July 26, 2014 | 1529 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Semi-Matte Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by AmandaRose83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I order samples from Everyday Minerals a few days ago and they arrived yesterday. For only a penny + shipping, you can order 7 samples of their makeup and they don't skimp on it!
Today, I tried the semi-matte in medium. Their samples come in packaging where you will have to pour it into a container. One thing I noticed right away was that the powder was almost clumpy like. Nothing like Bare Minerals which is very fine. I applied it using my Bare Minerals flawless face brush (which gives light coverage). After I applied a light layer, I looked in my handheld mirror. First thing, I noticed is that the color was completely wrong. Everyday Minerals color matching chart isn't the best. While it does have a nice sheen and glow to it, it still looks cakey. Who wants cakey makeup? So far, I am very unimpressed.
Tomorrow, I am trying the Jojoba formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by jessicabrookejack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the most amazing makeup I have ever used. After hating Bare Essentials (settled into pores, WAY too expensive), I was skeptical to use another mineral makeup, but with this being $12 (TWELVE dollars!) for a normal sized mineral makeup foundation, it was worth trying.

They send you little samples to try different shades, and you also usually receive some little eye shadow or blush samples too (these tiny samples have lasted me months and months of occasional use). The mineral makeup goes on like a dream - evens tone, doesn't settle into pores or dry my skin out, covers all redness and breakouts with such a light, natural look and feel. I have even slept in it, worn it to the beach, in the water, sweat in it, etc - and it always LASTS without feeling gross, balling up, flaking off, and has never broken me out even when I slept in it (bad, I know, but its all natural minerals and is so pure it didnt matter!). This is the BEST! Semi-matte is perfect for my dry sensitive, occasionally acne-prone skin.

This product has evened out my skin tone and cleared my skin up. After hating all types of thick, creamy, liquid, mousse, even power or other mineral makeup products, this is for sure the most superior product out there, and is so cheap it's worth a shot to try!!

Delivers quickly, has a nice packaging with a kabuki brush I received free with one order (samples seem randomly selected but it was exactly what I needed!) and even has a little slide-over cover that keeps the powder from coming out of the holes in the packaging inside for when you travel. Awesome!!

If you like Bare Essentials or Bare minerals or whatever other mineral makeup is out there but dont want to fork over $60 a month for the same product (this is superior in my opinion), give Everyday Minerals a try!! Two of my roommates, my best friend and my sister all use it now after seeing my skin clear up and they love it too!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by VintagePro

This stuff looks great on my face and I loved it... until I stepped outside into the July heat and my entire face began to itch. It's almost as bad a T. LeClerc powder in it itchiness. I will wear the stuff I bought in the winter, but will not repurchase. Very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE. I've got acne-prone combination skin and this foundation is my h-e-r-o. It's the only foundation I've ever used that doesn't make my skin break out, provides amazing coverage, and blends beautifully.

Here's an amazing example of how well this stuff holds up. Yesterday, I applied my usual makeup (sunscreen, L'Oreal primer, Everyday Minerals semi-matte base in golden medium and a dusting of bareminerals mineral veil to set it) and spent an afternoon walking around in 90+ heat at an outdoor shopping mall. When I got home, I went straight to a dance rehearsal, where I sweated through almost three full hours of dance... and when I got home? Not a spot of shine or even a fade in where I'd applied the foundation.

Absolutely my favorite, even moreso than Bare Minerals; I apply with the Everyday Minerals long-handled kabuki and it provides perfect, perfect coverage.

Giant air heart for this stuff! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Its official I'm a convert. I have finallyy bought into the MMU craze; I've been a strong believer in liquid/cream only foundations for 10 yrs now. It wasn't until recently, when I met a friend with flawless skin (who was covered with problematic scars just a few months back) was I introduced to EDM. I immediately asked her about the new cleanser/acne tx/concealer she was using. She said nothing had changed & she was still suffering from the hyperpigmentation & acne breakouts, but ofcourse I didn't believe her. I spent the entiree day envying her 'secret' that she wasn't sharing, & kept staring at her in different lights (at the mall) for 7 hrs we spent together. Nothing budged & it always looked natural. What sold me was when she washed her face & I saw the coverage it provided myself. I was shocked & started checking out EDM from my phone & placed my samples (7 total) for $3 only. I got my packaged in about 4 days with .0005 oz each in separate resealable plastics.

Over time I tried many brushes/sponges to apply each shade on half my face & test out indoor/outdoor lighting. I ordered about an even number in the IT, Matte & Semi-Matte bases (Glo was being d/c & Jojoba bases hadn't released yet). I found the first two way too matte, made my skin look flat & dull. The SM indoors had the most beautiful healthy looking glow, that I was smiling to myself in the mirror! It was as if I had applied my highlight to the high points on my face already!!! I'm usually not a fan of sparkle/shimmer in ANY of my MU & I did carefully inspect the SM in outdoor lights & saw micro specks of crystals dusted in the shade, I still didn't back out because the application melted these particles into my skin, leaving behind a glowy SHEEN. Its just breathtaking to see how much this covered, all the redness, pores, scars were gone. I found the E.L.F. flat top to be the best brush to stipple then buff out with. The Sigma F80/F82 picked up too much product & the SK stippling brush, too little. The beauty blender also drank up the mineral, leaving nothing on my face. This is the only time my skin has looked this NATURAL with this much coverage in ONE step.

