April 19, 2014 | 980 users online

Powder - NARS - Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ninads

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the Syracuse Matt Foundation in Nars which I really like. I find it really hard to find a foundation to match my skin colour as it is very unique and the Syracuse is a really good match. May be slightly on the dark side if anything but too close to note.

So I wanted to try the Nars powder and was suggested to get the Syracuse.

I now use it more as a bronzer as the colour is too dark. It is really hard to find the right colour as in Australia we don't have the full range and when looking it up on the internet it's hard to tell which colour is the next one lighter.

I would definately buy this powder again if I can find the right colour however I am using it to add a bit of colour on my face in summer and it is really beautiful.

It has enough coverage too which I find is hard to find in other brands as most "powders" claim to be used on their owen however are way too sheer. e.g. Stilla

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It's a matte, yellow based foundation, with medium to full coverage. It doesn't look powdery on me, and it also has a silky finish. NARS and Dior would have to be on my top list of foundations. I bought this in the color TAHOE, and it matches my skin color better than NC40 of MAC. I noticed whenever I use MAC, it seems like I'm too pale and washed out, or maybe the NC40 color is just too light for me now. I don't think I'll be going back to MAC anymore when it comes to foundation. So I'm very happy with my purchase. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Coverage is too light for me. Might be better as a touch up powder or for people who don't need much to cover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel like I paid an awful lot for this for not much product. As far as the product itself goes, I was really expecting more of a medium-to-full buildable coverage, and I got more of a light-to-medium coverage. This does have a tendency to cake a little as the day goes on if you have oily skin. This was not my favorite of powder products, so I don't think I will repurchase. I use it as a setting powder over liquid foundations now, and I think I prefer a translucent powder instead of this, but I feel like I need to use it up since it was so expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by corinnemariexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I thought this would have more coverage considering they call it a powder foundation. It's very sheer and if your skin is the least bit dry, it will show. This is WAY too expensive for the quality, I think a drugstore powder would be better and provide more coverage than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by mollysarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product did not work well for my oily, combination skin. It seemed to accentuate the dry areas. The powder was finely milled, but did not blend well and left my skin patchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is definitely the powder foundation I am looking for. Stay on for over 10 hours no matter in a freezing cold snow days or 100-degree humid tropical days. Also, it looks just natural like I am born with such a nice skin. I always love the texture of Nars pressed-powder products and this one is not en exception. Smooth application and no challenging to blend for quick makeup. One thing I must mention, Sweden is the BEST shade I've ever have for my fair Asian skin. The only thing I don't like about this foundation is that I can only buy the shade online and cannot purchase the refill alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by LilMizz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this a setting powder and in that respect this has been an absolute miracle product for me. I always have trouble with liquid foundations because of my oily skin. They never last more than 2 or 3 hours, they melt off and go patchy and make me look like a monster by the end of the day. My skin literally repels all foundation.

I dont use this as a foundation though, because the coverage is minimal. I'd say sheer to medium at most. It also ISNT particularly long wearing! And Ive noticed a tendency to get a little more shiny with this after an hour or two. However... I absolutely *love* it because for us olive girls who have a choice of maybe 2 or 3 foundations in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE of foundations, this is another option on our list. Stromboli is literally perfect for me. It looks so natural on me! And no matter how often I reapply or how much I pile on it looks like NATURAL SKIN.

It oxidizes ever so slightly but not so I turn orange or 3 shades too dark like most liquid foundations (yes you MAC!). For reference my closest general MAC shade is NC37 but that is really orange on me so I normally have to get NW35, but my true colour would be C40 in Studio Fix powder and 153 in MUFE HD. In other words, I have a medium deep olive complexion. A strange thing I noticed is that even though Stromboli is perfect in the powder foundation, its a little too light for me in the liquid variations, why they do that, I dont know.

This is heaven because it is perfect for us oily girls who have difficulties keeping make up from sliding off. I can cake this over and over my foundation all day and it NEVER LOOKS CAKEY! I used to have to re-powder about a dozen times to keep my liquid foundation from sliding off. Now I just use this. It totally refreshes my make up (NARS Sheer Glow) without adding layers, because it is so light in texture it doesnt feel or look like you're putting anything on. It covers the fading areas and re-blends all your foundation together again. This has made a full working shift bearable for me! I actually have my work colleagues approaching me half way through the day (after Ive touched up with this) complimenting my radiant skin :-)

I love the chunky compact and its mirror. When Im hunting through my big bag for this its so fat its always easy for me to find. It probably wont fit in a regular cosmetic bag though! I use the sponge when im in a rush, I just smear on as much as possible lol! Because its impossible for this to make me a cakeface and because its so sheer it doesnt do any damage to your skin. It just re-sets my liquid foundation and fills-in-the-gaps so to speak. Its wonderful. And for an added bonus it has sunscreen (minimal though tbh).

A lippie off because of the poor lasting power (In a 9 hour shift I touch up about 3 times - not cool). And also I think it makes me more oily after a while :-(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by HelloKittyHun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice powder foundation. I have the one in Santa Fe, and I really like it! It gives a very light, very natural look to my face. I'm not one to wear very heavy foundation and this one is perfect for sweeping over liquid foundation or just on it's own to even out your skin tone. It mattifies my face a little (since I'm quite oily on my nose) and it just looks so natural! I apply it with my Ecotools powder brush all over my face and it just evens out some redness and just makes my skin look more polished. Very pricey though at $45. But I would say it's worth it. It has a mirror and a sponge that comes with it, but I don't like to use the sponges for sanitary purposes. The packaging with many other NARS products, is very durable but I find that it's kinda bulky and a little cumbersome looking. That's why I gave a 4/5 for packaging. The SPF 12 in here is also a plus!
I would totally recommend this and re-purchase this :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by c2yoshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this product in Fiji to use as a powder foundation. It was relatively good, but the coverage was a little light for me and the color was a little dark for me at the time. I used it for a while, but stopped at some point and it had been sitting in my drawer for a few months.

I just started trying out Sheer Glow foundation (which I'm really liking) & the NARS Loose Powder, and the SA for NARS told me that they actually recommend their Powder Foundation for touching up, but only when used with a powder brush. Since I was originally matched up with Fiji in Sheer Glow (I'm now using Ceylan with almost perfect results), I decided to dig out my powder foundation. I've been using it to touch up maybe 2-3 times during the day after blotting, applying the powder with my Ecotools Retractable Kabuki Brush (which is a great brush: super soft, no shedding, convenient to bring in your bag). It's not too heavy and w/the brush, I don't get a large deposit of color on my face. It's been helping absorb my oil a bit, too.

So if the powder foundation hasn't been working out too well as a foundation, try it as a touch up powder or even a setting powder. I know a lot of people do the same w/MAC Studio Fix powder, so it shouldn't be any different w/NARS Powder Foundation as well. Also I think it's nice that you can order refills for this so you don't have to buy an entirely new compact; plus the refill is $10 cheaper!