NARS Honolulu Honey

4.1

on 7/21/2010 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is such a lovely peachy nude color on my lips and I was ecstatic to find it based on reviews here on MUA.
Unfortunately, it is the most drying lipstick I have ever come across and my lips always end up looking dry and rough with lipstick particles all over the place, eewh.....!
I'm giving it 2 lippies though for the color, but I really won't be wearing it anymore. Just discovered my HG nude - Victoria's Secret perfect lipstick in Scrumptious. It is about the same color as Honolulu honey and very moisturising. I highly recommend it for WOC looking for the perfect nude.
Edit: I've found a way to wear this without the dry lip syndrome. I wear this over lipgloss and it keeps my lips from cracking. Yippee! Now I can enjoy my Honolulu Honey. I can now give this 4 lippies, 1 lippie off for the inconvenience.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I LOVE this color. This is the perfect color for olive skin. Would definitely re-purchase

on 5/16/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Great color and very build-able. If you want to sheer it down a bit you can use a glossy or lip balm in the beginning. I'm a NC44 and a Cardiz (reference). Looks lovely on a lot of different skin tones.

on 4/27/2010 10:26:00 AM

Beautiful, peachy nude color. For me, I am NC40, C4 its awesome on my skin. I can see why some gives bad review on this lippie, first its expensive. Second, it comes out quiet on the yellow side. That' probably why I like it since I have yellow undertone. I've been search for a straight up peach nude, I was hoping "Freckletone" from MAC will be this color but, no, Freckletone comes out mudding on my lips, not exactly peachy or nude or brown? I have very pigmented lips. Honolulu Honey is moisturizing, and the color is build able.

on 1/29/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Beautiful colour for asian and darker skin tones. I have been searching for a nude for a long time but found that many of them just made me look like a corpse. This one does have a slight peachy tone to it and therefore perfect for my skin, you would still need to put a strong blush colour on to avoid the corpse syndrome but the colour looks beautiful in the natural day light.

The only reason I am not going to give it a 5 is the tendency for NARS lipsticks to go off and have a strange smell after a while, but if you use this a lot then you will not have this problem

on 10/30/2009 10:59:00 AM

I can simply give this lipstick a 5 because 1. It's a yellowy nude lipstick, which complements my skin color. 2. It gives an even texture on my lips. The application is easy, and it's buildable; for a strong nude look, layering is fine, and for a sheer nudish look, one layer would also give decent color payoff. 3. It's not the most moisturizing lipstick on earth, but it's a lot less dry than many satin finish lipsticks out there. I don't like the price, but considering it's such a useful color, it's one of my hq lipsticks. Although I must point out it probably doesn't suit all skin tones.

on 10/9/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is love. I tried this today after seeing the great reviews on it and I must say im amazed. It works great with a gloss on top, especially Giza for a creamy nude lip for my NC45 skin. This is the best nude ive seen so far and it brightens up my face and lets my lips look lush. The texture is satin and as a great feel on my lips. I will purchase in the future with Giza.

on 8/3/2009 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Sorry I didn't like it. I kept reading in magazines that Honolulu Honey is the best nude shade for women of color. No ma'am, not for me! This color is way too pale for my skintone (NC45). I even used a brown lipliner, MAC Chestnut, to try to tone it down and I looked sickly. It was returned to Sephora.

This is the best nude lipstick I have used! It goes well with almost all skin tones (I am an NC30). I've used it on deeper skintones, as well as skintones much lighter than my own. It is a creamy texture, with great pigmentation! Dry, chapped lips?? You need not worry! I have very dry lips myself, and find many "nude" lipsticks either further enhance the dryness, or accentuate the cracks on my lips. Honolulu Honey does not so this! Of course, with any nude lipstick, or any lipstick that have little color, it is always wise to exfoliate the lips before lipstick application (or use a lip balm and primer beforehand). I have used this shade for years! It is my go to nude lip color, and I highly recommend giving this one a try =)

on 7/22/2009 10:37:00 PM

This is definitely a beigy orange, peachy color. But I like it since orangy lipsticks flatter my skintone (I am an NC25, for reference). I may use a darker lipliner underneath it to make the color appear darker, but it is good for a nude lip with a bit of a punch. I don't have anything else like it in my lipstick arsenal (and I have a TON of lipsticks), so the color is unique. NARS lipsticks aren't my favorite (the price is too high, no scent, nothing that special about them), but they are good to use occasionally. It is lighter than Blonde Venus by NARS and has no coral undertones, like Barbarella. I probably wouldn't buy this again as I like other peachy, orangy lipsticks better.

EDITED on 5/12/12: Deducted 1 lippie. I threw this away because I just can't stand the smell of NARS lipsticks. They make me gag.

Popular Lipsticks