OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

4.5

on 1/18/2013 11:33:00 AM

What can I say about this polish that hasn't already been said? It's the greatest. The formula is a dream, and it dries so, so shiny. It resists chipping. It flatters all skin tones. Sometimes it looks black, but it's NOT black.. it's so much more interesting than that. It's that intense purplish color that so many polishes try for, but it doesn't yellow your nails like so many competitors. I get so many compliments on this color when I wear it. It's my go-to winter pedicure color.

on 1/8/2013 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite polish color of all time. Really dark purple but not black. Flattering on all skin tones. Resists chipping. I also love Essie Wicked, but it chips quickly

on 10/26/2012 6:55:00 PM

The first OPI polish I bought. (I was given yoga-ta try this blue as a gift so that doesn't count.) I was never into dark vampy colours but there's just something about this shade. It's absolutely gorgeous, perfect for fall. But I can see myself wearing this throughout the year. I loved it so much, I even wore it for my birthday. This colour adds a certain je ne sais quoi. :)

on 10/19/2012 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous, deep, dark plum creme; it has no shimmer or glitter.. Very, very dark but has just enough plum to not be black. This polish applies so smoothly with no dragging or streaking--none at all. It dries quickly and is glossy. It's easy to see why it's such a favorite. It is really a flattering color for being so dark (I have very fair, cool-toned skin).

on 10/14/2012 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm pretty into dark nail polish, so I finally grabbed a bottle of this. Lincoln Park After Dark, a deep plum shade, is a good alternative to anyone in need of a dark shade that finds black too 'goth' or stark. The first coat has a plum tinge to it, but the second coat leaves an opaque, glossy color that will probably look black to most people, except for polish fanatics and the color-knowledgeable. LPAD looks great on short nails and probably any skin tone. Great formula, great OPI brush, dries fairly quickly. Will definitely repurchase.

on 10/11/2012 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wanted to try a black polish but was afraid of looking too goth. Did a bit of research and saw that lots of people suggested this as an alternative to black. This is a very dark purple. You can only see the purple in the first coat...two coats and it looks black but in a very chic way. Good OPI cover, the usual large volume in the bottles. Lasted through two days of intense typing wihout chipping but that might be the Seche Vete top coat. Got lots of compliments. This is now a staple in my nail polish army. Would recommend.

on 9/12/2012 5:18:00 AM

LPAD... I have heard so much about you - mainly good things. I love the color on my fair-medium skin, but upon purchasing this product, I thought I was in for a dark but noticable purple. However, after applying the second layer, it seemed pure black to me. Only under intense, intense lighting, you'll see that it is in fact a deep purple. If viewed as a black nail polish - I'm very happy. But because I was looking for an obvious, dark purple, my heart sank a little. That being said, quality is amazing (brush, application, opacity in 2 coats, no streakiness, great staying power.) Although, I thought it was quite expensive because I live in Australia and it costs 20 AUD. BUT, all in all, this will definately remain as my "go-to" dark nail polish! Kudos to OPI, once again.

on 9/11/2012 9:40:00 PM

let's face it, LPAD is a cult product. When I wear it, everyone knows what it is, and come winter time, every single girl around is wearing this! But there's a good reason for this, it's an amazing color. I'm a seasonal nail polish wearer (warm in fall and spring, bright in summer, dark in winter), but I wear this nail polish year round, I never stop wearing this, I'm on my third bottle of this, and that's crazy because the only other color of nail polish I've ever finished is Essie's wicked. It's a beautiful dark purple, almost black, unless you're in bright light or around other fashionistas who can spot LPAD from a mile away. The finish is great, the application is easy, and it's available in the OPI gel, which I love, bc let's face it, gel manis are the shiz. I can't get enough of this color. And it's probably the best OPI formula I've ever tried (I think they're hit or miss). If you like dark colors, especially for fall and winter, buy this, buy 2, or 3, Bc it excels in every area a nail polish should. Application, finish, wear, color, all 5 stars. Love. Love. Love.

on 8/21/2012 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My favorite dark polish...imo...its a little more polished than pure black. Will always have a bottle on hand!

on 8/3/2012 9:24:00 PM

THis is my fav fall go to nail color! this is the best i know its fall when i start reaching towards Lincoln Park After Dark at the nail salon...it compliments every skin tone i think it looks great on those who are quite fair and on those of olive complexion like me or even darker on mocha colored skin..LOVE this when all else fails its either black or Lincoln Park After Dark worth the i think 8$ that O.P.I. polishes usually are!!!

Top Rated OPI Products