July 29, 2014 | 1875 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Vanilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first received a sample from Sephora and liked the scent. It's a very basic cleanser and at the time I kind of liked it. When the sample ran out, I decided to buy the small travel size one to test it out a bit more since my skin is very troublesome.

I have very dry sensitive (and a little acne prone) skin that's also oily on top. The description of this product claims to be soothing, gentle enough for every skin type, helps maintain moisture in your skin, and doesn't strip your skin of oils.
Whatever it is that's in this tube, it's not working me.
After prolonged use, not only it did nothing for me, but the cleanser proved to too drying for my skin. Feels very tight after wash, a little hot/red, and my skin would flake a little.
Too bad for me as I quite like the scent, but I bet I can find something better for this price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I think this cleanser is way overpriced. It smells natural and nice, but for $38 for a cleanser I expect miracles. This is just a regular cleanser. There is no difference between this gentle cleanser and other drugstore brands.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

A very good basic cleanser, and it gets points especially for being basic since a lot of cleansers are unnecessarily drying or complicated with ingredients. It doesn't burn while removing eye makeup. It removes makeup/sunscreen thoroughly. It has a calming cucumber scent. Gels in general have great texture.

Fresh is infamous for overpriced items, but I have really enjoyed most of what I've tried from the brand (rose mask, lemon balm, brown sugar scrub, soy cleanser). They make skincare pleasurable with great scents and textures, very spa-like. If you are results oriented, this is not the brand to try. It's about the experience for the Fresh clientele.

If you want a more affordable gel cleanser with perfect ingredients, try REN's Mayblossom cleanser. I keep both, but I only use Fresh's when I wear more makeup than normal. Even though Fresh's is excellent at cleaning, it surprisingly doesn't dry out my skin at all. Overall, I'd still pick REN's before this because of the price point ($30 vs $38 for 5 fl oz) and the purity of ingredients.

Cons: price, ingredients are middle (not harsh, but not great)
Pros: gentle, thorough, doesn't burn in eyes, soothing, simple

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by sunkissedglitter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Acne-prone, super oily, sensitive skin (yup, lucky me).

I originally bought the smaller size for $15 at Sephora on a whim. I've always been looking for face cleansers, and I was like, "Hey, why not..."

Ohmygod.

Changed my life.

I use this to remove my makeup at the end of the day along with my Clarisonic (with the acne-prone brush head). I thought the smell was kind of strange at first, but it's grown on me. It's comforting, in a way. Not really "fresh smelling," but definitely not off-putting either.

The texture and consistency of the cleanser is a lot like Cetaphil. It's white-ish clear and kind of gel like; it foams up more than Cetaphil does, but it definitely doesn't get very foamy at all. But that's okay. I like that it doesn't strip my skin of its moisture (even though I have oily skin, cleansers that strip away all the oil just make my skin even more oily in the end), and that it's really gentle. It doesn't irritate my skin at all. I only use it at night; in the morning I just wash my face with water or use Cetaphil.

I ended up buying the larger size cleanser for $34 I think when I ran out of the smaller sized one. It did take awhile for me to run out though...a good 6 months, I think?

I think I found my new favorite cleanser. The only downside is that it's expensive, but hey, I think skincare is worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by amberlene90

It's pricey considering the amount of product.
It lasted around 3 weeks when used daily twice.

Does not sting at all & it's very gentle on skin. If it only it's cheaper.. sigh.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by lizzyis

My skin is sensitive and dry with oily areas around chin and nose area with black heads. I have sometimes bumpy skin on my forehead as well.

This cleanser really did clear up most of my pimples, made my skin feel soft and radiant.
It did not make my face feel tight afterwards but gave my skin a calming feeling.
I used it morning and night and also to take make-up off and it did not sting nor irritate my skin. Its smell is light and refreshing.

Overall a great cleanser, my skin is soft and hydrated.

My only fault is it is expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin: oily but gets dehydrated (lack of water, not oil) very easily, sensitive/reactive, clog-prone

I have an ambivalent relationship with Fresh's Soy Face Cleanser. It's kind of pricey for the amount you get, and it contains so many parabens/preservatives. I'm not particularly bothered by parabens. Parabens keep mold, bacteria, etc from growing in products, but this cleanser contains so many of them. I counted at least 11 parabens/preservatives. Why so many??? I always wonder what kind of damage or sensitivity, if any, is caused by long-term usage of products containing parabens. On the other hand, this cleanser is very gentle and does not dehydrate my skin. In fact, it's the only gel cleanser I've tried that rinses clean yet doesn't dry out or irritate my skin nor does it irritate my eyes-- a HUGE plus to me. If it gets in my eyes, it doesn't burn at all.

It has a gel consistency, but it doesn't get very foamy/sudsy. It does have a scent, but it's not an added synthetic fragrance. The scent comes from the natural ingredients. To me it smells like a combination of cucumber and rose. Soy Face Cleanser doesn't break me out, which is surprising because it contains a couple ingredients, specifically ascorbyl palmitate and retinyl palmitate, that tend to block my pores and cause breakouts in other formulations (concealers and creams/lotions). It also contains soybean oil, which can be problematic for some acne-prones, but interestingly it doesn't cause breakouts for me in this cleanser formulation. I definitely recommend giving this cleanser a try if you cannot find a foaming/gel-type cleanser that doesn't strip your skin. Of course, make sure none of the ingredients are problematic for you first. After trying many other cleansers, I always come back to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Noelle07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought a small tube of this at sephora because the girl recommended it. She claimed that she has eczema too but her skin looked perfect, so whatever. I havent been using it too long but so far I have noticed my redness has decreased and it my skin is looking a bit better. After buying it, like many of the reviews state, i realized it has parabens in it and then started to freak out and decided to take it back, but then I thought... what the hell is a paraben anyway?? So, I did some research on such things and found most articles were along the lines of this one:

Then I laughed at myself for being afraid of preservatives when I don't even know what they are or cause. I never wanted to be one of those people who follow the all natural is better trend. But anyway, I wouldn't buy this again i dont think because its way too expensive. It's good, but not performing miracles and not worth $15 for a tiny tube. I will probably just continue my search for my perfect cleanser. A nice basic cleanser, but I'm not paying that much money for something so basic. Hoepfully I can find a better DS cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I got a generous sample tube of this with my Sephora bonus points, and I'm glad I did. I liked it very much in terms of its gel-creme consistency, the gentleness & thorough cleansing. However, I didn't care for the rose scent much (especially for a product used for removing eye makeup) and it's just way overpriced to purchase. I'll stick with my CeraVe foaming cleanser, but I'm glad I got a chance to try this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by moonsta

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am 57 with fairly good skin, but am aging. I got this with a purchase of a Mia, and have to say I love it! No irritation, love the cucumber smell. Doesn't hurt my eyes. I was using Purity, but that started to irritate my skin. For years I used the Murad Resurgence cleanser, and that is still a go to. As for the dispenser, I'd rather see it in a pump. But as it isn't I'm very careful to tilt the tube upwards so that not so much comes out at once. Its not meant to "foam" and that is not an issue for me. Just use it with Mia or Clarisonic and I'm happy!