August 1, 2014 | 1831 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Boots - No7 Soft and Sheer Tinted Moisturiser

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by jujumasta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I had so much hope for this TM, since Boots always puts out good products. However, this wasn't the right product for me.

Pros:
-good texture--I didn't think it was too "foundation-like"
-evens out skin tone well
-moisturizes
-SPF 15 (could be higher)
-did not cause break outs

Cons:
-because it is so "sheer", it only evens out your skin color but doesn't cover up any blemishes or under eye circles
-I purchased it in "fair", which is the lightest tint available, and the color was actually still very dark and like others said, it is kind of orange
-left me looking kind of shiny

The color could be remedied somewhat by mixing in a liquid foundation, but that destroys the purpose for me, as I hoped it could be part of my super quick makeup routine. I don't think this is a bad product, especially for the price, and maybe it is worth a try if you have more reddish undertones! I'll finish the container, but will stick to BB creams after this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by theanginator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

Now this is what I call a tinted moisturizer. It seems like most products marketed as a TM are nothing more than a light foundation...they provide coverage but lack any hydrating capacities making it so you have to use a regular moisturizer underneath. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a tinted moisturizer? The No7 Soft and Sheer is is pigmented just enough to provide light coverage and provides a fair amount of hydration to my (currently) dry winter skin. My biggest complaint is that the fair shade is still slightly too dark for my skin. It would be nice if they came out with an extra fair. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Aurumgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought mine on sale and I've been using the product all summer long. I've used a few of Boots No. 7 foundations in the past and I've found them all to be really good, so I was expecting the same from this tinted moisturizer, the texture is quite different from the No. 7 foundations but the coverage is just enough. The "light" shade works well for me, and I just use it like coverup--under my eyes, on my forehead, around my mouth. It blends in really well and lasts for hours. I don't look like I'm wearing obvious makeup but my skin looks better. I'd definitely buy it again for summer wear, but hope I can find the No 7 foundation I like on sale soon, for when colder weather sets in.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only good thing to say about it is that it did not cause me to breakout. Here's the bad: it's so sheer that you truly get absolutely no coverage at all. You can't see it, so there's no evening out of blotchiness. I bought this because Paula Begoun gave it a good recommendation and says it's one of the best TMs on the market. Huh?! Now I feel like I can't trust any of her reviews. I found it to be a total waste of money so I'm returning it after using it twice. Also, the packaging is a complete snooze.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me qualify this review by saying: I wore this product for over a year in the hope that it would grow on me. But it just didn't! The biggest problems are these:

First, this is not tinted moisturizer. It is foundation. It does not moisturize at all and the coverage is more akin to foundation.

Second, I chose the fairest color, and it left me orange. I tried to remedy it by mixing it with moisturizer, but it still gave me a very strange color.

Third, it always felt like I was wearing makeup. Tinted moisturizer is supposed to feel like a light alternative to foundation, but I was always keenly aware of it, and it felt very heavy on my face.

I am giving it two stars because I liked the coverage, but it isn't what it says it is. Go elsewhere for tinted moisturizer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by maggie4makeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

It's more like a liquid foundation rather than a moisturizer. In the beginning I applied in the way I usually do with moisturizers -- with my hands -- but it sort of dries off really fast and leaves little bits on your face if you don't even it out soon enough. So after a while I started using a makeup sponge. I also mixed the product with some moisturizer, it really helps make it a lot less cakey. It doesn't really clog my pores, since I haven't noticed any acne popping up after using it for a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by roxysurfergirlpi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted a tinted moisturizer for the summer, but I realized that I should be sticking to foundation. I got the light color and it is very sheer, and does not cover anything that needs to be covered with a concealer. But it does even out my skin tone around my nose and cheeks. If I didn't have to conceal a lot on my face this would be perfect. It's very light weight and easy to smooth on. I have a yellowish undertone and this goes on a little pink and dewy. I recommend this for dry/normal skin types who do not need to use much concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by kalicalifornia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After trying countless tinted moisturizers (Stila, Laura Mercer, Neutrogena, ect.) I finally found one that works for me. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone. I'm half Irish and half Colombian with a medium light skin tone with yellow undertones, and other tinted moisturizers either left me ghostly white or with a weird orange tinge. This one doesn't. I use the fair and it perfectly matches my skin. It is extremely sheer and a completely natural look. This tm moisturizes my dry cheeks and doesn't make my t-zone super greasy. Although, if you have extremely oily skin I wouldn't recommend this as it has no mattifying properties.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by foxforce45

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I don't think this product is good for oily skin. It left my skin very shiny. Coverage was good and I agree it was more like a foundation...but this is coming from a person who never wears foundation. I wished I liked it more, but it's just too shiny especially on hot days or as the day wears on. I like the SPF which is why I switched.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by suzzen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hooray! Finally found a keeper! I love this tinted moisturizer. (I tried Laura Mercier Oil-Free and was SO disappointed.) Target had a sampler to try in the store, and I gave this a shot. I have oily skin, but it doesn't make it break out. "Fair" looks natural on the semi-olive, freckled skin. It goes on smoothly, doesn't STING when it gets in my eyes (avoid Neutrogena for that reason, ouch!) and doesn't rub off easily. I'd like the SPF to be higher, but I won't complain.