July 29, 2014 | 1493 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover FX - Cover FX - Matte FX

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly good blotting powder. I actually like it better than the MAC blotting powder. Although I did have oil break through within some hours(I half expected this) as my skin is very oily and nothing I've tried has kept it at bay all day long. This is great for touching up, it gives my face a nice matte coverage and I love that the compact is not as bulky as the MAC one, its sleek and light but the sponge that comes with it is trash. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Jamie5560

Great product. Gives nice matte finish without caking. Use it with a fluffy powder brush, on the pad it comes with. I have oily skin with dry patches, and this is the best I've found.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by ballmam2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this over Colourstay foundation to control the oil, bought it SDM in Light for $22 CAD, the packaging is nice, it's a thin compact with mirror that slips in my pocket well, during the day, I use it to touch up and mattes the oil immediately, probably will purchase another so I have one at home and one on the go, overall very happy with it

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by brar

hmm, im confused..what is NOT to like about this product.i use to work at SDM for a couple of years in comsetics and all of the cosmetics team LOVED this product and applied it on a daily basis, especially the oily skin ones (myself!) this powder is not for coverage, it does not add or subtract any colour to your face. it's like a shine blotter really, but unlike the papery things everyone else has that removes your makeup this just takes away the shine...although i would recommend when applying lightly brush on in a circular motion!
this is a must have, and never leaves my purse..EVER

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by powderflow

I thought this was expensive for what it was.

However, if you're expecting a very sheer mattifying powder, you've got it.

I bought the shade Medium, whi was on the pinkish side. The color also changes throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by airkissed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Waste of money! This does absolutely nothing for oil control and to top it off, it turned my face ORANGE! Horrible range of colors and cheap packaging. Def. would not repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ilovecorgis333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sorry to be the barrel of bad news for this product but i really have no idea what all these previous reviews are talking about. First of all this only comes in 3 colors so its pretty unlikely ull find your shade here. I used the middle shade and it was a pretty poor match. However, the darkest one was too dark so i guess i had to deal with it. I used it about twice until i realized that it was DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for my oil production. to me it was a complete waste of 25 bucks or watever and i returned it and got makeup 4 ever mattifying foundation +. Works unlike this product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Update June 2009: This powder in this compact crumbled. I opened it up to use it and it was a mess. I threw the whole thing out even though I had hardly used it. I think I will buy a less expensive powder compact for my purse as I hardly use a press powder. I am a mineral makeup fan. Changed to No on repurchase for me; kept as 5 for overall rating for this pressed powder. Be careful with the compact. Lowered package rating to 2 from 4. Obviously I had hit it too hard even though it was in a purse.
***********************************************************
I was looking for a decent compact to have in my purse for touch ups at work. I bought Light. I paid $22.00 from SDM. Compact is a silverish tone and compact (meaning not bulky). It is a traditional design compact that opens with a mirror. Some powders like PF have the mirror UNDER the product and the compact is bulkier.The reviews on Maybelline (which I considered) also have a mirror that swings out.
The powder itself is great for touching up. I mear MMU but I have very oily skin. I apply this with a retrackable brush such as Quo. I just use one quick sweep over T zone and oilness is gone. It does not change my MMU. I also have the Lumiere retrackable brush that is on her site for $3.00. Lumiere brush is a bit smaller. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Passionate1

This is always in my purse. I don't blot oily areas, I just put a little of this on my forehead, nose and chin at lunch time to prevent. This lasts a long time and doesn't affect my face colour (bronzer!) at all. I also like that it's a Canadian born brand and has lots of quality ingredients and research behind it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by sweetserenitee

I have to say, this is a really great powder. I have tried so many to find my HG, but this one seems to be working fine! (though I just got it last night). So far, id buy again because they have such a selection of good colors and its for stage as well as just everyday. I like it a lot.