September 18, 2014 | 1788 users online

Highlighters - Stila - All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by radarlove

This is a great luminizer that is easy to apply to areas of your face that need a bit of a lift. The formula is cool and smooth to apply, and it leaves just a slight shimmer. It gives a great dewey look for summer. I usually dab some on my cheeks and temples, but I'm going to try my browbone and my nose next!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a very generous sample sachet of this with an order from sephora.com, and I must say that I'm extremely impressed. It's the most natural-looking highlighter I've ever used, period - the shimmer isn't too over-the-top, and there's no glitter whatsoever, just a pretty white-gold glow. I used it on the browbone with UD Maui Wowie on the lid and Smog in the crease, and it was gorgeous. I looked very awake, even though my eyes were rather bloodshot and dark circled before I put on makeup. I don't love the nail-polish style bottle with wide mouth, but it's not much of a problem as long as I open it carefully.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2007 2:01:00 AM More reviews by star2007

I bought a bottle of this and have basically put it on the backburner because it makes me look a little Tin Man-ish. I like the product well enough and the packaging is cute but it's just not the right color for me.

It comes in a bottle similar to nail polish but bigger. The cap contains a little brush to dab on the product wherever you want it. It's not the most sanitary thing in the world. Considering I would only put this on my cheekbones and maybe my brow bone, it is a huge amount of product for $20. I know that there were other colors in the past, so I'm not sure why they only have this color now. I think a diluted version might be better but I know some girls just mix in with their liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer.

Similar highlighting products include Benefit High Beam and Moon Beam and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. I believe Prescriptives and Clinique also have a liquid version out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would buy it (again) tho right now I'm using a Sephora sample. I'm not one for highlighters, generally, but this one I really love because somehow - even tho it's gold - it looks really natural on my NC20ish, yellow-toned skin. (This is what I *thought* GA FluidSheer #10 would be like, but on my skin the GA is too dark & can only be used for "sculpting." Meh.) Anyhow, I draw a light line of the Stila #3 right down the center of my nose, and PRESTO - what a perfectly straight nose I have. When the light hits it, there's a natural gleam (truly!) that just ends up making my nose look really perfect. I've also dabbed just a touch across the top of each cheekbone & that, too, is a lovely, and realistic, look. If you're looking for a natural golden gleam, this is it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by jrg72285

This is a good highlighter. I definitely like the liquid better than the powder formula. The gold looks good at night on my fair, pink toned skin, but the #2 pink shade looks much more natural. I like the sample size packages, but the full size glass bottles are very heavy and a little bulky. Overall, this is a good product, and would recommend this to anyone that likes a highlighter that is a little more noticeable that something that's "natural"

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by idyllick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have so many luminizers and liquid highlighters that i when i was cleaning out my makeup case i decided to give this one away to my lil sis. After careful deliberation i realized i just couldnt part with it. Of all my highlighters this is the only one i must carry with me in the makeup bag. It is a great sparkly shimmer, not too glittery and not tan or bronzy at all. It blends into my skin perfectly and i luv it. the brush is much more convenient than the pump style of alot of highlighters, it allows you to dab it right where you want it:) i also mix it with my moisterizer or wear it under blush. I dont wear foundation and i really like the way this stuff makes my skin glow & sparkle. Will def. repurchase. Yay stila.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by BWell

It's not my favorite highlighter. It doesn't show properly on my skin, all I can see is glitter. Maybe it doesn't work because I'm fair with some yellow undertone.
If it worked I wouldn't be expensive because I can see it lasting for a long tim even using daily.
I'm giving it to my sister.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2007 3:41:00 AM More reviews by iheartbunnies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This didn't do anything for me at all. Maybe my skin is too pale for it to show up, but I just could not see any difference at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 11:00:00 PM More reviews by luxliving

I agree with the last poster. This product is wonderful! I am African American and am a medium brown color and this gives my skin a beautiful glow. I get so many compliments on my skin. People don't think I'm wearing anything...lol. I also use this with my bare minerals products (warmth is a bronzer of sorts, and I also use the tinted mineral veil)--the result is perfect skin. I love that people don't believe I'm wearing makeup. I use this product on my cheeks, tip of nose, browbone and sometimes I highlight my eyewbrows with it (right beneath). I now love Stila!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2007 7:21:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

This was one of my free samples in my last Sephora order. I think this is a really nice luminizer. Don't go overboard with this though - just a bit on the cheekbones and browbones is sufficient to get that glowy, dewey look. I would like to try this in the peach color next for summer.