August 1, 2014 | 1831 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by thubbard

I can't wait to use all this up because I want to try a different deodorant. I saw that a reviewer finally pointed out that this is a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant, so you are still going to sweat, it will just smell like apricots (or whatever scent you have) instead of body odor. The main thing I don't like about this is that is goes on pretty wet... so you kind of have to wait for it to dry before putting on clothes. I do feel like there are probably better ones out there though, like the Jason ones, which is what I plan on trying next.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by ZahavahsABeauty

I really wanted to love this product but OMG it burns soooooo bad. I have the apricot scented one and I loved the scent but after using it for about 2-3 days this horrible burning under my arms started. Guess I'll be going back to Teen Spirit!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by MMartha

I have sensitive underarm skin, I sweat a lot and have slight b.o. I was tired of using regular deodorants because they left residue in my clothes and most only controlled my b.o not my sweat so I went for this on the non scented version. I was exited to try it since its natural, aluminum free and doesn't test on animals. The deodorant did make my skin soft it didn't leave residue on clothes, but did not control my sweat and did nothing at all to control my b.o. Even before mid day I smelled like I hadn't even put on any deodorant. I recommend this to someone that doesn't have sweating problems or b.o. issues.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Commenting on the apricot version..

I really wanted to love this. I got it on sale and it wasn't much worse than buying Secret (which used to be my HG). Trying to find something natural and aluminum free that will actually work. I've been also using Arm and Hammer Naturals and I like it, but I wanted something else. I gave this a rating of 2 because I liked the apricot scent, but it ends there. Even from the first application, I had an issue with how badly it stings, and causes irritation with prolonged use. As much as I hated to, I ended up throwing away almost a few container - I just couldn't wear it. Guess I'll have to keep looking..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in unscented and it stings when I put it on after I shave and it makes me smellier than if I wore no deodorant at all, and its sticky. I am going to try the Arm & Hammer Naturals Deodorant next

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by vdvicci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm another one of those people who didn't want to worry about the chemicals in my deodorant, so I made the switch to Tom's. Only the "long-lasting" type worked for me. But I started to notice my armpits were itchier & more irritated than before I started using Tom's. Now, they have changed color. I will not be using this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by cerafina205

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to put this on at night and in the morning for it to work for me. For the most part, it works like any other deodorant. It dries kind of flaky which is okay during the winter because i'm not wearing tank tops. Im going to have to figure something out for summer though.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by MaNDiiB00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was so excited to try this product,Got this in unscented.. i was trying to find a cheaper alternative to Secret clinical waterproof! (HG) but sadly this did not work for me! I used it for 4 days and it gave me a huge cyst! =/ The first few days It lasted for a few hours and i noticed i wasn't smelling til later in the day. I did not like the sticky feeling either. Very disappointed =/

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by NewMagneticWonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the first month, I was so excited about this deodorant, for exactly all the reasons you'd expect. In addition to all the health stuff, I was really tired of discoloring the armpit area of my favorite shirts (can't afford to keep replacing them!), and I was also totally done with my old deodorant; I'd used it for so many years that I'd begun to associate the (strong! florally!) scent with BO - I literally could not tell the difference anymore. I loved that Tom's was natural, unscented, and effective. I could also actually get 24 hours of use of this, as advertised, even with my morning workouts falling upon hours 22-24 of use. Things were going great! I was considering buying a six-pack of these on Amazon.

And then, the rash.

Apparently, a red, peeling rash is a fairly common side-effect of this deodorant (google Tom's of Maine Deodorant - results 4 and 8 are "rash" and "peeling"). I didn't even notice the slight burning - type discomfort upon application, so I was pretty shocked when I looked into the mirror last night and saw the rash. Great. Now I'm stuck finding a new deodorant.

In summary: yes, this product works. But reactions are common. Use at your own risk.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by truffles1

I'm commenting on the Honeysuckle Rose version of this deodorant.
First of all, where's the honeysuckle?
We have a honeysuckle bush in the garden and the flowers smell dee-vine - this deodorant doesn't smell anything like honeysuckle and I bought it because I thought it would do.
OK - performance: Has anyone else noticed that a few minutes after applying this stuff to a clean dry armpit that it changes smell and absolutely STINKS?
I wonder if maybe it's the hops in it but it smells kind of vomity - euuchh!
Luckily, that smell wears away after a while and I'll give this 4 stars as I would buy it again as, for a 'natural' deodorant, it performs comparitively well in BO staving off terms.
Think I'd try a different smell version though....