November 24, 2014 | 2041 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by lalaladylauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This deodorant is the pits (har dee har har). I've been a longtime user of the Dove clinical protection deodorant, but I let my mom talk me into using the Tom's "Naturally Dry" Deodorant that promises 24 hours of wetness protection. The first time I wore it, I wore a black sweater, and the fuzz clung to my armpits. That should have been a warning sign to ditch this deodorant immediately, but I continued with various methods of application: once at night, again in the morning. However, by the end of a six hour work shift I end up smelling as though I haven't bothered to put on deodorant at all.

The only redeeming qualities are that the scent ("natural powder") is subtle and not overpowering the way many other deodorants are, and that Tom's is a cruelty free brand. Shame that you can't recycle the container, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by nguyen8733

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I wanted something natural. Doesn't work at all, in fact it smelled worst but in a different way.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Stare_Girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Terrible, didn't do anything but make my under-arms sticky. Very disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by bibliozona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I try and use more natural options, and since I live in Phoenix, I expect to sweat. I am ashamed to admit I've used this product for years, and have finally accepted that Tom's of Maine deodorant gives me nasty BO worse than any natural BO I've ever had. I would come home from work - I work in a Library, not real high stress - and would just reek of BO. It clung to my clothes, even through washing with bleach/baking soda/vinegar, etc. It did not occur to me to use baking soda on myself - but I did that a week ago and am amazed. I am a do-it-yourself type, and I looked up some homemade deodorant recipes. I mixed up a batch of all natural, inexpensive, and effective deodorant, and I am very pleased. My clothes don't smell. I don't smell. It's hard for me to admit that I was wrong - I am so the typical "Tom's" customer - but something about this deodorant - and I've used every scent they have in my quest for smell-free pits - does not work for me, and gave me awful BO.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by thubbard

I can't wait to use all this up because I want to try a different deodorant. I saw that a reviewer finally pointed out that this is a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant, so you are still going to sweat, it will just smell like apricots (or whatever scent you have) instead of body odor. The main thing I don't like about this is that is goes on pretty wet... so you kind of have to wait for it to dry before putting on clothes. I do feel like there are probably better ones out there though, like the Jason ones, which is what I plan on trying next.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by ZahavahsABeauty

I really wanted to love this product but OMG it burns soooooo bad. I have the apricot scented one and I loved the scent but after using it for about 2-3 days this horrible burning under my arms started. Guess I'll be going back to Teen Spirit!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by MMartha

I have sensitive underarm skin, I sweat a lot and have slight b.o. I was tired of using regular deodorants because they left residue in my clothes and most only controlled my b.o not my sweat so I went for this on the non scented version. I was exited to try it since its natural, aluminum free and doesn't test on animals. The deodorant did make my skin soft it didn't leave residue on clothes, but did not control my sweat and did nothing at all to control my b.o. Even before mid day I smelled like I hadn't even put on any deodorant. I recommend this to someone that doesn't have sweating problems or b.o. issues.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Commenting on the apricot version..

I really wanted to love this. I got it on sale and it wasn't much worse than buying Secret (which used to be my HG). Trying to find something natural and aluminum free that will actually work. I've been also using Arm and Hammer Naturals and I like it, but I wanted something else. I gave this a rating of 2 because I liked the apricot scent, but it ends there. Even from the first application, I had an issue with how badly it stings, and causes irritation with prolonged use. As much as I hated to, I ended up throwing away almost a few container - I just couldn't wear it. Guess I'll have to keep looking..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in unscented and it stings when I put it on after I shave and it makes me smellier than if I wore no deodorant at all, and its sticky. I am going to try the Arm & Hammer Naturals Deodorant next

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by vdvicci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm another one of those people who didn't want to worry about the chemicals in my deodorant, so I made the switch to Tom's. Only the "long-lasting" type worked for me. But I started to notice my armpits were itchier & more irritated than before I started using Tom's. Now, they have changed color. I will not be using this product again.