Bare Escentuals Heavenly Face Brush

on 4/21/2009 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the softest BE brushes for applying minerals. Reminds me a lot of Stila's #21 brush in size and shape, but this one is goat hair and Stila's is sable. Stila's is about $15.00 more expensive and is now very hard to find. The Heavenly brush by BE is a good substitute. If you want a little more coverage when applying minerals, try this. Also this brush is good if your skin is sensitive. I wonder if sometimes it's the brushes and the buffing that makes people's skin itch and not the bismuth oxychloride. I gave this 4 lippies because my brush shed initially. EDIT 6/25/2009. After I washed this, it shed even more and emitted a black dye - I had to wash and wash and wash it until it finally stopped bleeding. It also lost it's softness. I ended up throwing it away! Very disappointed.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

While I'm not a big fan of BE products, this brush lives up to its name. It feels absolutely "Heavenly" on my face. Much different than other BE brushes I've tried which tend to be rough and scratchy.
The Heavenly Face brush is dense and VERY soft. As of right now, I own two and will probably buy a third. I use one for applying bronzer and the other for applying my La Mer setting powder. I cant rave enough about this brush and highly recommend it to anyone who needs a nice soft brush for blending or dusting on finishing powder.

on 4/2/2009 11:09:00 AM

This brush is my holy grail. The application on this brush is full coverage. Even though it sheds a few hair every application I dont mind. It is sooo soft and comfortable to handle. This is no comparison to any kabuki brush that i have ever used. Love Love Love!!!

on 3/27/2009 8:33:00 AM

Love, love, love this brush. As another reviewer wrote: it's soft and dense. It gives a medium to full coverage in my opinion, and it's easy to work with. I honestly don't understand why this isn't their most sold brush - many places don't even sell this one!

I agree with some reviewers that BE brushes aren't THE softest ones around, but in my experience supersoft isn't necessarily the best way to go with minerals. However, I've also used this for quite a while to apply baked powder, so for me it's an all-time favourite!

on 3/14/2009 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush not as soft as I thought it will be.It is a quite soft and nice, but not the softest brush I've ever use. So I'm kind of disappointed. My E.L.F powder brush is much much softer than this and it's only cost me $3.
I wouldn't buy this again cause it's not worth it.
I gave this 3 lippies (instead of 1, coz I really disappointed) just because it is softer than BE face brush.

on 1/11/2009 3:13:00 PM

If BE put this brush in their Get Started kits, they'd have a lot more fans. This brush is very dense yet soft. I use an old EM kabuki to apply my EM foundation, but once applied, I then use the Heavenly Brush to buff the minerals in. It does a fabulous job. I purchased another Moxie Kit on clearance at Target just to get this brush, plus it's "little sister," the eye buki, another excellent brush!

on 1/2/2009 1:04:00 AM

This brush is great, I don't use use the BE products anymore, but I had a gift card from Target, I was able to get the Pure Moxie kit for only 12 bucks. I mainly purchased the kit because it came with three heavenly brushes, face, cheeck, and eye. A great buy. I think the kit at Target was originally 25 dollars but I would have paid more.

on 12/30/2008 1:51:00 PM

This brush is really soft, I haven't had to much shedding just a stray hair here and there. I don't use it a lot, still trying to figure out which products it works best with.

on 12/8/2008 5:59:00 PM

Ok most of the Bare Escentuals brushes are horrible, but this one is a must buy if you use mineral makeup. Its just like the flat top from Everday Minerals. I use this brush everyday its soft and it doesn't shed at all.

on 11/24/2008 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this brush, I mostly use it as a contour brush, together with MAC's duo countour powder. Flat top brushes works really well when contouring and applying bronzing colour. After reading other reviews, I think I might be another lucky one, my brush doesn't shed at all. The brush is smaller than MAC 180, similar softness. The brush is in brown, again,perfect for darker shades!!

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products