Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

on 7/30/2014 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have purchased this product repeatedly over the past 3-4 years. I do not wear a lot of makeup, and almost always skip on foundation. If I do wear makeup, I usually put on concealer, light tinted cream and/or blush and mascara. I find that this Soy Fashwash removes all of my makeup. I have done a swipe test and it removes mascara/eyeshadow/most residue of dark eyeliners, blush and tinted cream. It does not fully remove foundation (even water based foundatons from Shu Uemura or Giorgio Armani).

For ladies who use very light amounts of makeup, this face wash is great since it saves you a ton of time at night.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For reference, I have combination skin that is acne prone. I have tried numerous cleansers from cetaphil to boscia to everything in between.

I hate how much I love this cleanser because honestly it is quite expensive for a face wash.

But truth be told, this cleanser is fabulous. It smells divine. Like cucumbers. I find the scent soothing and relaxing at the end of a long day and it makes me actually want to cleanse my face and not be lazy about it.

Of course, there has to be more to a product than just the scent. Especially if you are going to spend $40 on it. This cleanser is super gentle. It does not irritate my red acne prone skin one but. Instead it soothes and relaxes my skin and manages to get off every bit of makeup at the same time. Top that off with the fact that it does not dry out my skin at all. Seriously incredible stuff here.

Ok maybe not incredible. You are probably thinking that a $5 face wash can do the same. And guess what. You're right. My cetaphil face wash does the same thing but there's something magicial about this product. Maybe it's the luxurious packaging or the lovely scent.. But I don't regret spending $40 on it.

For the girls out there with sensitive eyes, this cleanser will be your best friend. It does not sting at all. I never use any cleanser on my eyes because they always sting them. The only cleanser I have ever been able to use on my eyes is the clinique take the day off cleansing balm. And now this fresh soy face cleanser.

Overall this is an overpriced yet addictive cleanser. It's a wonderful treat to get yourself and your skin will thank you. It will cheer you up at the end of a long day and make cleansing your skin a ritual you enjoy. If you can afford to splurge on this, get it! Try the $15 1.7 oz size to begin with if you want to be sure of it. :)

on 6/27/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this product free with the purchase of my Clarisonic. It's an OK cleanser - no harsh or irritating ingredients. I don't care for the smell, it's a weird sort of non-scent sort of unpleasant smell. The texture is of a gel and it doesn't really lather like most cleansers. Probably won't purchase again, since it's pricey for something so basic.
EDIT: I've found a great use for this cleanser - I'm using it before and after doing MUAC peels. Nice and gentle!

on 6/21/2014 1:00:00 AM

a very natural facial wash that is gentle and non-drying. excellent for morning washes as it preps ur face with a lingering calming scent - non artificial at all! paraben free too! I tried the smaller tube before I went on to get the full sized cleanser. wld be sticking to this for a while! :)

on 6/8/2014 12:12:00 AM

Wonderful stuff - takes makeup offs but keeps the skin soft and dewy.

on 4/26/2014 6:15:00 PM

I bought this cleanser as a gift pack at Christmas time and it also came with a FULL size Fresh Sugar Rose Lip balm, Seaberry Moisturizer and a pretty Fresh cosmetic bag for only $37 Canadian!! Which we all know is a steal when it comes to Fresh cosmetics. I also bought one for a friend as a Christmas gift!

Anyways, I love the smell of this cleanser. It is easy to use and the packaging is efficient as well. What I don't like about this product is the ridiculous price tag. Although this product is thorough in helping take off my makeup, it doesn't take off everything, so I end up using a second product.

I strongly feel that this product is very comparable to Spectrogel in its look and consistency and I feel that although Spectrol gel smells like poison carrots and its packaging isn't appealing, it is essentially the same thing. Also a big bottle of Spectrogel goes for like $10-$13 Canadian.

If you want to splurge on a cleanser that is essentially "fresh" in its smell and appearance, this product works great for that. However, I'm going to stick with Spectrogel as my go to cleanser.

on 4/20/2014 6:05:00 PM

If you have sensitive eyes (mine are REALLY sensitive) and/or want a cleanser without harsh actives, this gel cleanser is perfect. I rotate it with a more potent cleanser from Dermalogica. You can get the small size on the checkout line at Sephora and it is so portable--perfect for travel or gym bag. As I pare my skin care collection down to a manageable size, this definitely is a keeper.

on 3/31/2014 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

An AVERAGE cleanser with a watery consistency. I don like the smell and is too expensive for a cleanser. Not worth buying.

on 3/25/2014 6:22:00 PM

This makes my skin so soft and clear, like no other cleansing gel. It performed beyond my expectations. Highly recommend!!

on 3/24/2014 1:24:00 AM

I received this as a sample, so I cannot comment on the packaging. It is my first product from Fresh ever. I have normal skin, but dry in the winter and a bit oily in the summer in the t-zone. My skin is not particularly sensitive, but in the winter it can get irritated.
The soy cleanser is supposed to remove impurities and makeup. I like to save time, so I really like the idea of not using a makeup remover! It is even meant to remove mascara. Also it does contain rosewater which works as a toner. It is basically three products in one!
I like that it is formulated without parabens, sulfates and phtalates. It's also good that it is fragrance-free and soap-free.

Just because it's fragrance-free does not mean it's not scented. The Soy Cleanser smells like cucumbers and "greens" (plants, salad, grass...). A fresh smell, but I'm not too happy about the "green" smell. It is a cloudy gel to be worked into the skin and rinsed off with water. It feels very gentle as my skin is not red or itchy afterwards, and it does not sting my eyes. It is a little hard to work with and to rinse off, and I do have residue from makeup afterwards. I still need makeup remover of some sort. But it does feel nice and fresh, and my skin looks calm and clean after cleansing.
My last cleanser was from Ren, which is also a natural brand. I used the Hydracalm cleanser which is suppose to be gentle too, but I would say this cleanser is more gentle among the two as it can be used on the eyes to remove makeup as well.
I would say the two of them are equally good, but if I had to choose I would choose Fresh Soy Cleanser as it feels a bit more luxurious.