Sheer Cover Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

2011 Reformulation: Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 12.00%. Inactive Ingredients: Boron Nitride, Bisabolol, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Lauroyl Lysine. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 6/8/2013 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't understand why people buy products from the company and get stick in the billing thing. I usually purchase off ebay or amazon bc there's no contract and the prices, although a little more expensive; I believe it's worth it.
Anyway, I wanted to start by saying I loveeee this product. I have oily, combination skin. And this product is best for that. If you're dry to medium combo, don't get this, you're better off using creams and liquids. Anyway, back to the product, i've read the ingredient list and it doesn't bother me about the bismuth, etc, people do worse like smoke, etc.
I'm Mac nc30, mehron celebre hd foundation in ME2, Nars Sheer Matte in Ceylan, and Loreal True Match in Sand beige or w4, for reference. In the sheer cover colors, I am latte in winter and buff in summer. Perfect color selection for me. Glides on smooth and doesn't settle in my pores. I also use C.O. Bigelow vitamin Boost afterwards to set and hydrate. This product does not break me out and in actuality neither does Bare Minerals. But I switched to sheer cover from using bare minerals for like 8 years. Been using sheer cover in the summer for three years and my skin has never been better. No cysts, no bumps or breakouts. I only get an occasional pimple from my period. Sheer cover is worth a try. :)

I used to wear this but I switched because it didnt give enough coverage and felt hard on my skin so I switched to foundation. It was the first makeup I ever used and my Mum introduced it to me. I don't perticuarly like it but it is quite good for covering imperfections. What I hated about it was how long it took to be delivered. AROUND 7 DAYS! So I had to buy in advance if I was running short. I think that liquid foundations are better than powder but I think that sheercover are a company you can trust.

on 3/2/2013 6:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have fair, dry, extremely sensitive skin and find that the mineral powders don't break me out like other foundations. It does a good job at covering my skin. I do agree with other reviews that it shows of pores and lines more so then liquid foundations. However with my skin liquids can dry my skin out more which leads to break outs for me. It also shows of my dry patches, but liquid foundations do that to me too. I've read reviews and tried both sheer cover and bare minerals, and I have to say that I prefer the sheer cover, to me it just felt lighter, but I think that it's an individual preference thing.

on 2/18/2013 4:18:00 PM

When you get your color shade correct, this is really a truly wonderful product. As a matter of fact, all of the products from Sheer Cover seems to be fantastic. I can't stand liquid foundation, I just can't tolerate it any more. As I spread that liquid across my face, I feel like I look like the joker. When I use sheer cover, it is so light and covers unlike any other mineral foundation I have tried. The whole shebang kit is great.

My only gripe, and it is a biggie- the fact that one has to go though obstacles to get your hands on this stuff. I usually turn to ebay because I hate dealing with the company. If they would sell this like bare minerals, I am sure their business would boom.

Like I said, extraordinary makeup. I always get complimented when I wear it. I work outside all day long. I wear this, it never melts. It looks better and better as the day goes. It doesn't even sweat of in the summer. But dear mauve, why is it so hard to get this stuff. I soooo wish they would do away with that damn order my mail crap and make it easily available.

I have slept in this, sunbathed in this (by the way, I sunbathed with this stuff on once, my whole body was sunburned but my I know the spf holds up).

Well anyway, this is my favorite foundation of all time, but I just despise that I have to search ebay for what I need because I hate dealing with mail order club crap.

But the products are so good....guess I will just continue to go through the hurdles...

UPDATE: They changed the color shades and my shade of bisque is no longer available because they just lumped them all into a light, medium, tan, etc. Why oh why do these companies change things?? If it is not broke...why fix it....

on 12/6/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is MEANT to cover flaws and minimise pores. It enlarges pores and wrinkles. It is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL I hate Sheer Cover.

Do not buy this product as you will be disappointed and broke.

on 12/1/2012 7:02:00 AM

So I got this for christmas a couple of years back and I still have left overs as I don't use foundation daily; but get this: I am tan/olive coloured and not even that dark - I got the "tan" set and it was too light for me o.O I can barely squeeze by with the darker concealer.

I think it's fairly good, I wouldn't throw it out (definitely not) and there are both pros and cons.

+ It doesn't feel super heavy
+ It actually covers if you do it right

- If your skin is dry, it doesn't look very good
- It doesn't really work to cover spots and your skin actually has to be "smooth" for it to work properly (i.e no bumps and dry skin). As I am struggling with spots this may not be the BEST cover up products but the places where I'm "smooth" (like red and dark spots) it covers very well.

This is not a product for acne sufferers, this would be for people with pigmentations and such.

on 11/18/2012 4:05:00 PM

My review on the kit (foundation, concealer, brushes, primer, mascara)
- cover okay, but not as smooth as everyday make ups jojoba formula or Bobbi browns mineral foundation.
- My skin filte moist and looked a little too glowing for my taste. I like more Matt satin look.
- got a lot of patching (looked horrible) by the end of the day (9-am-6pm)
- Over enfisized my pores and fine lines, that I usually don't even notice.
I prefer everyday minerals jojoba (shell blanc for my NC15) better because
- soft to mediem coverage and don't over enfisize my pores or fine lines
- they have a simple ingredient list.
- price $15
Bobbi brown mineral (extra light):
-light to medium light cover but is so very smooth and natural and light. No pores being enfisized at all.
- though a bit expensive $30-38 I think

on 11/17/2012 12:50:00 PM

I bought a Sheer Cover Introductory VIP Kit from
Unfortunately it has not met any of my expectations or lived up to what it claims it can do. I am extremely disappointed because the products effectiveness was clearly misrepresented as being a good make-up that could improve the appearance of my skin. The make-up was low quality and did not in anyway glide over my skin or blend in to create a flawless look, in fact it applied awfully and resulted in a terrible patchy and flaky look. The free gift of Sheer Cover Sophisticate Face Palet did not fare much better and the Sheer Cover Studio Foundation Brush and extra length mascara are absolute atrocities.
I am awaiting a response from their customer services department but don’t hold much hope on a satisfactory response. Sheer cover has been a huge disappointment and I would 100% advise any potential customer to steer clear at all costs!

I tried this line before, but the brushes were crap & the coverage not quite as good as BE. Not bad, but not for people seriously interested in mineral makeup.

on 10/15/2012 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Worst foundation ever I warn you do not buy this rubbish product it is a total scam and waste of money.
it breaks me out the coverage is horrible its got terrible ingredients that is bad for your skin it clogs your pores and breaks me out, shocking foundation!!! just dont go there it is horrible stuff.