September 22, 2014 | 1869 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by amirh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like UD's regular shadows for the most part. I don't have problems with glitter as much as I have with SHINE. Shades like Urb contain glitter, but I love them. The problem is some shades contain no glitter, but SHINE like light bulbs. I hate the high shine. UD is known for its metallic-finish shadows, but I prefer Shu's metallic finish for a more refined shine. That said, I really like that UD offers different formulas. Staying power and pigmentation of UD shadows are excellent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried Urban Decay again and again and I have to say that my verdict is pretty much that...well, I don't like the eyeshadows very much. I love the packaging, branding, names, colours, but when it actually comes to APPLYING these colours, I am pretty screwed really.

I bought the second box of shadows that came out, it comes with a little booklet that tells you all the wonderful looks you can create, I'm not exactly the worlds best at applying eyeshadow but I cannot seem to apply ANY of it without some kind of hideous fallout!! I never get this problem with other brands. Urban Decay boasts that it doesn't have as many binders in the shadow as other brands do, am I the only one who thinks this MAY be a bad thing??

I absolutely WANT to love this brand but everything I buy, as beautiful and awesome as it looks, just doesn't seem to perform the way I want it too.

Take midnight cowboy rides again for example, gorgeous shadow, sometimes I want glitter on my eyes for going out or whatever, but oh my sweet lord, the irritation from glitter migrating into my eyes through the night lasted for about 2 weeks, it was horrible!! My eyes felt like I had just tipped sawdust in them (and i've never been MASSIVELY sensitive).
The other thing about some of them is the amount of frost! I My mum now has the "get baked" palette I bought for summer because it looks frankly awful on me!! Pretty pretty colours, and they make me look like crap. Sob!!

Maybe I'll try again with them, I have a whole palette of the damned things in the prettiest colours ever, I don't want to have to swap them away (at least it wouldn't be hard).
My rating of 2 might be a bit harsh, but the only time they really matter is when they're on you right???

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by notmyryan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This seriously is my HG shadow. I buy the browns for everyday wear. Some of the colors are super sparkly so their better for a night out or special occasion, and I'm not a big wearer of those. However, the browns are muted enough that you don't get a completely matte color, but you still have a bit of a luminescent glow on the lid. Plus, I don't get any bits of shadow on my cheeks after application, which I'm happy about. It stays on all day too. I have a good brush so maybe that makes a difference? Overall, I probably won't switch my brown shade because I have tried MANY brands and nothing has come close.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 2 Urban Decay packs and I love them both. They are so pigments and smooth. Good quality shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by StaticGlamour

I love Urban decay eyeshadows. I buy quite a few palletes of theirs. The colours are so gorgeous with all different shades and finishes. I espeially love 'kiddie pool' and 'purple haze'. I highly reccomend there eyeshadows, especially for some daring looks :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by emmit643

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Urban Decay Deluxe Shadows in Shag and Sting. I really like both of them. The pigmentation is great, and they're not ultra sparkly or anything. The Deluxe packaging is amazing, and you get more product than a regular eyeshadow.

Price point is the only downside to these shadows. They're probably quite dupable.

However, shag is a gorgeous brown!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Ania588

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Their eye shadows have great color payoff and their packaging is quite cute and unique. Personally,their eye shadows stay on for quite a while.Their price isn't the best but it's not too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by efontenot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have 2 of their eyeshadow packs and love them both. I've had one of them for 2 years, use it almost every day, and still have plenty left (the other I've had less than a year). That's why, although their make-up is not cheap, I think it's worth the money. The colors are very rich, but blend well (note: I use a Sonia Kashuk brush, not an UD brush). Also, I love the packaging!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the Jonesy.. or something like that. It is an orangey shade with is lovely in the pan.

The application is smooth, the color is true, and the box is amazing.

I wore this a lot during the summer as it went very well with most of the spring/summer colors... Right now, it looks a bit out of place but it's time will come again! This is why I took off a lippie -- it is limited to seasonality imo.

Overall this is a good Es.. a bit shimmery and each day that I get older I am more out of tune with shimmers.

But as far as a good ES, with good color and application it is a 5 lippie!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Fairypants1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the UD Deluxe and Urban Ammo palettes and boy were they a good investment- a colour for every mood and occasion, the all blend well and last forvever as you only need a little as they are vibrant and have great colour pay-off.
Such gorgeous packaging too- like works of art on my dresser!