October 24, 2014 | 930 users online

Fragrances - Jean Paul Gaultier - Classique EDT

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by AllyMack86

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What is this stuff? It smells absolutely horrible and is headache inducing. I've never smelled anything like it. Like a stale lemon verbena weakened with toilet water. It also made me sneeze like crazy, which is strange as I never have bad reactions to perfume except to crinkle my nose in disgust and turn away violently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally just bought a small bottle of this on ebay because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about (okay, and because I love the bottle). I wasn't really expecting to like it, since the reviews made it sound too brash for me. And yet, I've absolutely fallen in love!

To me, this perfume is femininity without the woman. It is an enhancement of a strong, graceful, and beautiful woman's scent. Since I have barely any sense of smell (perfumes are one of the few things I can smell at all), few perfumes actually stir up memories for me. Classique is exceptional in that regard.

Classique reminds me of a dressing room during a performance. This might sound like a criticism, but as a dancer I mean this in the best way possible. As you walk into the room, the smell of aerosol hairspray hits you and mingles with the light scent of stage makeup. Then you smell the powdery resin from the ballerina's shoes and even the sweet, warm 'glow' of dancers warming up. And later, as the show ends and the dancers go home, the smell of the old hardwood floors remains.

Needless to say, I will need to buy a larger bottle of this soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Honey87

Love love love this perfume! like the EDT better than the EDP too. It is the type of scent where people walk past you and know instantly what you are wearing. It is also a man magnet - trust me ladies ;-).

Very nice, just don't over-spray it or you'll get a headache. 2 sprays last you a good 3-4 hours. Happy shopping!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2010 8:01:00 AM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Went shopping today, on the lookout for some Boxing Day bargains. This is one of my close friend's favourite perfumes, so when I saw it on sale I just had to sample it out of curiousity. Sprayed it on my wrist...and couldn't smell anything other than the cream I was wearing. I quickly realised this perfume smells exactly like Boots Sanctuary Mela Rose and Pistachio body butter, which I had slathered all over just before going out. They're both average scents, and a bit on the foody/sweet side, which I generally stay away from. I don't plan on buying the body butter again, and I certainly won't be purchasing a perfume that smells exactly like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's funny how events can change the way you think of a fragrance. My boyfriend of 15 years bought me this for my birthday and i loved it instantly. During the course of a few months, a lot of ups and downs happened (including a 6 month split) and stopped wearing it. Now that we are back together, i really can't stand to put it on! However, it's not JPG's fault that my life is such a rollercoaster.
Classique is soft, woody, floral, sweet and powdery. It makes for a wonderful autumn/winter fragrance and i'm sure it would suit all ages. I don't agree with the 'old lady' view. I think it will remain an elegant classic for years to come. Maybe just not on me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This fragrance did not have to grow on me - i loved it immediately.

I gave it a 4 star for packaging only because my pump does not work! I had a friend purchase this for me whilst on a trip to London. It was brand new, unopened & it did not work from day 1. It was the Limited Edition bottle with the Butterfly artwork so I didn't want to return it as I know it will oneday be a classic collectors item. I have managed to work out a way to get the fragrance out however it takes some work & therefore I dont wear it as much as I would like too.

Saying all of that, I still love this fragrance & would love to purchase a replacement at some stage.

Its a sweet, subtle but very distinctive fragrance. I cant say ive ever come across anyone who doesnt like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by victorialynne

I got a sample of this from Sephora and I find this to be a very warm amber, vanilla and maybe ginger scent?! It starts out a little strong but settles into a nice average warm with a hint of spice fragrance that I think would be best worn during the fall/winter. Almost has that root beer thing happening (which I like). The bottle is adorable! It is a nice perfume, but I do not think I love it enough to purchase. I should also mention that this has great staying power!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by ark9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My all time favorite scent. Wen I was a little girly best friend's glamorous mother had a bottle of this on her vanity, and I've loved it since.

I started wearing this when I was 18 and it has served me well for several years. I like the scent immediately, but it comes into it's own when it has had time to blend with the skin. It then turns sweeter on me, while still not being a little girl perfume. My friends and I call the EDT "woman perfume" because of how it makes us feel!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this but it's not AMAZING! It's okay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

When this perfume first came out in 1993, I was a poor art school student in love with JPG's work. I remember going to Sak's the give it a sniff, only to be told that "they were out of samples". Determined to get my hands on this, my friend and I went back when a different sales girl was working. I went up to the counter with a fake British accent, going on and on about how fantastic this fragrance was. My friend went along with it, and what do you know, I got a sample. Oh, come on. We have all been a sample troll at some point. ;)

I now of course have my own bottle, and I still love it. It reminds me of a 1950's vanity table, topped with powders and potions and a lovely vase of flowers. Timeless.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No