July 28, 2014 | 2129 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 More reviews by BeccahH

I tried this line before, but the brushes were crap & the coverage not quite as good as BE. Not bad, but not for people seriously interested in mineral makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this stuff hoping for a miracle but sadly, it was the worst purchase of my life!
First of all when I applied it it looked great but then half an hour later I almost died when I looked in the mirror, it had all caked into this patchy flakey looking mass all over my face so I had to sit in the car and and rub in which just made it look even worse, it went an orangey color too.
Worse still it settled into all my lines around my eyes and I am only 24 and it made me look 54!! It doesn't stay in place its almost like you have to keep buffing it in every time you look in the mirror because it cakes so badly!!
I don't recommend this for dry skin!!! it might work better for oily skin.
it doesn't look natural and it was just plain awfull. Worst mineral powder I have ever used.

Loreal mineral powder is wayyyy better than this!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical about this brand because infomercial stuff in general is often not what it is advertised to be but decided to try it because I have used Proactiv with success for years from the same company. I ended up pleasantly surprised about this product. The foundation is great! The coverage is natural and does not feel heavy at all and the colors are a good match for my skin (fair w/yellow undertones). It did not break me out even though I am acne prone and did not itch like I had problems with Bare Escentuals causing. The price is competitive with other mineral foundations of this type also. The down side is it has a lower SPF (SPF 15) than some other mineral brands and it only comes in loose powder which I just don't prefer because it makes a mess.

I know people complain about the auto ship thing attached to the product but I don't find it a problem as I can change my preferences online so I don't receive too much/unwanted product.

Previously I had said that I didn't like this as much as Jane Iredale, but the more I use it the more I have learned to work with it and I can now get it looking just as good. I think the trick is to play with it because every mineral makeup is different and requires a different amount of buffing to get a good finish.

Update: I have since decided that I didn't want the auto ship and experienced what others have complained about. It's pretty tough to find anyone at their customer service who can help you. This in no way affects what I think about the effectiveness of the makeup, but it is a concern potential buyers should be aware of.

BEWARE: I recently tried this product again and it is now made in CHINA. I will not be purchasing this product again and have dropped the rating as a result. There have just been too many recalls of products made there for me to consider it safe. Especially since makeup is something people generally use every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by loverlover1328

*UPDATE*
There is a counter at Target Melbourne City where you can buy this, or a stall in Melbourne Central, or call them up!
---
I have given this high ratings because it is only $40 for a pot and that pot will last you at least 6 months of daily use, the packaging is normal for a mineral makeup (with the tray on top to control use) and it is the best mineral fdtn I've ever used.

I was introduced to this by my sister who likes to watch infomercials - was dubious to begin with but she said I could return it for a full refund so I went with it and am bloody glad I did! I have consistently returned to this (I use Golden) for the past 10 years. Usually when I get compliments on my skin its because I'm wearing this. I've tried a bunch of other minerals, including Young Blood, Laura Mercier, Jane Iredale, etc. Sheer Cover is best for yellow tones.

If you have oily skin, you'll really like this. SC looks better after it has time to melt in to your natural skin oils. I always wear this if I'm going out clubbing because it improves with hours of dancing! Zero fade. In the old days, I would sometimes get up after a night out and could honestly go out again. I buff it in with a Sigma F80. I go over the eyes and it doubles as eye primer, so eyeshadow lasts all night.
Golden is a gorgeous natural yellow colour, highly pigmented so don't overdo it or you'll look 'done up'. If this happens, spray your face with some setting water/spray. Tap excess off brush into the lid before you apply. Coverage is buildable so will go all the way up to full coverage and give you that airbrushed look. If you go up to full coverage you may want to do some contouring.
Dry skin may find it too dry unless you use a good emollient.
Be sure to buff it in to break down the minerals into your natural oils! Will not clog or break you out.

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Beige, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by LiviaJayne

This is THE WORST company in the world. I signed up for their "free" trial because I'm in college, and hey, its free. Too bad when I cancelled my account after receiving their horrible product that deserves to sit on the bottom of a land fill, they told me they had already sent another one and billed me $40. I cancelled my account and was assured this was the end of it. Too bad they just charged me another $30, saying the $40 was to cover shipping and handling, and there will be two more charges of $30. They want me to pay $130 for a SAMPLE.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by heatherw3128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!! I can not stress this enough. The product itself is mediocre, but the customer service and company ethics are enough to keep me away from the product even if it was good. They find any way they can to take your money. They charge you recurrent fees without your knowledge, and when you pick up on it they will lie to keep your money. I called and canceled and I was continually billed. Each time I called they said I had never canceled and that they would cancel it for me, but they never did. I was charged a bunch of money for something I didn't want. They screw you out of your money and are a horrible company. Spend your money elsewhere and do not get involved with their company. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Mistymystique

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I came on here looking for a primer. I wanted to find reviews on the Sheer Cover Base Perfector and suprisingly there aren't any, but I did see LOTs of reviews on the make-up. I have been using SC for 2 years now and love it. (over that 2 years I have bought 4 pots, just goes to show how long it will last!) I purchase it at the kiosk in the mall. I decided in order to give a fair review I needed to look and analysis what I was seeing.

I live in South Texas, it is almost 100 outside and very humid, I just went to lunch and came back with no air conditioner in my car. In the morning I put on the foundation like instructed it gives me even coverage over my acne marks (very sensitive acne-prone skin) and the bright redness of my rosacea. I have hugh pores and the make up doesn't "cover" them but make them much less noticable.

When I looked in the mirror moments ago, the marks and rosacea are still beautifully covered. The pores where still not noticable. My nose and chin are a little shiney so I blotted, no makeup came off.

My biggest issue is that it does sink into the creases on my forehead, hence, my search for a good primer!

For how long this foundation lasts I can't beat it for the price. Also, I have used and like Bare Essentials, but with SC you don't have to purchase and us the mineral veil and such, with SC it is all-in-one with great results.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Leezilla

NEVER BUY THIS PRODUCT. You will never escape their billing cycle. Do yourself a favor and don't give them your credit card number because they will be sucking money out of you even though you've cancelled your account and returned your items for a refund.
I'm a freshman in college and have called multiple times because I can't afford to be charged like this every month but they keep taking like $40 from me that could go toward things like FOOD. I'm very furious right now so please do NOT buy this product it sucks!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by BiancaGabriella

Hey everyone, was reading through a couple reviews and noticed sayings that it's "cakey" thick ect~ ok well for starters I love natural looking makeup, and it's so great when you find a make up that looks like your wearing nothing BUT gives you an airbrush look.... I am sure it's all about how you apply it. When I first started using it my skin did started getting quite oily maybe 20mins after I applied it so I wasn't too happy... Just recently I did a little experiment and put the tiniest(and I mean really tiny like hardly anything) on my brush and applied it to my whole face just using a circular motion... That small amount I applied covered my whole face, gave me a natural looking finish, and my skin did not go oily! On very hot days when it does go oily I don't wipe the makeup, or re-apply some more makeup, I just take the brush and go over my face in the circular motion(no makeup on the brush) and its looks great all over again :-) please give it a go, and do write another review if my tip helped :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Moodyone

Worst foundation I've ever tried, It feels heavy for a mineral foundation, I hate the primer and the brush is way scratchy. Altogether a crappy product, I'm glad I tried the sample before wasting my money.