October 25, 2014 | 1820 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Finishing Dust

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by sschroed

This is an amazing product!!! I used to use BE Mineral Veil, but this product is much better (and much cheaper)!!!! Gives my skin a flawless finish, and provides great oil control - highly recommend!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by viviennnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is a decent setting powder for makeup. Makes yr face flawless and it does help to control shine. However, the packaging is reli bad. It can be very messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by SugaryMimi

this is my #1 favorite product. i used to use Bare Mineral's mineral veil before, but not anymore.
this Finishing Dust is way more work wonder! it absorbs oil completely. morning fresh look stay till the end of evening with this finishing powder. i'll buy this again. definitely =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by gardengypsy

This powder is fantastic. Sometimes I don't wear any make up but I brush this over my face. I always look great in pics when I have this powder on, my skin (with a little redness in the cheeks) always looks smooth and even. Never seems to wear off and sets the rest of my make up well when I do wear more.
You can't beat the price and the ingredients are healthy. I think this is a great company.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by fireflyglow

For reference: I'm using the original, non-tinted version. For foundation, I'm currently going back and forth between EDM Matte foundation in Buff Fairly Light Neutral and Sally Hansen/Carmindy in Ecru Beige.

Price: Pretty darn cheap. It could work out to around four or five bucks a pop, if you get the 12-piece kit and stock up (though I haven't actually gotten twelve at once... eight, though, yes!).

Packaging: More portable than my beloved Sally Hansen Loose Cornsilk powder, I can carry this around with me for touchups as needed. They recently added a swivel cover to their sifter jars, which definitely helps prevent spillage. Granted, it is a bit bulky, but I've also decanted it to an empty Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil sample jar for use when I know I'm going to be carrying a smaller bag.

Texture: Extremely finely milled, and feather-light. It's not only good as a setting powder, but also for touch-ups; it doesn't cake-up, and it's not so heavy that it rubs off my makeup (which tends to happen with a lot of powders on me, and is extremely annoying).

Look: Matte finish, but extremely fresh. It's easy for me to overdo the powder (darn that pesky combo skin), but this never actually looks as if I'm wearing powder-- just looks like great skin. Surprisingly, I actually think this works even better over top of my SH liquid than it does over EDM. Either way, though, I love the fact that it's versatile enough to work well over both liquid and mineral foundations, so that's a bonus in my book.

Will I repurchase? Yes, and have. I'm just fervently hoping that EDM never discontinues this! continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently got a sample of this from EM online, because I was in need of a decent powder to set my makeup and control shine. I really like this powder so far. It does a nice job of setting my makeup, and control shine pretty well (I have an oily T zone). I did notice one day after a few hours my face started to get a little oily, but not too much. This translucent powder is finely milled and leaves my skin feeling velvety. I think I will repurchase in the larger size when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have an extremely oily T-Zone, so without a good finishing/setting powder, I have to blot within 30-45 minutes of applying my makeup. Prior to trying out the finishing dust, I was using Bare Escentual's Mineral Veil (which I loved but was on the pricier side), so I was driven to try this!
[ PROS ] - very good price; really sets my foundation; controls oil/shine very well (with it, I have to blot maybe every ~2 hours); can tone down an over-application of blush
[ CONS ] - poor packaging (even with the new EDM jars, this can get messy); using too much may result in chalkiness
With all of the above in consideration, I would repurchase this product (granted I do not find a better replacement).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i've been using a sample of this and so far, i think i like it. the first two days i used it, it controlled shine pretty well, but today i did get shiny. not sure why...i could have used too much moisturizer since i was scraping out the end of a lotion sample today and wanted to use it all. it's definitely the most finely-milled powder i've ever seen and leaves a beautiful satiny finish that glows but doesn't shine. I've been dipping the end of my flat top brush to pick some up and dab it in key areas: nose, chin, forehead, apples of cheeks, and then buff it in with the FTB, same as i do the foundation. i'll have to play some more to see if i can figure out exactly how to obtain the best shine control from this, but so far i'm impressed!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by azngirl25273

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this finishing powder to compare it to the other ones EM has in their line. I like the rice finishing powder, however the finishing dust doesn't seem to adhere to my skin. I only use half as much powder as I normally would, and it goes everywhere! It helps to set my makeup, but it's annoying that I would have a couple powder spots here and there and would need to brush it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by tealkois

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have now repurchased this about 5 times! I cannot go a day without wearing it, it cuts down on SO MUCH shine! I only have to apply it once in the morning on top of my EDM foundation, and I stay matte all day long. Not TOO matte though, still glowy. But definitely way less oil. Its great! I used to rave about Mineral Veil by Bare Escentuals, but this is 10 times better.