April 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

let's face it, LPAD is a cult product. When I wear it, everyone knows what it is, and come winter time, every single girl around is wearing this! But there's a good reason for this, it's an amazing color. I'm a seasonal nail polish wearer (warm in fall and spring, bright in summer, dark in winter), but I wear this nail polish year round, I never stop wearing this, I'm on my third bottle of this, and that's crazy because the only other color of nail polish I've ever finished is Essie's wicked. It's a beautiful dark purple, almost black, unless you're in bright light or around other fashionistas who can spot LPAD from a mile away. The finish is great, the application is easy, and it's available in the OPI gel, which I love, bc let's face it, gel manis are the shiz. I can't get enough of this color. And it's probably the best OPI formula I've ever tried (I think they're hit or miss). If you like dark colors, especially for fall and winter, buy this, buy 2, or 3, Bc it excels in every area a nail polish should. Application, finish, wear, color, all 5 stars. Love. Love. Love.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by jamie_amber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite dark polish...imo...its a little more polished than pure black. Will always have a bottle on hand!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Daa2326

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THis is my fav fall go to nail color! this is the best i know its fall when i start reaching towards Lincoln Park After Dark at the nail salon...it compliments every skin tone i think it looks great on those who are quite fair and on those of olive complexion like me or even darker on mocha colored skin..LOVE this when all else fails its either black or Lincoln Park After Dark worth the i think 8$ that O.P.I. polishes usually are!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color is very dark. It doesn't really look purple to me, just black. I'm really pale, so I don't like wearing this color on its own, but it looks AMAZING with Essie's Shine of the Times topcoat over it. I will continue wearing it for that or maybe for a galaxy nail look if I have the time for one but I probably won't buy it again. It is high-quality, though, as OPI always is, so if this a color you can work with, enjoy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by autumnxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the most perfect nail polish ever! Because I am fair skinned, I prefer to wear darker nail polish because they stand out more. This nail polish leaves your nails looking so shiny. It really is a gorgeous color and everyone should have it in their collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Seanna4444

This is my all time favorite nail polish in my collection. I knew as soon as I saw it that I wanted it and would love it. I don't get as much use out of it in the summer time, as it is more of a wintery color. I love it so much because it is a great alternative to black, which can get old fast, but still be very classy. This is among the very few nail polishes that I would re-purchase. As with all OPI polishes the quality is amazing. I wish I could give it a 6/5!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by uhlicawu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am hesitant to write a review for LPAD. Why? Because i seem to be the only person not floored about this polish.

now, don't get me wrong, the polish itself is very nice (hence the four). the application is beautifully opaque after two coats. the first really shows the plum while the second coat borders at black while still being obviously purple.

and being true to many opi varnishes, the formula is wonderful. it lasts SO much longer than my essies but be warned, LPAD requires never chipped nails. horribly chipped nails (esp with super bright or dark colors) strikes fear into my heart and LPAD is no exception.

so while the technicalities of LPAD are good, it's the color that gets me. somehow, i'm not dying over this color, nor am i mesmerized by my nails when i have this on. but i do admit, it is nice and pretty, its just not holy grial.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by kaitlynn926

I bought this at ULTA a few days ago on a whim, just looking to meet the $17 mark and get another OPI nail polish from ULTA's exclusive collection for free. I was very pleasantly surprised by this color! I absolutely love it, the formula is amazing! Almost a one coater for me. As it was drying I found myself staring at my nails, I literally couldn't stop looking! LPAD is darker than the majority of my polishes, and I love its dark plummy yumminess!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my top three favourite nail polishes, definitely. Lincoln Park After Dark is an extremely deep shade of plum that's borderline black; a true 'vampy' colour if I've ever seen one. It reminds me of something that Dracula would love to see being worn by his mistress upon her long, austere nails. I love pairing this with a sparkly polish over the top (Revlon Scandalous namely - this combo reminds me of the galaxy) Pair a great staple colour with amazing OPI formula and I'm sold. Loooving this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by amywmy

Have this in a mini bottle. I expected to see some hints of purple in this when spied on the nail but to me it just looked pure black. I was disappointed as I was considering getting the full bottle but that won't be happening. Yes it's steeaky and it needs a few coats but that's not as issue for me.