L'Oreal Colour Riche in Fairest Nude

on 12/18/2013 7:56:00 AM

I have several different types of nude lipsticks. I love to use it when my eye/check colors are darker more dramatic or it's one of my "no makeup" days or I'm just being lazy. My NW25 skin has the darnedest habit of changing lipstick colors and I wanted a more pinky nude to add to my collection. This one does it at a pretty good price.

The consistency is heavy and it does have the old fashioned "lipstick" smell my mother and Grandmother dealt with so if that is an issue for you, try another Revlon formula or go to the higher end Mac line. The smell does go away but it is pretty strong. I do swipe it on my lips from the tube but if I want a lighter application I either dab it on with my finger, use a lip balm underneath, use a lip brush and/or my "MoJo" gloss "pixie" on top which really helps tone it soften it up . For me I do get more of a pink nude tone so color does not change on me. Packaging is functional plastic but sturdy and if you click it shut it will not open in your bag and coat everything and ruin the lippy. Staying power is about average and of course you need to re-apply after eating and drinking, especially with it being nude.

I do have lipstick queens sheer nude from the butterfly collection , my nude gloss from a indy company here in Chicago and one of UD Revolution nudes, but for the price, this isn't a bad nude especially if you need something quick it's available at the drug store down the street . Yep I'll keep it on hand.

on 12/17/2013 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I don't know if I bought the wrong type of lipstick or something, but I just did not like this lipstick.
The shade was very lovely, but when I kept the lipstick on after a while, I saw that the lipstick started to seep into the lines of my lips, making me look tired and gross...
It also felt like I had to put extra effort to apply this on. My lips were being dragged.
I noticed that my lips looked a bit dry after a while, so I tried to apply more, which made it worse.

on 12/10/2013 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is ALMOST the perfect nude shade. It's just a hair too pink and a hair too dark for me. Other than that, it's gorgeous. It's soo creamy and moisturizing and lasts for quite a long time. The other thing that bothers me a little is the scent, but it's not offensive at all once applied to the lips.

Oh my gosh.. I love the color and formula of this product.... It's slightly full coverage and creamy as anything. The color is the perfect blend of a cool toned pink and nude. The smell is old school l'oreal and for the price is an almost dupe for MAC cosmetics lipstick in Honeylove... Fairest nude is a bit pinker. I have purchased three tubes of this baby now and have one ready to be my backup if this shade is ever discontinued. If I should start a blog for swatches and include this shade please let me know! I hope that help!

on 11/3/2013 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm trying really hard to like this lipstick. I typically opt for a beige colored nude, so I knew the pink tones in this lipstick would be a (very small) step out of my neutral colored comfort zone. Like many of the other reviewers with warm skin, the color looks a bit too light and somehow grayish on my lips. I don't think it's very flattering on me at all.

I do like the formula of the lipstick, though. It's smooth and moisturizing, neither too matte nor too glossy. The scent doesn't bother me. Overall not a bad product. I'll probably try mixing it with a warmer color.

on 11/2/2013 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've actually a browny beige complexion and I love this color! I have no idea why as for sure it is a little light for me...but the lovely feeling of moisture on my lips and the way it actually makes them look bigger I adore! It is not as wonderful as my Revlon's Super Lustorous Line sticks, yet not as chalky as Essence, so somewhere in between. Who knew I could even pull it off??...but I do get compliments when I wear it. I also love the packaging as it is sleek and if desperate for a mirror, there is a tiny reflection on the top of the tube. I think it would look nice on most women regardless of their complexion, depending on if you layer it a lot, or even just as a mixture with something else. For example, in the summer I ll coat my lips with Fairest Nude first, then top it off with Maybelline (purple) Baby Lips. I will re-purchase and just know to never buy anything lighter as this is afterall, my "fairest" lip product color indeed!! Lovely packaging, decent price, lots of product and nice hydration.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

On my NC20 skin this is definate dusty rose color. The smell is also WAY too much. Strong baby powder scent

on 10/17/2013 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I love a nude lip, but this was too light for me. I am tan with yellow undertones and this was too cool toned for me. It was a light pink/grey on my lips. The lipstick was not very moisturizing, very waxy. But can be fixed with balm/gloss.

I now mix it with a warmer color. If you have light and or cool skin then this lipstick is better for you than I.

One thing I really like about this lipstick, is that "lipstick smell"! Its very strong! A person may not like it, but I absolutely love it.

on 10/16/2013 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Wow a drugstore lipstick that I like!

The color is surprisingly sophisticated and it's a nude that does not wash me out because it's slightly pinkish. Don't care for the smell reminds me of Chanel nor the taste which is gross. It's not too dry or moisturizing IMO but then again I'm used to Nars' very dry lipsticks. The tube packaging including the etch in the lipstick is nice considering the price.

on 9/18/2013 1:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I wish more lipsticks came in square tubes like these L'Oreals. It doesn't roll away when I drop it and lines up nicely in my makeup box. Love the color. Wayne Goss from those youtube makeup tutorials said to wear a nude lipstick one shade lighter than your lips so you won't look washed out. This pretty much is that color for me. Pretty, pale nude pink without being bright or muddy. I actually like the fragrance in this lipstick line.

Popular Lipsticks