July 31, 2014 | 1642 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by tcgGoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best face powder I have used! I am on my 5th pan... It's just fantastic. It has great coverage, without looking the least bit mask-y. Great staying power. It can be applied with a brush for a more sheer, daytime application or with the puff it comes with for very high coverage... (I usually set my powder with a light mist of facial toner or thermal water)... I use both M60 and M80 shades, depending on the season and whether or not I have a subtle tan. I LOVE THIS PRESSED POWDER!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Kimm992

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can't say enough good things about this powder!!

It covers extremely well without appearing heavy or caky. I have very acne prone skin and since switching to this powder I have not had a bad break out once!

This is definitely my HG foundation!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a lover of powder foundations at heart, but I have to set this one aside as a notch above the others I have tried. I have used and liked Studio Fix, Clinique Almost Powder, and Physicians Formula talc-free powder makeup, but this is significantly better than all three.

I am NC10-15, very pale with yellowish undertones but with some surface ruddiness, and sensitive skin that's combination in the summer. I don't have a lot to cover up most days but I do need some coverage- tinted moisturizer isn't enough for me most days to cover my redness, pores, and slight melasma patches (left over from taking Yasmin-watch out for these if you're taking it).

The texture of this powder is more similar to Clinique's than Studio Fix. It provides the pigmented coverage that Clinique gave me, and is also powdery like Clinique when it first goes on. I use a small powder brush to apply it in small buffing motions, but I have also found that even using a sponge when I am in a hurry works well too, surprisingly. The powdery finish, oddly enough, settles in a few minutes and then starts to look much more natural and skin-like. Using this also made me realize not only how powdery Clinique stayed, but how chalky Studio Fix was on me too. I had the right shade of SF but it applied a little masklike and seemed to reflect light oddly, making my face look a little pasty, and it would gum up around my nose sometimes. This has never done that! I like that my brush picks up just enough powder to sweep across my problem areas and dab where needed. I just dip my brush in the pan and sweep very lightly across, and this is enough for one cheek. Unlike Physician's Formula, it never picks up too much and doesn't make a swirly mess.

It seems to be lasting long in the pan, and on my face too. It lasts as well as the PF did too, and longer than Studio Fix ever did. It seems to stay fresh for as long as I have it on, but it does need a primer. Without a primer, it doesn't look bad at all, but after a few hours during the summer it fades. But it still doesn't look gross, which is a plus. And my T-zone can be pretty oily, especially during my TOTM, and with a primer this lasted beautifully all day.

Now, let's talk about colors. I was matched at Sephora to E20- peaches and cream. Being one of the palest people I know, and usually the lightest shade in ANY makeup line, if not too pale for all the shades, I would have thought I needed E0, but it turned out the Sephora SA was totally right. E20 works beautifully with my skin- just right in shade and the undertones are completely neutral, so it accommodates my yellow undertones while still covering my redness, but at the same time I don't look sallow either. Truly neutral, which to me means it would work for many different undertones. All the shades marked with E are like this. I'm not familiar with the other colors as much but from what I saw they also have shades that skew more yellow or more pink depending on your skintone. And a wide range of colors too! But I would recommend getting matched, as I did. If I hadn't, I know I would have bought E0 and ended up looking pasty!

This is great for sensitive skin, by the way. My skin is incredibly sensitive (I couldn't wear Bare Minerals, for example, and I can't use retinol, or any chemical sunscreens, bleh) but this has never irritated it. In fact, it seems to soothe it a little bit. And while I think SF was breaking me out a bit, once I started using this most of my (minor) chin breakouts cleared up.

So, it's HG for me. It's a little pricey but it seems well-worth it if you're looking for a good, non-irritating compact powder foundation in a natural shade with very good coverage and staying power. An extra bonus- according to the website, it has SPF 10. So you get a little sun protection too! Love <3

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by jnngo84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Loreal Truematch powder before I decided to venture on to this high end face powder. I always received compliments when I'm at work from customers on how great my skin looks with the loreal powder but not with this one. It has great coverage no doubt. Feels good on my skin and doesn't cause me to break out. Color match is awesome i use M60 right now bc I 've been tanning alot this summer. The only thing I dont like is the white cast over my face in pictures and if I use too much powder my face can look a bit cakey. I might try to look for another face powder when I finish this one.Who knows if I can't find another I could turn back to this ...but it is a little too pricey for me. For 40 bucks I want a face powder that will cover and give a nice natural finish. If you don't have that many blemishes to hide...you might not need this coverage from cover FX.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by jyangsmiles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is by far my favourite powder foundation ever!
I have extremely oily skin, and I'm very sensitive to many products, so many times I'll have small breakouts here and there.
This foundation has amazing coverage; it's very buildable (without looking cakey). When I'm just using this foundation alone, I get a little shine by noon (applied at 7:30 am), but nothing extreme, so I just use a blotting sheet.
Lately, I've been using this foundation as a setting powder over my Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet Plus Mattifying Foundation and I am literally shine free from 7:30am to 5pm.
I'll definitely buy it over and over again. It is a little pricey, but it's well worth the money (lasts a long time as well).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

Love the powder/foundation! Pending on the day, I either use it to set my tinted moisturizer for more coverage, use it to set concealer (when I'm wearing foundation) for more coverage, or use it by itself for quick, medium coverage. My skin is very breakout prone and super oily, so, finding a good powder foundation is always pretty hard, but I love this one! Even better -- my super fair skin has a match! E0 is neutral and very light, so, it's such a win! I don't mind that it does offer SPF 10 as well, though I still wear a separate sunscreen.

If you can't get a match in a powder foundation, have very sensitive or breakout-prone skin, give this a shot! I've used up a full compact and am halfway done my second! Highly recommend!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by fatimat

i love this...GREAT coverage, if im in a rush and dont have time to apply concealer this does great by putting a little more of it. i have major scarring on my cheeks but still covers amazing! does not break me out at all so thats amazing. i got it at sephora for 35$.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best powder I have found so far for acne-sufferers with slick-oily faces. It covers my up nicely and doesn't look cakey. Combined with Matte FX oily blotting powder and my face looks great all day. However, the sponge inside gets dirty quite quickly. Better if applied with a mineral powder brush. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by s_o_n_i_a

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was a disappoint to me as I'm desperate for a new foundation. Firstly, it took a month to arrive in NJ when ordered from the CoverFX website. Secondly, the shade E0 was 'okay' for my uber PPP skin, depth wise it applied about the same a Chantecaille Petal, only orange. I removed the foundation about 2 minutes after applying it as it made my skin BURN instantly, so I would not recommend this for very, very sensitive skinned people, despite what Cover FX may claim. Thirdly, I have extremely dry skin, despite applying a couple of very generous layers of CDLM before applying the foundation, it looked incredibly dry and cakey on application, it also looked and felt like a mask. Not one for dry skinned people either. Shame.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Tola1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best powder foundation product I have tried. The coverage is great and it super easy and fast to apply.