Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 5/22/2013 11:56:00 PM

Have ran out, and lost, and bought these consistently thru the years.
My colors are Fig and Plum.
A blonde at work buys the real light pink and it looks so natural.
Taste fine, how long they last? Not too bad as when the color and shimmer wear off, there is still a hint of light stain, especially with Plum.
The End.

on 5/16/2013 5:52:00 PM

I am always on the lookout for natural products that will not cause issues for my sensitive skin. I really like these lip shimmers as they are highly pigmented and can be blotted with toilet paper and gloss applied over for a natural sheer look, which I prefer. Some of the shades are odd but they can be mixed together to create a new shade which I like to do. Nice to have in your bag for a quick natural pick me up!

on 4/11/2013 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

They're okay. I have one in Rhubarb, a mauvey red. It's fairly pigmented, does last for quite some time, and leave a nice satiny finish. However, these are not hydrating at all. As per usual, with a product that contains beeswax as one of the first five ingredients, it locks in moisture rather than providing it. It has a sharp peppermint smell, which I don't mind at all, but some will hate. Mine won't twist down unless I put my finger on it and gently push down while I'm twisting. Overall, I will not be repurchasing simply because they're not hydrating. I do like the color selection though.

on 3/13/2013 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This is the only lip color I use. I have dry lips & this is moisturizing. I have the Cherry, Rhubarb & Raisin colors. It even stays on during my hour long yoga/pilates class in the swimming pool. Can't beat the price at $4.99!

on 3/2/2013 10:17:00 AM

I bought the Watermelon color; don't be mislead by that name. It is a soft medium-colored pink...darker than mauve, lighter than plum. It works very well with my very fair skin and has just the right amount of shine. The only reason I'm giving 4 lippies instead of 5 is due to the kind of overpowering peppermint scent and it also sort of tingles your lips a bit. I can overlook those qualities due to the fact that it is made from natural ingredients (contains no phthalates or parabens).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently threw out all my make up and went to all natural products. I picked this up in raisin on a hunch and I am glad I did. It's a great natural lipstick replacement. Love the mint feel, love how I can control the color density, don't love the dryness. Raisin happens to compliment my complexion and blue eyes very well and works great for all occasions. I may try other colors later. For now, I love using this for every day. I docked a lippy for sort if cheap packaging. My balm won't twist down. Just up. And I feel like it's a little on the pricey side.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I happened to get this product with one other Burt's Bees tinted lip balm at Wegmans for under two dollars. I normally don't like Burt's Bees lip balm because of the minty feel. Nor do I care for tinted lip balms because I find they don't even tint my lips. However, for a Burt's Bees and tinted lip balm this product is amazing! The color pay off in 'fig' is almost like a sheer lip stick and not a tinted lip balm. I have only had a problem with the minty feel when it has been cold and windy, but I can deal for the color pay off.

I knocked off one lippie because of the minty feel.

on 1/4/2013 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I got the Lip Shimmer in the shade 'Champagne' as a Christmas pressie. I have to say that the shade doesn't suit me well at all (this shade is light/frosty shimmer-ish).
The lip balm is VERY minty- which is something people tend to either love or loathe! Personally I'm not a fan of lip balms that has that minty tingling sensation, it just gets a little too toothpaste-ish for my taste! :)
My lips don't appear any softer after having used this balm, so I'll stick to my old ones instead.

on 12/23/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Love love love this product in watermelon and guava. My favs. I have one in every handbag and use them in the afternoon when my lippy has worn off. Gives great colour while making my lips soft. A must have!

I have this product in champagne. It is just glitter in a stick form. It doesn't feel super pleasant on the lips and it feels almost gritty. Definitely not something for someone who has dry lips. The only thing I like is the mint smell.

Recommended for Medium Skin