August 30, 2014 | 1846 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by turquoiseginger

I alternate between this product and this peppermint-scented version of this soap. I use it for everything: body wash, shaving, shampoo.

It has a nice , natural lavender scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by FishFam

I purchase the unscented or lavender version of this soap by the gallon!
I discovered it 3 years ago and now use it for EVERYTHING....to give my dog a Bronner's wet towel wipe down with a dab of Bronner's, to remove my make-up, to remove any protein or oil based stain from laundry, to wash my floors (hardwood) to make diaper or wet wipes for camping etc. etc. etc.
I love how it cleans. It is tough on dirt but it is not harsh and doesn't smell like cleaners or soaps with harsh chemicals.
I have found that it is not the best choice for shampoo as it tends to strip the hair color more quickly. I attribute that to its exceptional cleaning ability. :-)
It works like magic to remove grease splatters out on my BBQ, or add a dash to a bowl of water and microwave on high for 3-4 min. and then simply wipe out baked on food including cheese and eggs!

Ok, I went way past a beauty product review but I just couldn't help myself!

Don't be caught without this amazingly humble superhero of soaps.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

This stuff is amazing for cleaning my makeup brushes. I also tried cleaning my toilet and sink and it did a decent job and left my bathroom with fresh and pleasant smell. Since I'm so impressed with this cleaner, I'm definitely going to experiment as shampoo, body wash, laundry, and for dish washing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dr. Bronner's lavender liquid soap
My Skin type is Normal

I remember Dr. Bronner's way back when I first when to health food stores years ago. But I think I wasn't keen on it due to the smell. So glad they came out with Lavender.

Here's my review:
Texture: Foams up nicely.
Performance: Cleans well and seems to moisturize well as there is oil in the soap.
Packaging: Plastic bottle with snap top to dispense.
Odor: Clean scent of lavender.
Cost: Low to middle range.
Bought at: Lazy Acres (a local health food store)
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: EXCELLENT
I use this to wash my body and shave my legs. It works so well. I do highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this Magic Soap!!!! Before I was using Face Secretes Professional Makeup Brush Cleaner but I didnít want to be paying 4.99 all the time. So I tried the ELF Shampoo but that left my brushes really dry. So I went on YouTube and saw several recommend Dr. Bronnerís Magic Soap . Once I got it I tried it right away, and a little goes along the way. How you use it is : a cup of water add like 6 to 8 drops of the soap, mix it, then wet your brush with water, dip the brush in the cup, and clean it on the palm of ur hand. Redo the same process if u need to. I had several brush that where already cleaned that I had clean before with the ELF shampoo. I re-cleaned them with the Magic Soap and OMG they where a little bit dirty. I really loved how it left my makeup brushes. It left the brittles really soft, smell really good afterwards, and cleans them really good. You can find it at Target and eBay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (You can get any scent Peppermint, Organic, Baby Mild, Tea Tress, Citrus, Lavender and Eucalyptus)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfect lavender scent, super concentrated so I don't need much at all to clean my whole body (one nickel-sized squirt onto a washcloth is plenty).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this-a 32 oz bottle lasts a really long time as it's very concentrated. It's a good lavender, not cloying or head-achy. I use this on a microfiber washcloth, or just in my hands, or mixed with baking soda to wash my face. I really love it! I love that so little soap produces so much lather! Rinses clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only use this for one reason: cleaning my makeup brushes. For that, it's wonderful! Before I started using Dr. Bronner's, I was using baby wash. When I read about Dr. Bronner's on MUA, I was a little worried about the bristles on my brushes becoming stiff or dried out, but after using this many times now, I haven't experienced anything like that. So no worries in that department.

Before using this, I never felt like my MU brushes actually got a true, deep cleaning when I washed them...yuck. Now, they're left spotless and look pretty much brand new after each wash. The true test, though, was on my MAC 187, which I found to be a very difficult brush to get back in its original form/color when I was using baby wash. When I use Dr. Bronner's, there's no doubt that it will come out super clean, and with no trace of makeup lingering on it.

(FYI: the lavender scent is very strong, but it fades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use it for just about everything in my house. It works fabulously as a dishwashing liquid, both in an out of the dishwasher (It makes the entire house smell amazing when the steam comes out!), a brush cleanser, a pet cleanser (my dogs and guinea pig smell AMAZING after I use this on them!). I also use this as a scented bath and it makes the whole bathroom smell great. It's really nice as a facial cleanser as well. I have to admit, it burns my eyes like crazy if I even get it near them and it doesn't remove eye makeup very well, but it's still a nice cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps are all natural, come in a variety of scents, and are so versatile. Lavender is my particular favorite- such a relaxing, heavenly scent. It's perfect for using in a bath...I add a bit to a running bath, and let the lavendar aroma lift the day's stress away. I have used this as a body wash as well- just make sure to dilute with water, as a little goes a long way. It can also be used as a face wash- i do not generally use it for that purpose, but have when I ran out of my regular face wash. Again, diluting is the key, otherwise, this stuff is very strong and concentrated, especially for use on the face. I have even used this to clean the toilet bowl, and it works surprisingly well. I do not do that regularly, as a bottle of this stuff is not too cheap, so I keep it on hand for use as a soap or bubble bath. As another reviewer mentioned, this can also be used to clean makeup brushes- it effectively gets rid of all traces of makeup without damaging bristles. I have also read that this can be used to hand wash clothing. There are plenty of uses for Dr. Bronner's soaps. They are not too cheap, but you do get quite a bit of product in the larger bottle, and a little goes a long way so it lasts some time. They can be found in major drugstores, and even Target. It's a staple, especially for those who prefer to use all or mostly natural beauty products.