Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

HEART: Ginger, Iris, Orange Blossom, Orchid, Plum, Ylang-Ylang
BASE: Amber, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do love the Classique EDT! Interestingly, the EDP is too much on my skin- I can't stand it. However, the EDT is one of my favorite perfumes and it smells wonderful. It has a warm combination of vanilla, amber and rose, and I disagree strongly that it has a "brash" or "old lady" smell. The trail is great too: distinct but not cloying.

Luckily I just got a new bottle in a swap, so I will be happily spraying once more. Most of Gautier's scents seem to click with my chemistry, but in a more gourmand way than anything else. That's not to say they're too sweet, because they're not in my opinion, but they all tend to have a rice pudding drydown. (Not a criticism... I like that!)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I don't see what the fuse is about over this perfume. It smelled like bug-spray to me, very expensive bug spray.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Okay....well I happen to like this on me. I find it to be a very, sexy and heedy scent. Other women like this on me as well because everytime I wear it they ask what I am wearing and tell me they love it. On the other hand....my fiance can't STAND this on me. Everytime I spray this he will say to me shortly after (not knowing this is what I have on), "What is up with you? You smell like a old lady!" Well, needless to say that kinda takes my love for this scent down quite a bit. I have a whole bottle almost still and I DO like it so I think I will wear this to work and surely will NOT wear this around him! Really sad because I was hoping he would find this as lovely as I do but he doesn't....

What a lovely fragrance,one that keeps you smelling your wrist,could be used in Autumn/Winter or maybe Spring. A bit too potent for hot summers. Love the bottle and staying power. A very sexy fragrance that people often comment on.

What is this stuff? It smells absolutely horrible and is headache inducing. I've never smelled anything like it. Like a stale lemon verbena weakened with toilet water. It also made me sneeze like crazy, which is strange as I never have bad reactions to perfume except to crinkle my nose in disgust and turn away violently.

I originally just bought a small bottle of this on ebay because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about (okay, and because I love the bottle). I wasn't really expecting to like it, since the reviews made it sound too brash for me. And yet, I've absolutely fallen in love!

To me, this perfume is femininity without the woman. It is an enhancement of a strong, graceful, and beautiful woman's scent. Since I have barely any sense of smell (perfumes are one of the few things I can smell at all), few perfumes actually stir up memories for me. Classique is exceptional in that regard.

Classique reminds me of a dressing room during a performance. This might sound like a criticism, but as a dancer I mean this in the best way possible. As you walk into the room, the smell of aerosol hairspray hits you and mingles with the light scent of stage makeup. Then you smell the powdery resin from the ballerina's shoes and even the sweet, warm 'glow' of dancers warming up. And later, as the show ends and the dancers go home, the smell of the old hardwood floors remains.

Needless to say, I will need to buy a larger bottle of this soon.

Love love love this perfume! like the EDT better than the EDP too. It is the type of scent where people walk past you and know instantly what you are wearing. It is also a man magnet - trust me ladies ;-).

Very nice, just don't over-spray it or you'll get a headache. 2 sprays last you a good 3-4 hours. Happy shopping!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Went shopping today, on the lookout for some Boxing Day bargains. This is one of my close friend's favourite perfumes, so when I saw it on sale I just had to sample it out of curiousity. Sprayed it on my wrist...and couldn't smell anything other than the cream I was wearing. I quickly realised this perfume smells exactly like Boots Sanctuary Mela Rose and Pistachio body butter, which I had slathered all over just before going out. They're both average scents, and a bit on the foody/sweet side, which I generally stay away from. I don't plan on buying the body butter again, and I certainly won't be purchasing a perfume that smells exactly like it.

It's funny how events can change the way you think of a fragrance. My boyfriend of 15 years bought me this for my birthday and i loved it instantly. During the course of a few months, a lot of ups and downs happened (including a 6 month split) and stopped wearing it. Now that we are back together, i really can't stand to put it on! However, it's not JPG's fault that my life is such a rollercoaster.
Classique is soft, woody, floral, sweet and powdery. It makes for a wonderful autumn/winter fragrance and i'm sure it would suit all ages. I don't agree with the 'old lady' view. I think it will remain an elegant classic for years to come. Maybe just not on me!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This fragrance did not have to grow on me - i loved it immediately.

I gave it a 4 star for packaging only because my pump does not work! I had a friend purchase this for me whilst on a trip to London. It was brand new, unopened & it did not work from day 1. It was the Limited Edition bottle with the Butterfly artwork so I didn't want to return it as I know it will oneday be a classic collectors item. I have managed to work out a way to get the fragrance out however it takes some work & therefore I dont wear it as much as I would like too.

Saying all of that, I still love this fragrance & would love to purchase a replacement at some stage.

Its a sweet, subtle but very distinctive fragrance. I cant say ive ever come across anyone who doesnt like it.

Popular Fragrances