October 24, 2014 | 1010 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by gursk

LOVE using sugar for a scrub. Makes me feel so much better about the $$ I spend on other stuff. I just add a bit to my cleanser and scrub all over my face. Add a bit of water, lather, rinse & voila. Vibrant, glowing skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I mix sugar with virgin coconut oil for a lip scrub. Gently exfoliates my dry lips and tastes so yummy!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Would u buy again? LOL! omg, thanks MUAers!!! I jus thot i'd try adding some sugar to my regular cleanser to make a good face scrub and WOW...u guys r RIGHT! My skin feels sooo incredibly soft and smooth and clean! Definitely gonna spread the word and use this a LOT more!!! Ha! Can't get over it! Just plain ol' sugar! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by lallen08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use for body and mani/pedi scrubs, mixed with body wash or oil. For mani/pedi I mix equal parts sugar, table salt, and whatever oil I feel like using. I think it's too harsh for the face.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Shoshachu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Other

I used to use this more when younger, often mixed with lemon-juice (great on late teen and early-twenties skin) and often felt a perverse kind of glamour in so doing. A bit like a punk version of A Handmaid's Tale. Generic toothpaste face mask was also a favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh the possibilities of sugar. I am a huge fan. While I do buy my body scrub in the store, m Tree Hut Shea Scrub is sugar based, so I can still say that sugar works amazing for a body scrub. I don't use any kind of gritty exfoliators on my face, but for the rest of me, I love it. There are also so many benefits to products that use sugar. It helps to retain moisture, is non-irritating, and is also the base for my favorite chemical exfoliant, glycolic acid (well, sugar cane is, but still). The main thing I use sugar for in my beauty regime is for sugar waxing. I have medium to thin hair that comes out with ease from sugaring, with no irritation and hardly any pain. Considering how easy and cheap it is to make, it's a breeze to stay hair, ingrown, and rash free. And yes, I use it EVERYWHERE. Thank you sugar! You've saved me so much money!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by kirikadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Sugar rocks!
In the summer I use it with my shower gel to make a scrub. In the winter with EVOO for a nice moisturizing kick. It's definitely cheap and good and always there.
I do still use storebought scrubs every now and then, simply cause I get bored :P But I always come back to sugar. Because it rocks!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by emkazicstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love making sugar exfoliators with extra virgin olive oil and honey. sooo moisturizing and nice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE sugar scrubbiesss! :) I swear by it. Sugar comes from sugar kane, which has glycolic acid, which is an ingredient in many expensive exfloiants! I admit it can be a harsh scrub, especially if you have sensitive skin but I'm pretty sure my skin is as tough as a rock so this doesn't affect me haha. But seriously, back to the review, you can use it mixed with your regular cleanser to make it a bit less harsh for your face, or you can also mix it with honey, and olive oil to get a bit more moisturizing! I swear it really works to make my skin glow, (exfoliates great and really gets the blood flow going). If you find the granuals are too big and rough, you can throw sugar into your blender to make them a bit finer and less harsh. I HIGHLY reccommend this to people who don't have sensitive skin on their face! You can also use this as a full body scrub! I like to mix it with olive oil for a really natural, cheap and AWESOME scrub!! :) Packaging sucks, so I keep mine in a glass jar instead! Enjoy!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by jessicaflox

I use brown sugar or caster sugar for a quick and easy facial or body scrub. Works great, makes skin feel smooth. I mix it with honey, oil or cleanser to make a paste. It's really great if you get flakies, particularly from skiing. Every time I go on a ski holiday I take the sugar and honey sachets from the restaurant at lunch time then do a face scrub in the evening. It really helps if you get wind burn on your lips. Call me cheap, but it beats travelling with heaps of products and it's readily available at ski resorts.