April 19, 2014 | 1839 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by jnngo84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Loreal Truematch powder before I decided to venture on to this high end face powder. I always received compliments when I'm at work from customers on how great my skin looks with the loreal powder but not with this one. It has great coverage no doubt. Feels good on my skin and doesn't cause me to break out. Color match is awesome i use M60 right now bc I 've been tanning alot this summer. The only thing I dont like is the white cast over my face in pictures and if I use too much powder my face can look a bit cakey. I might try to look for another face powder when I finish this one.Who knows if I can't find another I could turn back to this ...but it is a little too pricey for me. For 40 bucks I want a face powder that will cover and give a nice natural finish. If you don't have that many blemishes to hide...you might not need this coverage from cover FX.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by jyangsmiles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is by far my favourite powder foundation ever!
I have extremely oily skin, and I'm very sensitive to many products, so many times I'll have small breakouts here and there.
This foundation has amazing coverage; it's very buildable (without looking cakey). When I'm just using this foundation alone, I get a little shine by noon (applied at 7:30 am), but nothing extreme, so I just use a blotting sheet.
Lately, I've been using this foundation as a setting powder over my Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet Plus Mattifying Foundation and I am literally shine free from 7:30am to 5pm.
I'll definitely buy it over and over again. It is a little pricey, but it's well worth the money (lasts a long time as well).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

Love the powder/foundation! Pending on the day, I either use it to set my tinted moisturizer for more coverage, use it to set concealer (when I'm wearing foundation) for more coverage, or use it by itself for quick, medium coverage. My skin is very breakout prone and super oily, so, finding a good powder foundation is always pretty hard, but I love this one! Even better -- my super fair skin has a match! E0 is neutral and very light, so, it's such a win! I don't mind that it does offer SPF 10 as well, though I still wear a separate sunscreen.

If you can't get a match in a powder foundation, have very sensitive or breakout-prone skin, give this a shot! I've used up a full compact and am halfway done my second! Highly recommend!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by fatimat

i love this...GREAT coverage, if im in a rush and dont have time to apply concealer this does great by putting a little more of it. i have major scarring on my cheeks but still covers amazing! does not break me out at all so thats amazing. i got it at sephora for 35$.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best powder I have found so far for acne-sufferers with slick-oily faces. It covers my up nicely and doesn't look cakey. Combined with Matte FX oily blotting powder and my face looks great all day. However, the sponge inside gets dirty quite quickly. Better if applied with a mineral powder brush. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by s_o_n_i_a

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was a disappoint to me as I'm desperate for a new foundation. Firstly, it took a month to arrive in NJ when ordered from the CoverFX website. Secondly, the shade E0 was 'okay' for my uber PPP skin, depth wise it applied about the same a Chantecaille Petal, only orange. I removed the foundation about 2 minutes after applying it as it made my skin BURN instantly, so I would not recommend this for very, very sensitive skinned people, despite what Cover FX may claim. Thirdly, I have extremely dry skin, despite applying a couple of very generous layers of CDLM before applying the foundation, it looked incredibly dry and cakey on application, it also looked and felt like a mask. Not one for dry skinned people either. Shame.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Tola1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best powder foundation product I have tried. The coverage is great and it super easy and fast to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by amyang

I decided to switch over to powder foundation from liquid foundation because my skin is very acne prone. I was tired to buying liquid foundation with the possibility of it breaking me out. Ive tried mineral foundation but it makes me itch when i wear it alone and if im outside in the sun. This pressed mineral powder foundation is great. I love this thing. They have color ranges for warm, cool, and neutral undertones. Visit their website to understand the color names/ranges. Ive not had any bad reaction to it or breaking me out. My skin is actually better. It keeps me pretty mat through out the day and ill have a little glow by the end of the day. The longevity of it is nice and too bad. It stays on all day if i don't rub or literally sweat it off, but i don't expect foundation to be water proof. It is oil free and good for acne prone/sensitive skin. The coverage is light to medium and definitely buildable. the applicator that comes with it is wonderful and works very well at applying the foundation. it covers spots and redness. Now onto the cons. THe finish is natural but i can still tell that i am wearing some sort of make up or powder. Its not as natural as Bare essentials or liquid foundation. I have to add on bronzer so i dont look washed out because the powder really evens out the skin. THe bronzer adds a realness back the my complexion and dimension. I also do contour. It doesnt photograph the best, ill have to bronze it up and add color. Be careful of a white cast in photos. My color is M40 which is a tad bit light for me but after oxidzation and bronzer, im fine with the finish. THe packaging is sleek and slippery. I find it hard sometimes to open the compact. Overall, i love the product if i warm it up with bronzer and contour. Im fine with it because most powders tend to make you look washed out anyways. I honestly think it was liquid foundation that has messed up my skin. Ill only wear liquid foundation from now on, only on special occasion. If your stuck on which powder foundation to start with because you have skin problems, i recommend this product. Its worth the try. TIP: i wear underneath it a good moisturizer or otherwise it will accentuate dry spots/areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by VividDreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this powder and i've been using it everyday for about... 4 months and i've just gotten to see the metal at the bottom. So it lasts pretty long for me atleast. It looks very natural on my skin, i'm very pale, i bought E0 from sephora.
But... my mirror in it broke the first say i got it :[
I guess my bathroom is too humid for it because its like.. clumped together in the container thingy.
!!!!!!!!! It's soooooooooo expensive. I paid about $40 for it including tax. Idk how someone found it for $10.
So anyways its very good, natural, matte, controls oil well, hasn't ever broken me out, but very expensive.
I'm looking for a drugstore pressed powder to finish my foundation that controls oil because i'm sure there's one out there that's just as good, but cheaper. I'm leaning towards covergirl - pressed powder oil control.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by dmhamamoto

This is probably the best pressed powder foundation that I have used :) I have really bad acne and this is probably the only foundation that I have used that doesn't exacerbate the problem. With other foundations, I feel like it makes my acne worse and inflames them as well. But, this covers very well and doesn't make my acne worse!

When you're putting this on, you have to be careful because it can easily get cakey. And you do not need a lot to get a good coverage! (thankfully :) ) I've worn it for 12 hours + and it didn't melt off of my face!

I will definitely buy this again! Good for touch-ups too!