Dr. Bronner's Lavender Liquid Soap

4.6

Not tested on animals

Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Lavandin Extract, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Lavender Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol

on 12/10/2011 2:06:00 AM

I bought this on line at iherb. I love it. A litttle goes a long way. I love that it is made of organic oils, and that it gets a very good safety rating online at ewg.org/skindeep, and it is lso evironmentally friendly. I use it as both a body wash and a face wash. As a face wash, use 4 parts water to 1 part soap, and dispense from a stainless steel foaming face wash dispenser. It cleans without drying. As a body wash, I just use a few drops. A little goes a long way. Do not expect tons of lather, as it does not contain lathering chemicals. I also use this to clean my make up brushes with great results. If you want to buy it on iherb, you get free shipping with orders over 20 dollars and no sles tax. You can use referral code NIB514 to get 5 dollars off your first order.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is amazing.
I'm a Vegan a major Girly-Girl, I'll be completely honest in saying it's very difficult to find high-quality and effective Vegan Beauty Products, Most soaps don't lather or clean, moisturize or smell good and are 3x as expensive with half the product.
This isn't the case for Dr. Bronners; I use this stuff in the shower, bath, on my face, as shave-gel and as deodorant(It works better than all the other vegan deodorants I've tried). It's saved me a LOT of money because I can buy one bottle and use it for SO much. It's only about $10 for 16oz and you don't need a lot at all so it's a major value.
It leaves my skin feeling so clean but doesn't strip it, it's great on my face (and my face is VERY moody) and it does keep me moisturized. I really feel good about giving my money to a really great company with ethics and principles I can respect. I'm really excited to try out other Dr. Bronners Products. :)

on 11/4/2011 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Easily the best smelling dr. bronner's soap. At first when I smelt it in the bottle, I thought it was too ick but when you dilute it, it smells magical. Squirt a bit in a bath and your skin will smell so delicious after wards.

The lavender smells super luxurious and is soothing and comforting. I use it to shower with and a tiny bit to wash my face, keeps acne away like no other.

The perfect bath mate and costs peanuts. Definitely HG.

on 10/13/2011 12:19:00 AM

I found out by using this product that I am allergic to lavendar oil. Using this diluted, my face and body broke out in a painful rash.

I love the peppermint, tea tree and the baby-mild Bronner's though and have had no issues using those.

I'm trying to use this up by washing the floors with it but I don't even know if I want to smell the lavendar.

on 10/2/2011 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very finicky skin and Dr Bronner's soaps are just way too harsh for me, but I use the lavender version to clean my makeup brushes and it works great for that. I bough a small travel bottle and since you literally need about two drops to clean the biggest fluffy brushes, this is going to last me forever. I wet the brush, put two drops on my hand and then just swirl the bristles until there is a lot of foam, which I then rinse and repeat once, and then I'm done. Easy and fast.
The soap foams up very easily, it gets rid of all the grime in the bristles, it washes out completely and it smells nice to boot. :) I recommend this highly for your makeup brushes!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I alternate between this product and this peppermint-scented version of this soap. I use it for everything: body wash, shaving, shampoo.

It has a nice , natural lavender scent.

on 8/3/2011 3:16:00 PM

I purchase the unscented or lavender version of this soap by the gallon!
I discovered it 3 years ago and now use it for EVERYTHING....to give my dog a Bronner's wet towel wipe down with a dab of Bronner's, to remove my make-up, to remove any protein or oil based stain from laundry, to wash my floors (hardwood) to make diaper or wet wipes for camping etc. etc. etc.
I love how it cleans. It is tough on dirt but it is not harsh and doesn't smell like cleaners or soaps with harsh chemicals.
I have found that it is not the best choice for shampoo as it tends to strip the hair color more quickly. I attribute that to its exceptional cleaning ability. :-)
It works like magic to remove grease splatters out on my BBQ, or add a dash to a bowl of water and microwave on high for 3-4 min. and then simply wipe out baked on food including cheese and eggs!

Ok, I went way past a beauty product review but I just couldn't help myself!

Don't be caught without this amazingly humble superhero of soaps.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing for cleaning my makeup brushes. I also tried cleaning my toilet and sink and it did a decent job and left my bathroom with fresh and pleasant smell. Since I'm so impressed with this cleaner, I'm definitely going to experiment as shampoo, body wash, laundry, and for dish washing.

on 7/28/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Dr. Bronner's lavender liquid soap
My Skin type is Normal

I remember Dr. Bronner's way back when I first when to health food stores years ago. But I think I wasn't keen on it due to the smell. So glad they came out with Lavender.

Here's my review:
Texture: Foams up nicely.
Performance: Cleans well and seems to moisturize well as there is oil in the soap.
Packaging: Plastic bottle with snap top to dispense.
Odor: Clean scent of lavender.
Cost: Low to middle range.
Bought at: Lazy Acres (a local health food store)
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: EXCELLENT
I use this to wash my body and shave my legs. It works so well. I do highly recommend this product.

on 7/5/2011 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this Magic Soap!!!! Before I was using Face Secretes Professional Makeup Brush Cleaner but I didnít want to be paying 4.99 all the time. So I tried the ELF Shampoo but that left my brushes really dry. So I went on YouTube and saw several recommend Dr. Bronnerís Magic Soap . Once I got it I tried it right away, and a little goes along the way. How you use it is : a cup of water add like 6 to 8 drops of the soap, mix it, then wet your brush with water, dip the brush in the cup, and clean it on the palm of ur hand. Redo the same process if u need to. I had several brush that where already cleaned that I had clean before with the ELF shampoo. I re-cleaned them with the Magic Soap and OMG they where a little bit dirty. I really loved how it left my makeup brushes. It left the brittles really soft, smell really good afterwards, and cleans them really good. You can find it at Target and eBay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (You can get any scent Peppermint, Organic, Baby Mild, Tea Tress, Citrus, Lavender and Eucalyptus)

Popular Body Skincare Products