September 23, 2014 | 2072 users online

Bronzers - Tarte - Park Avenue Princess

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It gets a bit orange on my NW15 skin. I like it, but I don't love it like I do NYC's or even Benefit Hoola.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Perfect bronzer for pale people! It's so lovely, the best bronzer I've found so far. It isn't orange at all and it contours beautifully! But if you prefer a matte bronzer, this isn't for you. it's somewhat shimmery with slightly gold undertones. I love it. I got this in miniature form in a box with a mini blush in dollface and they are a great combination.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

My favorite bronzer. And this coming from a girl who is always frustrated with bronzers.

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle in the summer). I love this bronzer both as an NW15 and NW20. It's great for cool tones, and when stippled on, starts off very gradual and can be built up to create dimension in the face and shadows. Looks very natural but plays up your skin tone. Does not make your face "look flat" as it has a tiny bit of shimmer.

I also love the matte version, which gives a golden sheen to my fair skin - the matte version is slightly better for when I have lighter skin. I have hit pan and repurchased, that's how good this is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by whisper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This bronzer looks gorgeous on the skin and is especially flattering on my light-med, yellow-toned Asian complexion. I frequently get asked what I'm wearing on my cheeks, and it's nothing but this! (I don't wear blush in the summer months because I prefer a more glowy warmth to my skin; as opposed to the colder months when I like a 'just pinched' cheek look.) The fine, pearlescent gold shimmer in this bronzer imparts a subtle luminosity that makes all the difference. It's like my skin just come alive. The powder feels luxurious and silky smooth. And I love that I don't need a highlighter; one less step for me = bonus! If you have a similar skin tone to mine, and you have had a love/hate relationship w/bronzers in the past the dreaded muddy orange bronzer, we've all been there then I highly suggest you give 'Park Ave Princess' a try. It warms up the skin beautifully, sans the oompa loompa effect ;-) I almost forgot to add that I also use this as an eyeshadow, which looks totally amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just dont like this because it is a cold gold.. Made no difference in my skin tone, just gave it a brassy metallic sheen of an olive tone maybe?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Awesome bronzer. I am super impressed with the color payoff- it looks like a dark brown, but when you use it, it becomes a more of a brown-gold hue which looks absolutely GORGEOUS. It is very pigmented, so a little goes a long way. It is not quite matte, more of a metallic bronzer I would say. I use it all over my face to add some color, and it's great for contouring. It has no sparkles, hallelujah! It also smells nice. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous- it looks like an expensive crocodile-skin design. The price is okay, but you can buy this in a travel set with a Tarte Amazonian Clay blush, so you can save a lot of money. It will last you a while either way. I love everything about this bronzer- it is amazing! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love Love Love this bronzer! It is the ONLY bronzer that i have ever been able to use that looks natural on me and not orange or too dark brown. Goes on beautifully with a smaller kabuki brush and makes me look as if i have a healthy glow!

I am really liking a lot of Tarte products and this one is among them! No breakouts on my sensitive skin with their natural ingredients. The only thing that bothers me is their gel liners in the pot that make my eyes itch, water, and burn!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Ashley1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GREAT bronzer!!! This is the ONLY bronzer I have found that gives a natural glow, not orangey and artificial looking.
You can use it for an all-over sun-kissed glow or use it to define and contour your cheekbones. I use it mostly for the latter and apply with E.L.F. Studio Blusher Brush along the hollows of my cheeks - this creates a wonderful contour and makes your cheekbones really pop!
Love the finish - it's not shimmery or matte but somewhere in between...a really nice natural finish. I even put a swipe or two of it on my eyelids - really brightens the eyes!
Highly recommend this bronzer and will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by jessface83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a little sample of this in Sephora and I really like it! It has slight shimmer but it doesn't look overdone on the skin. At first I didn't think it would show up well on my NW35 skin. But it gives me a subtle warmth that I really like! Will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by istyleit

Broke me out. When you start reading up on ingredients you will see that rarely are all natural beauty products..."natural". Bismuth Oxychloride is in this bronzer and when read up on it, it is a known irritant. I loved the color of this bronxer, it looked great on my skin....but it broke me out every single time I tried to use it. I am senstive to bronzers for some reason, now i'm using the Cargo Blu-ray Bronzer without breakin out.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No