Cover FX Cover FX - Matte FX

3.8

Talc Zea Mays (Corn) Starch Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate Nylon-12 Zinc Stearate Ethylhexyl Palmitate Sodium Dehydroacetate Dehydroacetic Acid Tocopherol Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate Ascorbyl Palmitate Triethoxycaprylylsilane Hydrogenated Polyisobutene May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 11/23/2009 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So I love the Powder Fx pressed mineral foundation... This, not so much.

As far as blotting powders go, in my opinion, this one is really not that great. It is really hard to get the product on a brush or sponge. I tried it all. I basically found myself scraping the powder so that my brush could grab onto something.

I find I like the MAC blotting powder, the MUFE HD or BE Mineral Veil for oilies during the day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I wear this over the Coverfx cream foundation. I like it because I have never been able to find a powder that didn't look too pink or too dark against my pale skin. This one, in Light, is the perfect pale neutral shade. Not too pink or yellow or dark. Before I found this I was using a transparent (white) loose powder by cinema secrets, but I wanted a compact powder. Provides no coverage, but I just wanted this to set my foundation. Overall, I like the color, but I don't like how difficult it is to sweep the powder onto the brush. I feel like with some powders you barely have to touch the brush onto the powder to pick it up, but with this I have to work to get any powder onto the brush. I tried using my finger, and barely any powder went onto my finger. It's like it's too dense in the compact or something. Or like it got wet and dried and now you can't pick up any powder (that didn't happen though). I tried using different brushes, all with the same results. Very little powder will pick up. Too much work! Will return and keep searching for a good compact powder.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a fairly good blotting powder. I actually like it better than the MAC blotting powder. Although I did have oil break through within some hours(I half expected this) as my skin is very oily and nothing I've tried has kept it at bay all day long. This is great for touching up, it gives my face a nice matte coverage and I love that the compact is not as bulky as the MAC one, its sleek and light but the sponge that comes with it is trash. Would definitely repurchase.

on 5/5/2009 11:11:00 PM

Great product. Gives nice matte finish without caking. Use it with a fluffy powder brush, on the pad it comes with. I have oily skin with dry patches, and this is the best I've found.

on 1/30/2009 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this over Colourstay foundation to control the oil, bought it SDM in Light for $22 CAD, the packaging is nice, it's a thin compact with mirror that slips in my pocket well, during the day, I use it to touch up and mattes the oil immediately, probably will purchase another so I have one at home and one on the go, overall very happy with it

on 5/17/2008 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

hmm, im confused..what is NOT to like about this product.i use to work at SDM for a couple of years in comsetics and all of the cosmetics team LOVED this product and applied it on a daily basis, especially the oily skin ones (myself!) this powder is not for coverage, it does not add or subtract any colour to your face. it's like a shine blotter really, but unlike the papery things everyone else has that removes your makeup this just takes away the shine...although i would recommend when applying lightly brush on in a circular motion!
this is a must have, and never leaves my purse..EVER

on 4/6/2008 10:53:00 PM

I thought this was expensive for what it was.

However, if you're expecting a very sheer mattifying powder, you've got it.

I bought the shade Medium, whi was on the pinkish side. The color also changes throughout the day.

on 3/9/2008 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Waste of money! This does absolutely nothing for oil control and to top it off, it turned my face ORANGE! Horrible range of colors and cheap packaging. Def. would not repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Sorry to be the barrel of bad news for this product but i really have no idea what all these previous reviews are talking about. First of all this only comes in 3 colors so its pretty unlikely ull find your shade here. I used the middle shade and it was a pretty poor match. However, the darkest one was too dark so i guess i had to deal with it. I used it about twice until i realized that it was DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for my oil production. to me it was a complete waste of 25 bucks or watever and i returned it and got makeup 4 ever mattifying foundation +. Works unlike this product!!

on 2/2/2008 9:48:00 AM

Update June 2009: This powder in this compact crumbled. I opened it up to use it and it was a mess. I threw the whole thing out even though I had hardly used it. I think I will buy a less expensive powder compact for my purse as I hardly use a press powder. I am a mineral makeup fan. Changed to No on repurchase for me; kept as 5 for overall rating for this pressed powder. Be careful with the compact. Lowered package rating to 2 from 4. Obviously I had hit it too hard even though it was in a purse.
***********************************************************
I was looking for a decent compact to have in my purse for touch ups at work. I bought Light. I paid $22.00 from SDM. Compact is a silverish tone and compact (meaning not bulky). It is a traditional design compact that opens with a mirror. Some powders like PF have the mirror UNDER the product and the compact is bulkier.The reviews on Maybelline (which I considered) also have a mirror that swings out.
The powder itself is great for touching up. I mear MMU but I have very oily skin. I apply this with a retrackable brush such as Quo. I just use one quick sweep over T zone and oilness is gone. It does not change my MMU. I also have the Lumiere retrackable brush that is on her site for $3.00. Lumiere brush is a bit smaller. continued >>