October 21, 2014 | 1232 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

Easily the best smelling dr. bronner's soap. At first when I smelt it in the bottle, I thought it was too ick but when you dilute it, it smells magical. Squirt a bit in a bath and your skin will smell so delicious after wards.

The lavender smells super luxurious and is soothing and comforting. I use it to shower with and a tiny bit to wash my face, keeps acne away like no other.

The perfect bath mate and costs peanuts. Definitely HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

I found out by using this product that I am allergic to lavendar oil. Using this diluted, my face and body broke out in a painful rash.

I love the peppermint, tea tree and the baby-mild Bronner's though and have had no issues using those.

I'm trying to use this up by washing the floors with it but I don't even know if I want to smell the lavendar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very finicky skin and Dr Bronner's soaps are just way too harsh for me, but I use the lavender version to clean my makeup brushes and it works great for that. I bough a small travel bottle and since you literally need about two drops to clean the biggest fluffy brushes, this is going to last me forever. I wet the brush, put two drops on my hand and then just swirl the bristles until there is a lot of foam, which I then rinse and repeat once, and then I'm done. Easy and fast.
The soap foams up very easily, it gets rid of all the grime in the bristles, it washes out completely and it smells nice to boot. :) I recommend this highly for your makeup brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by turquoiseginger

I alternate between this product and this peppermint-scented version of this soap. I use it for everything: body wash, shaving, shampoo.

It has a nice , natural lavender scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by FishFam

I purchase the unscented or lavender version of this soap by the gallon!
I discovered it 3 years ago and now use it for EVERYTHING....to give my dog a Bronner's wet towel wipe down with a dab of Bronner's, to remove my make-up, to remove any protein or oil based stain from laundry, to wash my floors (hardwood) to make diaper or wet wipes for camping etc. etc. etc.
I love how it cleans. It is tough on dirt but it is not harsh and doesn't smell like cleaners or soaps with harsh chemicals.
I have found that it is not the best choice for shampoo as it tends to strip the hair color more quickly. I attribute that to its exceptional cleaning ability. :-)
It works like magic to remove grease splatters out on my BBQ, or add a dash to a bowl of water and microwave on high for 3-4 min. and then simply wipe out baked on food including cheese and eggs!

Ok, I went way past a beauty product review but I just couldn't help myself!

Don't be caught without this amazingly humble superhero of soaps.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

This stuff is amazing for cleaning my makeup brushes. I also tried cleaning my toilet and sink and it did a decent job and left my bathroom with fresh and pleasant smell. Since I'm so impressed with this cleaner, I'm definitely going to experiment as shampoo, body wash, laundry, and for dish washing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dr. Bronner's lavender liquid soap
My Skin type is Normal

I remember Dr. Bronner's way back when I first when to health food stores years ago. But I think I wasn't keen on it due to the smell. So glad they came out with Lavender.

Here's my review:
Texture: Foams up nicely.
Performance: Cleans well and seems to moisturize well as there is oil in the soap.
Packaging: Plastic bottle with snap top to dispense.
Odor: Clean scent of lavender.
Cost: Low to middle range.
Bought at: Lazy Acres (a local health food store)
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: EXCELLENT
I use this to wash my body and shave my legs. It works so well. I do highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this Magic Soap!!!! Before I was using Face Secretes Professional Makeup Brush Cleaner but I didnít want to be paying 4.99 all the time. So I tried the ELF Shampoo but that left my brushes really dry. So I went on YouTube and saw several recommend Dr. Bronnerís Magic Soap . Once I got it I tried it right away, and a little goes along the way. How you use it is : a cup of water add like 6 to 8 drops of the soap, mix it, then wet your brush with water, dip the brush in the cup, and clean it on the palm of ur hand. Redo the same process if u need to. I had several brush that where already cleaned that I had clean before with the ELF shampoo. I re-cleaned them with the Magic Soap and OMG they where a little bit dirty. I really loved how it left my makeup brushes. It left the brittles really soft, smell really good afterwards, and cleans them really good. You can find it at Target and eBay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (You can get any scent Peppermint, Organic, Baby Mild, Tea Tress, Citrus, Lavender and Eucalyptus)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfect lavender scent, super concentrated so I don't need much at all to clean my whole body (one nickel-sized squirt onto a washcloth is plenty).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this-a 32 oz bottle lasts a really long time as it's very concentrated. It's a good lavender, not cloying or head-achy. I use this on a microfiber washcloth, or just in my hands, or mixed with baking soda to wash my face. I really love it! I love that so little soap produces so much lather! Rinses clean.