September 2, 2014 | 1711 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Honolulu Honey

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by mimifrenzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great color and very build-able. If you want to sheer it down a bit you can use a glossy or lip balm in the beginning. I'm a NC44 and a Cardiz (reference). Looks lovely on a lot of different skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by waterbb

Beautiful, peachy nude color. For me, I am NC40, C4 its awesome on my skin. I can see why some gives bad review on this lippie, first its expensive. Second, it comes out quiet on the yellow side. That' probably why I like it since I have yellow undertone. I've been search for a straight up peach nude, I was hoping "Freckletone" from MAC will be this color but, no, Freckletone comes out mudding on my lips, not exactly peachy or nude or brown? I have very pigmented lips. Honolulu Honey is moisturizing, and the color is build able.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by htaikwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful colour for asian and darker skin tones. I have been searching for a nude for a long time but found that many of them just made me look like a corpse. This one does have a slight peachy tone to it and therefore perfect for my skin, you would still need to put a strong blush colour on to avoid the corpse syndrome but the colour looks beautiful in the natural day light.

The only reason I am not going to give it a 5 is the tendency for NARS lipsticks to go off and have a strange smell after a while, but if you use this a lot then you will not have this problem

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Mewwy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can simply give this lipstick a 5 because 1. It's a yellowy nude lipstick, which complements my skin color. 2. It gives an even texture on my lips. The application is easy, and it's buildable; for a strong nude look, layering is fine, and for a sheer nudish look, one layer would also give decent color payoff. 3. It's not the most moisturizing lipstick on earth, but it's a lot less dry than many satin finish lipsticks out there. I don't like the price, but considering it's such a useful color, it's one of my hq lipsticks. Although I must point out it probably doesn't suit all skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by mcbeants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is love. I tried this today after seeing the great reviews on it and I must say im amazed. It works great with a gloss on top, especially Giza for a creamy nude lip for my NC45 skin. This is the best nude ive seen so far and it brightens up my face and lets my lips look lush. The texture is satin and as a great feel on my lips. I will purchase in the future with Giza.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sorry I didn't like it. I kept reading in magazines that Honolulu Honey is the best nude shade for women of color. No ma'am, not for me! This color is way too pale for my skintone (NC45). I even used a brown lipliner, MAC Chestnut, to try to tone it down and I looked sickly. It was returned to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by artistculture

This is the best nude lipstick I have used! It goes well with almost all skin tones (I am an NC30). I've used it on deeper skintones, as well as skintones much lighter than my own. It is a creamy texture, with great pigmentation! Dry, chapped lips?? You need not worry! I have very dry lips myself, and find many "nude" lipsticks either further enhance the dryness, or accentuate the cracks on my lips. Honolulu Honey does not so this! Of course, with any nude lipstick, or any lipstick that have little color, it is always wise to exfoliate the lips before lipstick application (or use a lip balm and primer beforehand). I have used this shade for years! It is my go to nude lip color, and I highly recommend giving this one a try =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely a beigy orange, peachy color. But I like it since orangy lipsticks flatter my skintone (I am an NC25, for reference). I may use a darker lipliner underneath it to make the color appear darker, but it is good for a nude lip with a bit of a punch. I don't have anything else like it in my lipstick arsenal (and I have a TON of lipsticks), so the color is unique. NARS lipsticks aren't my favorite (the price is too high, no scent, nothing that special about them), but they are good to use occasionally. It is lighter than Blonde Venus by NARS and has no coral undertones, like Barbarella. I probably wouldn't buy this again as I like other peachy, orangy lipsticks better.

EDITED on 5/12/12: Deducted 1 lippie. I threw this away because I just can't stand the smell of NARS lipsticks. They make me gag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by icetea520

I have the lipstick come with the 9941 palette, and this is the one I reach out the most (The other three are gipsy, dolce vita and trans siberian). It's perfect for my NC20 skintone, giving me a nude lip without looking pale or out of place. Very wearable and the matte finish is beautiful.
Except one thing, the texture. It's a little dry, so if your lips are not in very good condition, they will look dry and uneven.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

this is such a gorgeous fleshy nude on my lips...very opaque to cover my uber pigm lips...flattering on my nc44 (studio sculpt)/C6 SF, w/ yellow undertones skintone...great with a smokey eye.