October 30, 2014 | 1677 users online

Powder - NARS - Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by addiegodwin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love NARS. It leaves a nice finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by akamariabella

I was using a different product that went into serious backorder issues (like 6 months) - so I decided to try NARS after reading many, many reviews.

And I have to say - I prefer the NARS. I am back to using the other product as I just got it and it is expensive as hell - but I really do actually prefer the NARS. Once the other runs out - I am back to NARS!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

NARS really does no wrong......with that said I am just getting into their products in the last few months. This powder foundation is pricey at $45, but I liked it. This powder is a light to medium coverage but doesn't control the oil in my t-zone very well. I wear Syracuse which is actually a shade and a half lighter, but will be pretty in the summer. So you can wear one shade all year. I apply it with a powder brush and wear the NARS Primer with SPF underneath. I like the color, matches nicely so because of that I will continue to wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I use the Desert shade. I hate NARS liquid foundation, but I quiet like their pressed powder foundation. This shade is one of the best match powder foundation I've got in my collection, most are either too light or way too dark for me.
I like how this is more of yellow base/tone, it sets my liquid foundation very well. Blends very well, doesn't look cakey (but then that depends on how heavy you apply it), doesn't look dry or oily, and very durable.
This is a very matte foundation, so if your looking for that glowing/dewy sort of finish, then its best to avoid this.
I think the best thing about NARS foundation, whether it is liquid or powder, their shades are very suitable for asian skin, the shades tend to all have yellow base/undertones, which for me is awesome because it matches me better then any other brand of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ninads

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the Syracuse Matt Foundation in Nars which I really like. I find it really hard to find a foundation to match my skin colour as it is very unique and the Syracuse is a really good match. May be slightly on the dark side if anything but too close to note.

So I wanted to try the Nars powder and was suggested to get the Syracuse.

I now use it more as a bronzer as the colour is too dark. It is really hard to find the right colour as in Australia we don't have the full range and when looking it up on the internet it's hard to tell which colour is the next one lighter.

I would definately buy this powder again if I can find the right colour however I am using it to add a bit of colour on my face in summer and it is really beautiful.

It has enough coverage too which I find is hard to find in other brands as most "powders" claim to be used on their owen however are way too sheer. e.g. Stilla

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It's a matte, yellow based foundation, with medium to full coverage. It doesn't look powdery on me, and it also has a silky finish. NARS and Dior would have to be on my top list of foundations. I bought this in the color TAHOE, and it matches my skin color better than NC40 of MAC. I noticed whenever I use MAC, it seems like I'm too pale and washed out, or maybe the NC40 color is just too light for me now. I don't think I'll be going back to MAC anymore when it comes to foundation. So I'm very happy with my purchase. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Coverage is too light for me. Might be better as a touch up powder or for people who don't need much to cover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel like I paid an awful lot for this for not much product. As far as the product itself goes, I was really expecting more of a medium-to-full buildable coverage, and I got more of a light-to-medium coverage. This does have a tendency to cake a little as the day goes on if you have oily skin. This was not my favorite of powder products, so I don't think I will repurchase. I use it as a setting powder over liquid foundations now, and I think I prefer a translucent powder instead of this, but I feel like I need to use it up since it was so expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by corinnemariexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I thought this would have more coverage considering they call it a powder foundation. It's very sheer and if your skin is the least bit dry, it will show. This is WAY too expensive for the quality, I think a drugstore powder would be better and provide more coverage than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by mollysarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product did not work well for my oily, combination skin. It seemed to accentuate the dry areas. The powder was finely milled, but did not blend well and left my skin patchy.