September 21, 2014 | 1960 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avon - Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by cassie4mark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am OBSESSED with the scent and feel of this... I love to apply it.. Other reviews have described the scent as "vinegary old socks" so I must be insane... smells nutty-herbal-marshmellow to me though.

Unfortunately I can't really say what it's doing for my skin though since I'm using about 500 products at the moment trying to get my acne under control. Once I get my regimen narrowed down though I would love to continue using this. Since they aren't listed on the website I emailed Avon to get the ingredients. I'm going to send them another email to find out the percentage of glycolic acid so I'll update when I find out.

WATER

MAY CONTAIN:
    CARAMEL

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by jules007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG! II've used it for a month and my skin feels and looks so glowy! t makes your skin soft, smooth and even-toned. It's a gel-based glycolic treatment that you should follow-up with moisturizer. LOVE THIS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 8:17:00 PM More reviews by kmkssm

I have waited approx 5 weeks before reviewing this product, I wanted enough time to see what if anything happened. This is a very rich, thick cream. It goes on like silk, very moisturizing so not for oily skin. This is a product for mature, aging skin and it works well for this girl. My skin was good to begin with but even better now. I had some redness on the cheek area which is much improved, lines around mouth and eyes are noticed only when I smile. The discoloration from sun damage on the sides of my face has almost disappeared and I think will eventually with continued use. My pores did reduce in size enough that mineral makeup does not settle into them.The skin on my throat also tightened up. The very best is the way my skin feels, silky and taut , has a bounce to it. I use this along with the new clinical serum, the one in the gold bottle recently released. This is not a facelift in a bottle but it is a darn good product. If you stick with it. This is a slow gradual process nothing magical will happen overnight. The smell is not a good one but I really don't care about that as long as it works. Plus the scent wears off quickly. I am not a rep and do not use many Avon products but these two are the best of any I have used. I have spent enough money on skin care products and botox( that does not last) or live up to their claim. This one is a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2007 6:03:00 PM More reviews by irule

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have just started using this product. I tend to switch my anti-aging products now and then and I have broken out on my chin and around my mouth. I rarely ever break out so I'm not sure I will continue use of this product. My skin tends to be oily but not breakout prone and I have very few wrinkles. The cream is very thick and heavy but absorbs quickly. The smell doesn't bother me. I think I will stick out this product for a few more weeks, but if I continue to break out I will have to ditch it (and use it on my feet like one user did). Avon's Retroactive made me break out but I thought it would be different now that I'm in my thirties. Maybe it's just Avon's products? I will update in a few weeks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a free sample of this and even though initially it felt rich & hydrating - in a week or so I was breaking out in >>>cystic zits<<< Beware!
    ---Also, the scent is overpowering with a heavy perfume scent - nothing I want on my skin. Stinks to high heaven!!!
    ---My friend that normally loves Avon even *hates this stuff and she broke out like crazy as well.
    ---Glad I didn't waste any money on actually purchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful product. My skin feels new - alive! Very helpful for skin that is pre-wrinkles and looking for a little moisture without too much oiliness. I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 10:52:00 AM More reviews by lipstixrule

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic glycolic treatment. Some skin reacts really well to glycolic, but if it is to highly concentrated it gets red and irritated really fast. But this avon treatment is milder than the alpha hydroxy souffle out there and in my case I found my skin to overeact to the latter. I could only use it once every couple of days. This product on the other hand can be used every night and my skin does not react badly at all to it. It has cleared all the bumps under my thirtysomething skin that cause the dreaded acne. I still need a night moisturizer with this after, but the skin is more receptive to it after this treatment which is another bonus. Lots of compliments on my skin, so why mess with a good thing?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 11:46:00 PM More reviews by caravan

What can I say, one of the best creams I have ever used. I use this with the Ageless results glycolic serum at night, and the Clinical Lift serum and Anew Alternative Day Spf 25 in the daytime. I will admit, I am over 40, but have had no wrinkles so far and already look much younger. But using this for the last couple weeks, my face just glows and looks so healthy. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

I am an avon rep and I thought i'd give this cream a shot...there was a great sale on for the alternative products so I checked the reviews and decided to try it....So far so good. It has smoothed out my skin and evened my complexion. I have only been using this for a week so i'll update any changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2007 5:28:00 AM More reviews by helterskelter

This is absolutely the best moisturiser I've ever used! I was given a sample when it first came out and noticed a difference almost straight away. I had quite bad adult acne, and within the first few weeks of using it - all gone! I've been using it religiously ever since up until about a month ago when I stupidly thought that it was my hormones that must've made the difference, not the moisturiser. Bad mistake - my face broke out within the first week and now I can't wait until my Avon lady can place my next order. ARGH 2 weeks is too long to wait - only hope that too much damage isn't caused in that time.