April 23, 2014 | 1123 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Boots - No7 Soft and Sheer Tinted Moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Aurumgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought mine on sale and I've been using the product all summer long. I've used a few of Boots No. 7 foundations in the past and I've found them all to be really good, so I was expecting the same from this tinted moisturizer, the texture is quite different from the No. 7 foundations but the coverage is just enough. The "light" shade works well for me, and I just use it like coverup--under my eyes, on my forehead, around my mouth. It blends in really well and lasts for hours. I don't look like I'm wearing obvious makeup but my skin looks better. I'd definitely buy it again for summer wear, but hope I can find the No 7 foundation I like on sale soon, for when colder weather sets in.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only good thing to say about it is that it did not cause me to breakout. Here's the bad: it's so sheer that you truly get absolutely no coverage at all. You can't see it, so there's no evening out of blotchiness. I bought this because Paula Begoun gave it a good recommendation and says it's one of the best TMs on the market. Huh?! Now I feel like I can't trust any of her reviews. I found it to be a total waste of money so I'm returning it after using it twice. Also, the packaging is a complete snooze.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me qualify this review by saying: I wore this product for over a year in the hope that it would grow on me. But it just didn't! The biggest problems are these:

First, this is not tinted moisturizer. It is foundation. It does not moisturize at all and the coverage is more akin to foundation.

Second, I chose the fairest color, and it left me orange. I tried to remedy it by mixing it with moisturizer, but it still gave me a very strange color.

Third, it always felt like I was wearing makeup. Tinted moisturizer is supposed to feel like a light alternative to foundation, but I was always keenly aware of it, and it felt very heavy on my face.

I am giving it two stars because I liked the coverage, but it isn't what it says it is. Go elsewhere for tinted moisturizer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by maggie4makeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

It's more like a liquid foundation rather than a moisturizer. In the beginning I applied in the way I usually do with moisturizers -- with my hands -- but it sort of dries off really fast and leaves little bits on your face if you don't even it out soon enough. So after a while I started using a makeup sponge. I also mixed the product with some moisturizer, it really helps make it a lot less cakey. It doesn't really clog my pores, since I haven't noticed any acne popping up after using it for a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by roxysurfergirlpi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted a tinted moisturizer for the summer, but I realized that I should be sticking to foundation. I got the light color and it is very sheer, and does not cover anything that needs to be covered with a concealer. But it does even out my skin tone around my nose and cheeks. If I didn't have to conceal a lot on my face this would be perfect. It's very light weight and easy to smooth on. I have a yellowish undertone and this goes on a little pink and dewy. I recommend this for dry/normal skin types who do not need to use much concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by kalicalifornia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After trying countless tinted moisturizers (Stila, Laura Mercer, Neutrogena, ect.) I finally found one that works for me. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone. I'm half Irish and half Colombian with a medium light skin tone with yellow undertones, and other tinted moisturizers either left me ghostly white or with a weird orange tinge. This one doesn't. I use the fair and it perfectly matches my skin. It is extremely sheer and a completely natural look. This tm moisturizes my dry cheeks and doesn't make my t-zone super greasy. Although, if you have extremely oily skin I wouldn't recommend this as it has no mattifying properties.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by foxforce45

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I don't think this product is good for oily skin. It left my skin very shiny. Coverage was good and I agree it was more like a foundation...but this is coming from a person who never wears foundation. I wished I liked it more, but it's just too shiny especially on hot days or as the day wears on. I like the SPF which is why I switched.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by suzzen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hooray! Finally found a keeper! I love this tinted moisturizer. (I tried Laura Mercier Oil-Free and was SO disappointed.) Target had a sampler to try in the store, and I gave this a shot. I have oily skin, but it doesn't make it break out. "Fair" looks natural on the semi-olive, freckled skin. It goes on smoothly, doesn't STING when it gets in my eyes (avoid Neutrogena for that reason, ouch!) and doesn't rub off easily. I'd like the SPF to be higher, but I won't complain.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by mookowzmoo

The coverage is just as it says: sheer. However, I liked the way this looked on my skin until it made me break out two days into product use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by chispa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow... My experience with this is really different from a lot of people here.

First, I'm surprised at the people who find it too sheer. I feel completely the opposite. It seems closer to a foundation to me. In fact, I've tried foundations with less apparent pigment.

As far as texture - it's almost cakey. Oily cakey on application that settles into dryer cakey.

And maybe because of my age, but I prefer something that is a little illuminating. I think everyone looks better with makeup that is slightly illuminating, but if you are a person who likes matte - this is for you.

As far as color, I tried the fair in the store and that seemed too yellow for me. The medium was closer - but the problem is that it is a little orange and then after a bit on your face it goes even more orange. Like comically orange. Not a look I'm aiming for.

My HG TM was discontinued and I'm still searching for a replacement. But this isn't it. The two lippies are one for the 15 SPF and the second because my Target had a sales associate who was a sweetheart.