October 25, 2014 | 1801 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty into dark nail polish, so I finally grabbed a bottle of this. Lincoln Park After Dark, a deep plum shade, is a good alternative to anyone in need of a dark shade that finds black too 'goth' or stark. The first coat has a plum tinge to it, but the second coat leaves an opaque, glossy color that will probably look black to most people, except for polish fanatics and the color-knowledgeable. LPAD looks great on short nails and probably any skin tone. Great formula, great OPI brush, dries fairly quickly. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

Wanted to try a black polish but was afraid of looking too goth. Did a bit of research and saw that lots of people suggested this as an alternative to black. This is a very dark purple. You can only see the purple in the first coat...two coats and it looks black but in a very chic way. Good OPI cover, the usual large volume in the bottles. Lasted through two days of intense typing wihout chipping but that might be the Seche Vete top coat. Got lots of compliments. This is now a staple in my nail polish army. Would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by BrokenRemedy

LPAD... I have heard so much about you - mainly good things. I love the color on my fair-medium skin, but upon purchasing this product, I thought I was in for a dark but noticable purple. However, after applying the second layer, it seemed pure black to me. Only under intense, intense lighting, you'll see that it is in fact a deep purple. If viewed as a black nail polish - I'm very happy. But because I was looking for an obvious, dark purple, my heart sank a little. That being said, quality is amazing (brush, application, opacity in 2 coats, no streakiness, great staying power.) Although, I thought it was quite expensive because I live in Australia and it costs 20 AUD. BUT, all in all, this will definately remain as my "go-to" dark nail polish! Kudos to OPI, once again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

let's face it, LPAD is a cult product. When I wear it, everyone knows what it is, and come winter time, every single girl around is wearing this! But there's a good reason for this, it's an amazing color. I'm a seasonal nail polish wearer (warm in fall and spring, bright in summer, dark in winter), but I wear this nail polish year round, I never stop wearing this, I'm on my third bottle of this, and that's crazy because the only other color of nail polish I've ever finished is Essie's wicked. It's a beautiful dark purple, almost black, unless you're in bright light or around other fashionistas who can spot LPAD from a mile away. The finish is great, the application is easy, and it's available in the OPI gel, which I love, bc let's face it, gel manis are the shiz. I can't get enough of this color. And it's probably the best OPI formula I've ever tried (I think they're hit or miss). If you like dark colors, especially for fall and winter, buy this, buy 2, or 3, Bc it excels in every area a nail polish should. Application, finish, wear, color, all 5 stars. Love. Love. Love.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by jamie_amber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite dark polish...imo...its a little more polished than pure black. Will always have a bottle on hand!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Daa2326

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THis is my fav fall go to nail color! this is the best i know its fall when i start reaching towards Lincoln Park After Dark at the nail salon...it compliments every skin tone i think it looks great on those who are quite fair and on those of olive complexion like me or even darker on mocha colored skin..LOVE this when all else fails its either black or Lincoln Park After Dark worth the i think 8$ that O.P.I. polishes usually are!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color is very dark. It doesn't really look purple to me, just black. I'm really pale, so I don't like wearing this color on its own, but it looks AMAZING with Essie's Shine of the Times topcoat over it. I will continue wearing it for that or maybe for a galaxy nail look if I have the time for one but I probably won't buy it again. It is high-quality, though, as OPI always is, so if this a color you can work with, enjoy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by autumnxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the most perfect nail polish ever! Because I am fair skinned, I prefer to wear darker nail polish because they stand out more. This nail polish leaves your nails looking so shiny. It really is a gorgeous color and everyone should have it in their collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Seanna4444

This is my all time favorite nail polish in my collection. I knew as soon as I saw it that I wanted it and would love it. I don't get as much use out of it in the summer time, as it is more of a wintery color. I love it so much because it is a great alternative to black, which can get old fast, but still be very classy. This is among the very few nail polishes that I would re-purchase. As with all OPI polishes the quality is amazing. I wish I could give it a 6/5!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by uhlicawu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am hesitant to write a review for LPAD. Why? Because i seem to be the only person not floored about this polish.

now, don't get me wrong, the polish itself is very nice (hence the four). the application is beautifully opaque after two coats. the first really shows the plum while the second coat borders at black while still being obviously purple.

and being true to many opi varnishes, the formula is wonderful. it lasts SO much longer than my essies but be warned, LPAD requires never chipped nails. horribly chipped nails (esp with super bright or dark colors) strikes fear into my heart and LPAD is no exception.

so while the technicalities of LPAD are good, it's the color that gets me. somehow, i'm not dying over this color, nor am i mesmerized by my nails when i have this on. but i do admit, it is nice and pretty, its just not holy grial.