Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 3/2/2013 10:17:00 AM

I bought the Watermelon color; don't be mislead by that name. It is a soft medium-colored pink...darker than mauve, lighter than plum. It works very well with my very fair skin and has just the right amount of shine. The only reason I'm giving 4 lippies instead of 5 is due to the kind of overpowering peppermint scent and it also sort of tingles your lips a bit. I can overlook those qualities due to the fact that it is made from natural ingredients (contains no phthalates or parabens).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently threw out all my make up and went to all natural products. I picked this up in raisin on a hunch and I am glad I did. It's a great natural lipstick replacement. Love the mint feel, love how I can control the color density, don't love the dryness. Raisin happens to compliment my complexion and blue eyes very well and works great for all occasions. I may try other colors later. For now, I love using this for every day. I docked a lippy for sort if cheap packaging. My balm won't twist down. Just up. And I feel like it's a little on the pricey side.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I happened to get this product with one other Burt's Bees tinted lip balm at Wegmans for under two dollars. I normally don't like Burt's Bees lip balm because of the minty feel. Nor do I care for tinted lip balms because I find they don't even tint my lips. However, for a Burt's Bees and tinted lip balm this product is amazing! The color pay off in 'fig' is almost like a sheer lip stick and not a tinted lip balm. I have only had a problem with the minty feel when it has been cold and windy, but I can deal for the color pay off.

I knocked off one lippie because of the minty feel.

on 1/4/2013 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I got the Lip Shimmer in the shade 'Champagne' as a Christmas pressie. I have to say that the shade doesn't suit me well at all (this shade is light/frosty shimmer-ish).
The lip balm is VERY minty- which is something people tend to either love or loathe! Personally I'm not a fan of lip balms that has that minty tingling sensation, it just gets a little too toothpaste-ish for my taste! :)
My lips don't appear any softer after having used this balm, so I'll stick to my old ones instead.

on 12/23/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Love love love this product in watermelon and guava. My favs. I have one in every handbag and use them in the afternoon when my lippy has worn off. Gives great colour while making my lips soft. A must have!

I have this product in champagne. It is just glitter in a stick form. It doesn't feel super pleasant on the lips and it feels almost gritty. Definitely not something for someone who has dry lips. The only thing I like is the mint smell.

on 12/14/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this is like literally the best thing ever. i'm almost obsessed with lip products and i love this so much ! it looks really sparkly, shimmery and pretty and it moisturizes my lips! it feels like carmex or burt's bees normal lip products where it feels like your lips are sort of minty. (i have the champagne one) (:

on 9/27/2012 12:48:00 PM

Ok so I absolutely love these lip shimmers they have a great minty smell and feel, they give you a great color and stay on pretty long, the include Vitamin E and Beeswax, Sunflower and Coconut Oils. It comes in 12 shades so you have allot to choose from i have light-med skin so the champagne, fig,guava,peony are my favorites! the only thing is they are like $5 a piece and they are thinner that a chap-stick! so i didn't like that but sometime you can buy the gift set and you get like a 3pack at target for 9.99

on 8/7/2012 7:22:00 PM

Ever since I found Clinique's Chubby Sticks, I've been hunting for a sheer tinted lip balm product. Sadly the chubby sticks dry out and chap my lips, as do most other drugstore and department store products I've tried (Revlon Lip Butters, Revlon Kissable Lip Stain + Balm, Clinique Almost Lipstick, Lancome L'Absolu Rouge). The others I've tried all have great reviews for moisture, so maybe it's just my personal skin chemistry. Burt's Bees original lip balm works really well for my lips--which aren't naturally dry but do dry out extremely easily once I apply any product to them--so I figured I would give their tinted versions a try. The tinted lip balm was almost colorless on my pigmented lips, so I exchanged for the lip shimmer figuring that I had nothing to lose.

And WOW! I love this stuff. I adore the minty tingling (the reason I got addicted to the original lip balm in the first place) and the color payoff in Rhubarb is great. Best of all, as the lip balm wears off it does NOT dry out my lips, which is more than I can say for all of the other lipstick+balm products I've tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

You can't fault these. They give great colour, the colour they give is vibrant and uplifting, it lasts. Not too many large or childish 'sparkles' just a subtle gleam - they don't leave the lips dewy just vibrant, if you want dewy use their new ones. These also last more than the new tinted balms they have (the new ones come in a cute cardboard black tube, they are brilliant too but the colour doesn't last as long as they are waxy). These have just the right amount of moisture but if you want more you could apply another Burts Bees Balm underneath. Great all natural ingredients, cheap, packaging twists up well, large selection of colours for everyday.

Recommended for Medium Skin