For reference, I ordered-Winged Butter (MB), Golden Medium (IT), Light Olive (SM), Light-Medium (SM), Light (MB), Light Medium (IT). Its hard to describe how/what was different/wrong with each shade that I didn't end up choosing because there all veryy close to one another, so there's alot of leeway. But I did find the olive/golden shades to have a lot of green peeking through. I settled with Light SM for my NC20-25, yellow skin. Its a hair too light for my liking (if I don't dust my acne clear forehead & just do the rest of my face there IS a notable color difference) but the next shade up-Light Medium which would have been ideal; surprisinlgy didn't give enough coverage. Idk if this was an issue for others, but it was for me. I tried 3 different times, immediatly after trying the Light shade & noticed it. For the summer I real need my exacttt if not a hair darker shade but it doesn't seem to exist in my undertone.

I'm still highly impressed, the full size has .17 oz in a sifter (thin) jar for $13. I'm taking 1 point off because they don't have samples for concealers/blushes & because I didn't find my perfect shade & becuase they don't custom mix shades to fix this issue. That's right 1 pt off for 3 dislikes because its still that good!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

I tried many many mineral makeups since the whole fad started 10 years ago and I have to agree with some of the negative reviews. Semi-mate foundation is cakey, powdery, It accentuates all the flaws as wrinkes, dry patches etc. Yet its very very drying. It made my skin so dehydrated! I looked older with this makeup on than without. Carina recently started adding lauroyl lysine into the orignal formula and it causes me to get itchy. I believe it's a coconut derivative. So for those who are sensitive to nuts this is going to cause you to do some itchy and scratchy show. I love their concealer but their foundations do not last, they change color, no coverage, become muddy and runny, drying, and just does not look natural and smooth like other mineral makeup. My pores looked huge. It accentuated everything - every crust, every dry skin, every flakiness. The worst part is it looks thick and crusty without covering any imperfection. The skin below my eyes just look hideous when I sweep this mineral across my eyes. The lightest color turn muddy on me. IT doesn' stay fresh and youthful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This just doesnt have enough coverage for me. I love the finish and how it isnt cakey. I just wish it had more coverage and the intensive was discontinued which what was my favorite from them

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by roxys27

EDM was my fisrt MMU I've tried. If I wouldn't checked for another brands, definetely I would stay dissappointed from mineral makeup. Semi-mate foundation is cakey, powdery, hardly blendable, requires a lot of time and efforts to set it up. It accentuates all the flaws as wrinkes, dry patches etc. Yet its very very drying. It made my skin so dehydrated! Then I had a sample sunlight color corrector, which I liked very much for it's coverage of dark undereye circles and shimmery effect but when I ordered afull jar I recieved absolutely different product which didn't have anything in common with the previous product. The corrector in sample jar was chicken yellow color with lots of tiny sparkles and full jar which i recived contained dirty yellow powder, completely matte and applied to my undereye zones made my look tired and older. I am completely dissappointed with this brand. The customer sevice is quite unattentive, you don't get the warmth and attention you get from small family companies. Since I tried another brands I discovered that mineral makeup can be good, cheap and various. Compare EDM with other brands and you'll see how overpriced they are, not worth of those cheap ingridients. There are much more nice foundations with such ingridients as borone nitride, serecite, allontoin, which makes your skin look smother and not drying it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Nanou2

At the time I loved this foundation. This was the first mineral make up I tried. It gave great coverage and a nice finish. The containers are a nice size, big enough to swirl your brush.

Unfortunately the price become not worth it, especially after finding other mineral foundations that did just a good job if not better for a fraction of the cost. Love the product but not the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by lilywolf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, how I love, love, love this foundation... I had been using the Intensive formula, and I was very sad to see that EM decided to discontinue it. I ordered a semi matte, and I found it to be far superior to the Intense base. I literally can't rub this foundation from my face, I tested it. And wait, I will go now and test it again after an hour of putting it on my face... goes to the mirror, rubs her face... and yes, it is still perfect, and I can't rub it off. (Well, I could rub it of, if I would rub very hard, but I won't.)
I am always in the need for a good foundation, my skin is very far from perfect, and THIS is it. The Good Foundation. The best. I will never be without this.
I use it with EM's flat top kabuki, over Skin79's pink BB cream and Laura Mercier's Camouflage. Perfect. Fair is a perfect color match for my ridiculously fair skin. EM, please never discontinue this product.

Oily and combination skinned girls, try this, you won't be disappointed. This is one of the products from all the things I have ever tried, that I can really wholeheartedly recommend. Try it. Cheap. Good. Lasts a long time. Good range of colors. Try it, try it.

Oh, and I forgot to say, that I find it far more mattifying than even Mac's Prep and Prime or Kryolan's Anti-shine.