BeneFit Cosmetics Bluff Dust

3.8

Talc, mica, yellow 5 lake, dimethicone, magnesium myristate, nylon-12, polyethylene, silica, titanium dioxide, phenyl trimethicone, polymethyl methacrylate, corn starch, methylparaben, sodium dehydroacetate, squalane, propylparaben, butylparaben, iron oxides, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, iron oxides.

on 4/5/2008 6:55:00 PM

This is an awesome powder to cover redness! I have pretty good skin (no pimples), but I have dryish skin that is red most of the time. I don't like wearing makeup, except for special occasions. So every morning I use moisturizer, sunscreen a little bit of this powder over my nose and cheeks (red areas). It evens my skin out and I look like I have perfect skin. This powder has presented no problems with my dryness ( no creasing, no itching, no nothing). The only thing I am not so sure about is its staying power... by the end of the day I look reddish again but is definitely not as bad as those days when I don't apply it in the morning. So this powder really helps. Price wise its good... the pot is about 25 bucks but it lasts forever (you have to have a light hand with this... otherwise you'll look sick!).

on 4/5/2008 4:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff!!!! This is awesome for covering up redness!

on 3/29/2008 5:05:00 PM

i LOVE this product, mainly because i like the natural asian look (like the famous taiwanese singer tang guos look), and this covers up ALL yur redness, i have alot of redness (just on my cheeks), because i just recently damaged my skin.
i've recommend this to EVERYONE thats asian, because its yellow based(;
and it goes on like yu have nothing on, i cant get enough of this! xD

This is product is good and bad for me. I thought that the yellow color corrected the redness yet also made my face look like i dabbed on white powder! I didnt like how it came with a sponge applicator when ideally, you use should it with a brush. I barely use it and when i do, i use it over my foundation to set it. I think this may work with lighter skin girls since im a bit darker. i wouldnt buy this again because i dont think i can finish the one i have now.

on 3/7/2008 11:56:00 PM

Don't let the bright yellow fool you! It's not as yellow on as it looks, and it covers red really well! I wish BE had a mineral veil with a yellow tone instead of pink but since they don't, I use this under the mineral veil to tone down my red cheeks. The first time I used it I couldn't quit looking at my face in the mirror. I kept thinking where has this stuff been? It was too simple! Hate the puff though so I use a smaller powder brush to put it on just where I need it.

on 2/28/2008 4:29:00 PM

This is HG for me. I can not say enough about it. It makes my skin look how it "ought" to look. I know this because when I use it, all of a sudden I can wear the shades recommended for my coloring. It makes all of my makeup shades seem to work better. My eyes look deeper blue/green and brighter; my auburn hair, shinier. I can not find any other product on the market with this brightening shade of yellow. Way to go, Benefit. I will keep repurchasing until I find something comparable that is at a lower price and mineral-based, if possible (are you listening, Bare Escentuals?).

on 11/14/2007 2:42:00 PM

i am mixed about this because i really don't notice that much of a difference with the redness on my face but i really just love the yellow powder. i had the you're bluffing and that was a waste but for some reason i won't return this. i use p.f. green concealer then i use the bluff dust and it works okay.

on 11/9/2007 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this because my foundation is too pink on me - I often have that problem with foundations. I have fair skin with yellow undertones and I wanted to wear something over the top of my foundation to balance everything out. This does the job perfectly! I love it!!! The brush I like applying it with is the #17 Stila Retractable Bronzing Brush. I really appreciate that it's unscented. It's finely milled, not cakey, doesn't make my dry skin look drier, and has a good amount of pigment - not so much that you look yellow, but enough to do the job.

Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Dimethicone, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Phenyl Trimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77499)

on 10/24/2007 8:54:00 AM

This is a loose yellow powder in a screw top pot with a sieve type insert and a powder puff supplied. It isn't intended to be an ordinary face powder. I use it to cover red areas. It's reasonably good at this but not foolproof. I only apply a very small amount - more than this and you look as though you've been at the sherbert fountain. The yellow colour is quite strong and isn't intended for blanket coverage. I don't use the powder puff as it's difficult to get the right coverage. I use a big powder brush which works well with the sieve top on the product. You get just the right amount of powder on the brush by just gently shaking the pot a bit.

UUUUMMMM YELLO!!!! I dont know who this would look good on, it def. covers redness, but it is YELLOW!!! So, all over your face, is NOT a good idea. Plus I dont like benefit's FACE products, because they DONT stay on your face. So, if you want to cover redness, USE SOMETHING ELSE, because this is YELLOW!!!

Recommended for Normal Skin