April 17, 2014 | 1044 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by meshaaaaaaa

this product make me break out like crazyyy omg i wouldnt use this ever again however i have to finish what left so i will just mix it with foundation to get bb cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Heath32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried most of the drugstore moisturizers touted to be good for combination, acne-prone skin, and this one (while not specifically aimed at my skin type) is the best one, in addition to their Clear Complexion moisturizer (which I have also reviewed). It has spf 15 in it, which is great for winter, although in the summer I use sunscreen on top of it. It's a great texture - not too runny, not too thick, and it absorbs very quickly. It feels soothing just putting on your face, and it really does calm down redness. Note that it doesn't really reduce redness of blemishes, just general irritation. I appreciate this, since I used to be mortified by the "raccoon mask" of pinkness I would get on my nose and under my eyes. I love that it uses natural ingredients, and it's oil-free, hypoallergenic, and noncomedogenic. I find that it has a pleasant scent, not perfumey, just nice, but if you like unscented face products, this may not be for you. I love using this to replenish and calm down my skin after using drying acne products.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this moisturizer for over a year now and I absolutely love it. I have normal skin but it does get a bit dry around the corners of my nose in the winter, especially since I live in Canada. This moisturizer really helps keeping my face hydrated and smooth. I don't know how to describe the smell of this lotion it reminds me of a wheat or oatmeal or something lol, some people think it smells flowery, personally I like the smell. It isn't overwhelming and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin which fragrances of any kind do. it has never broken me out and I do see the redness in my cheeks decreasing significantly after using it for this long. People who complain about the redness not going away should use it a bit longer and see because it doesn't give immediate results. This lotion also does not make your face feel or look greasy, it gives a nice satiny finish and my makeup glides perfectly on it even without a primer. I only took a lippie off because the price is VERY steep for a drugstore product, in Canada it is $27 and in America it is around $14 which is way better and I stock up whenever I go across the border lol. I'd recommend this to anyone and for people looking for a mild moisturizer that won't break you out, has a mild non-irritating scent and reduces redness.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by MissusH123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A lot of people are unsatisfied with this product as I have learned from other reviews but personally it has worked for me. It does take patience to use because it will take a week or two before it shows results but it works great and it has reduced the redness in my cheeks considerablly over time. People do complain about the price but I would buy it again as I believe it has worked for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by demureninja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the SPF 15 product--looks like there is a similar one out there that's SPF 30 and causing some confusion.

This product is interesting--it smells a little flowery upon application, but sinks in pretty easily and the scent dissipates. It manages to moisturize my sensitive, combination skin without making it break out, and I find it manages oil nicely--my face stays matte pretty much all day! The pump bottle works well, and I like that you can "lock" the cap when traveling. I paid $14.99 for it, which is a bit steep for a drugstore product, but a little goes a long way so I imagine the bottle will last awhile.

Now the strange part: despite not getting breakouts from this product (it actually cleared up some bumps from my forehead), I find that it makes my pores larger/more noticeable. I haven't noticed a calming effect--if anything there's a more pronounced redness and what look to be clogged pores around my nose and mouth. It also seems to make my eyes itchy if I get it too close to my eye area. I'll continue to use this product since it keeps my skin matte and layers nicely under makeup, but perhaps in time the clogged pores and itchy eyes will outweigh the pros of this lotion.

EDIT: After a few months of using this I stopped, because the itchy eyes and weird large pores were frustrating me. Sure enough, as soon as I stopped using it, my eye allergy went away and my skin is looking more normal. So strange--perhaps the ingredient that makes this create a smooth layer on the skin and control oil also contributes to enlarged pores and blackheads. My search for a good sensitive-skin moisturizer with SPF continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by avix1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a moisturizer that would actually moisturize without make me super oily and greasy. I was using a Neutrogena sunblock that controlled oil, but it was not really getting into my skin and moisturizing. This Aveeno stuff really does the trick. I can feel it going into my skin and it makes it all soft and smooth, with now slippery shine and grease. It doesn't make my skin any more oily though. It actually seems like it controls the oil because my skin feels so moisturized down to a deep layer. It also doesn't burn or make my skin irritated. It looks so bright and full of life. I LOVE it!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by karamelicious808

I am normally a huge fan of Aveeno products, but this 'calming' face lotion did not live up to its name at all. Over the past two weeks of using it, my face has broken out in places I almost never get pimples at. I honestly don't think I've broken out this much since I was in high school! It also, as other reviews have mentioned, has a heavy scent which I am not a fan of. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by icesk8ersm0m

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not thrilled with this at all. My face is having patches of eczema on it and I needed a moisturizer that is gentle, moisturizing, and doesn't burn. I have the companion face wash & it's ok...nothing spectacular. Ultra calming does don't mean fragrance free! I put some on my finger and immediately noticed a floral scent that started making my eyes water (I am extremely sensitive to floral scents). It's a nice consistency...not too thick. But it did burn and made my face even more red. Will not purchase again, and would strongly caution anyone who is fragrance sensitive.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Tfrey1

I have oily skin and am prone to breakouts. After I shower, my face is fairly red in color due to acne marks.. i use this and it doesnt completely get rid of the redness but it is very calming on my skin. its a bit pricey considering its a drugstore brand and it doesnt get rid of redness. ive been using it for about 2 years now & its the only moisturizer i am satisfied with because it does not leave my skin oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Naadiaa101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Been using this for about 2 months in a half and Im pleased. It does in fact calm your skin on your face when its irritated after facial washing and such. A good moisturizer for face and neck, I would recommend for WInter Seasons Only.