November 29, 2014 | 949 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Total Effects Anti Aging Anti Blemish Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by dazzledee

I loooooveeee this product! I've been using it for exactly a month today. It doesn't dry out my skin and my face feels soooooo soft afterwards. I haven't noticed any irritation either and it has helped out with my blemishes. My skin just looks much more radiant than it used to! so so so happy and I'm glad I decided to purchase this :)

Update: I stopped using this! started getting blackheads on my chin, I NEVER break out there!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been trying everything to keep my cystic acne at bay--Differin, Clindamycin, glycolic masks, green tea masks...I started breaking out after using an awful silicone primer and it's taken ages for my skin to start calming down. My aesthetician recommended a 5% BP wash, and that dried out my skin like crazy, so I switched back to my Boscia cleanser, which was cleansing my face just fine, but wasn't treating any of the problems I had with my skin.

My mom gave this to me randomly b/c she got it but doesn't use Olay facewash, so I gave it a shot. I'm just using it 1x a day at night, with my Boscia one in the morning, but I can already see a diff. in my skin. I'm not getting a new breakout every day like I used to, and my skin tone is evening out a bit. I think it's the salicylic acid doing the work, but I'm loving it. And it doesn't dry out my skin. Def. worth a shot if you're suffering from breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by kim080464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

ok, so I can't tell if I am reviewing the right product or not. my olay cleanser looks different then the one in the picture. My bottle says *total effects 7-n-1 anti aging salicylic acid acne cleanser*. It also says *cream cleanser plus blemish control*.

Now that I've cleared that up or throughly confused some people ;-P onto the review. I need to come right out and say I used this product a few months ago with less than stellar results and pushed it to the back of my lotion and potions area. I pulled it back out because quite frankly, in this economy I hate to waste a product and $$$. my first experience was that it broke me out. However, after reading up on salicylic acid I think I need to start slow and maybe use this product 2-3 times a week vs. everyday. I will update after prolonged use but my initial reaction is that it leaves my skin soft, ready for foundation application and toned/tightened my pores. I think my foundation went on even better than usual. I'm really hoping this works because the immediate benefits are awesome. I didn't have any troubles with rinsing this off like some people are saying. there are microbeads but I really didn't notice any harshness with that. just a perfect exfoliation.

Update: So, i think I found the trick to using this. At least, this is how I am using it. I use it for about four days in a row and then back off for 3-4 days. Also, if you use this product, beware it makes your skin sensitive to waxing. I learned the hard way. ;-P So I use for four days, back off for three. Then, wax eyebrows and certain areas of the face. Then use the olay again for four days and so on. That has been working for me and I did not have the strange break-out that I had from using this product initially every day. In fact, I am having less break-outs and this product seems to be giving me the acne control that I need. Definitely a winner!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like to use cleansers with salicylic acid and this was one I hadn't tried so I picked it up on a whim. The consistency is like a thin lotion. It has very fine exfoliating particles in it which I actually liked. This left my skin feeling soft and smooth. The problem is that it didn't completely remove my makeup, which honestly is all I really want my cleanser to do. Even after double washing, I was surprised by how much makeup my toner picked up. I wear a cream foundation only, nothing else, and a foaming cleanser usually removes it just fine. For that reason I would not repurchase, but otherwise it's a decent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by lcharles9808

I love this cleanser. I have adult acne skin and this works wonders. Like the previous post i too wish it was more of a scrub. Just the right amount of cleansing without overdrying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by kimberb04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just an excellent cleanser!! Its moisturizing enough cleans enough doesnt make me break out and smells pretty good! The only downfall i can think of and it's a personal prefrence is that it has a very fine grit to it so fine it's barely noticeable i personaly wish it was a little grittier?... i like a little scrub i feel like if it had that this would be the best HG product ever!! it's cheap and effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by xoxoMatt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I recently stopped taking accutane because my body couldn't handle it, so I needed to find a good skincare routine, I use this in the morning and at night, I love how soft and smooth my skin it when I use this, I never get break outs anymore, and this has helped shrink my pores and clean my skin, I love it and will never stop using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by dainaleeo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this face wash!
i noticed i've been getting break outs related to stress, since being a college senior kind of does that to you :P
i wanted a cleanser with some salicylic acid, but since my skin is already dry i didn't want any of those icky cleansers meant for teens. those tend to dry out my already dry skin, & overall i've never been a fan. they just don't seem to do much.
so, i saw this, which i've tried some olay cleansers before, namely the micro scrub & i believe just the sensitive cream cleanser, both good but this was what i was looking for. it's been about a week & i noticed that the small pimpes i had along my jaw/cheek area are almost gone, & this one i had right on the side of my nose [which is SO painful, not to mention...unsightly] is almost fully healed. I like that my skin doesn't feel stripped, which is usually found with a cream cleanser, but i agree: you need to make sure you get it all off or you'll feel a slimy film left on your skin. i find that it's best to use this when i'm in the shower, & if i'm not then i just use the olay gentle toner to make sure everything is gone. :)
also, it's really great in the price range too! i got it at wal-mart for about...$6 ish? cheaper than the neutrogena or clean & clear, or whatever. those are about 7 & up. so this is really nice. i like also that it has a bit of a light scrub, nothing too harsh, just enough to even out the tone & get rid of the dead skin. it's left me with a very nice, more even glow. i have slightly drab skin because it's so dry, but this & the lotion [olay complete w/ spf 15] have really helped that out. with a little added jojoba oil of course ;)

i would really recommend this! maybe if you have more intense acne you'll need a bit of a stronger product, but for mild acne & dry skin this works perfectly for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Funny enough, but I was borrowing my mother's Age Defying Daily Renewal Cleanser and bought this, and It's pretty much a repackage. I wish I looked at the ingredients because I didn't like that one, and I equally don't like this one. It doesn't cleanse well and leaves a nasty thick film (which many Olay cleansers seem to do).

So if you are looking at this one, go for the Age Defying cleanser. You get more product for the price and it comes in a better pump packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by KSoto

I use this along with the "Total Effects Anti-Aging Anti-Blemish Moisturizer" and I love it. as I do the moisturizer.

After I exfoliate I use this cleaner and it smooths my skin leaving it softer and, I can tell, more even skin tone.

I love it!