July 30, 2014 | 1082 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by somedancer125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I happened to get this product with one other Burt's Bees tinted lip balm at Wegmans for under two dollars. I normally don't like Burt's Bees lip balm because of the minty feel. Nor do I care for tinted lip balms because I find they don't even tint my lips. However, for a Burt's Bees and tinted lip balm this product is amazing! The color pay off in 'fig' is almost like a sheer lip stick and not a tinted lip balm. I have only had a problem with the minty feel when it has been cold and windy, but I can deal for the color pay off.

I knocked off one lippie because of the minty feel.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Rotna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the Lip Shimmer in the shade 'Champagne' as a Christmas pressie. I have to say that the shade doesn't suit me well at all (this shade is light/frosty shimmer-ish).
The lip balm is VERY minty- which is something people tend to either love or loathe! Personally I'm not a fan of lip balms that has that minty tingling sensation, it just gets a little too toothpaste-ish for my taste! :)
My lips don't appear any softer after having used this balm, so I'll stick to my old ones instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by jodiebug22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love this product in watermelon and guava. My favs. I have one in every handbag and use them in the afternoon when my lippy has worn off. Gives great colour while making my lips soft. A must have!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ohthatskatherine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this product in champagne. It is just glitter in a stick form. It doesn't feel super pleasant on the lips and it feels almost gritty. Definitely not something for someone who has dry lips. The only thing I like is the mint smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by squirrelyhell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these. I own several of them, and my favorites are Cherry, Fig, Rhubarb, Papaya, and Nutmeg. I'm not a fan of the frostier pinks like Watermelon and Guava, but maybe they'd look good on you! I really wanted to love Raisin, but it's so opaque that it looks streaky and uneven on my lips no matter what I do. They leave a nice minty sensation and scent behind when applied, are hydrating and long-wearing, and many of the shades are very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by ammyyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is like literally the best thing ever. i'm almost obsessed with lip products and i love this so much ! it looks really sparkly, shimmery and pretty and it moisturizes my lips! it feels like carmex or burt's bees normal lip products where it feels like your lips are sort of minty. (i have the champagne one) (:

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by owl123

Ok so I absolutely love these lip shimmers they have a great minty smell and feel, they give you a great color and stay on pretty long, the include Vitamin E and Beeswax, Sunflower and Coconut Oils. It comes in 12 shades so you have allot to choose from i have light-med skin so the champagne, fig,guava,peony are my favorites! the only thing is they are like $5 a piece and they are thinner that a chap-stick! so i didn't like that but sometime you can buy the gift set and you get like a 3pack at target for 9.99

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by keilexandra

Ever since I found Clinique's Chubby Sticks, I've been hunting for a sheer tinted lip balm product. Sadly the chubby sticks dry out and chap my lips, as do most other drugstore and department store products I've tried (Revlon Lip Butters, Revlon Kissable Lip Stain + Balm, Clinique Almost Lipstick, Lancome L'Absolu Rouge). The others I've tried all have great reviews for moisture, so maybe it's just my personal skin chemistry. Burt's Bees original lip balm works really well for my lips--which aren't naturally dry but do dry out extremely easily once I apply any product to them--so I figured I would give their tinted versions a try. The tinted lip balm was almost colorless on my pigmented lips, so I exchanged for the lip shimmer figuring that I had nothing to lose.

And WOW! I love this stuff. I adore the minty tingling (the reason I got addicted to the original lip balm in the first place) and the color payoff in Rhubarb is great. Best of all, as the lip balm wears off it does NOT dry out my lips, which is more than I can say for all of the other lipstick+balm products I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by SkinCareAficionado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

You can't fault these. They give great colour, the colour they give is vibrant and uplifting, it lasts. Not too many large or childish 'sparkles' just a subtle gleam - they don't leave the lips dewy just vibrant, if you want dewy use their new ones. These also last more than the new tinted balms they have (the new ones come in a cute cardboard black tube, they are brilliant too but the colour doesn't last as long as they are waxy). These have just the right amount of moisture but if you want more you could apply another Burts Bees Balm underneath. Great all natural ingredients, cheap, packaging twists up well, large selection of colours for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by jennarock11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absaloutely in love. Bought these on a whim in ulta, and i think that might have been the best decision of my life....ok so not literally but you know what i mean. I bought the shades watermelon and some other reallly light pink one. I love them. The lighter one you have to be careful with because if you smear it all over your lips the color is like BAM!! so yeah. But the colors are all gorgeous and they actually stay on for a while! that really made me happy. so yeah I would absaloutely buy these again and I know i will.