two weeks of using it, my face has broken out in places I almost never get pimples at. I honestly don't think I've broken out this much since I was in high school! It also, as other reviews have mentioned, has a heavy scent which I am not a fan of. Will not repurchase.