OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Love love love this colour. At first I was a bit hesitant with this colour since I tend to wear either nudes, pinks or reds to work - but I tried it and fell in love. I find black to be too harsh on my skin tone and for this office so I've always shied away from dark colours but I think Lincoln park after dark is the most beautiful colour and has made me rethink dark vampy colours. It is the most beautiful dark purple berry black which looks so classy in the sunlight and in general. I got this as part of the opi top ten set and I can totally understand now why it it is one of opis most popular colours. If you aren't a fan of dark colours, I think this colour is the perfect introduction. I would repurchase again for sure.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love Love Love it . Looks great with almost any outfit Looks AMAZING on pale skin. Would buy over and over again, Wearabilty very good even after washing the pots!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Not that the clever names of nail polishes impact my buying decisions (okay, who am I kidding... the names are half the fun), the fact that this NP is a nod to Chicago automatically makes it awesome.

The thin, darm, creamy formula is perfect for weeks when I want to feel edgy, but not shimmery. I don't like dark polishes that have shimmer. It makes me feel like Miley Cyrus going through a goth phase. This polish feels more sophisticated. It's REALLY dark, though. Lots of people think it is black. Totally not though. At least I can tell the difference. And let's be real, I'm wearing it for me, anyway.

Two coats. Really thin. Chips pretty fast. Double up on tips and top coat, for sure. A good top coat.

Completely obsessed with this color. It looks black at night and a dark purple under lights or the sun. Such a great color for Fall and Winter.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hardly ever choose the same polish colors when I have a manicure at the salon, but I have picked this shade the last three times I've had my nails done. I agree with other reviewers that while this is a dark color, it doesn't look overly goth or vampy. I think because of the slight violet/deep purple undertone, it takes away the harshness of the dark midnight black shade. It's perfect for everyday wear and daring enough for dressy evening looks. I found a great drugstore dupe for this, Loreal's Breaking Curfew that I use when I do my nails at home.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a staple color in my collection, I love it. I would rate this higher than Essie's 'Wicked' mostly because I love OPI brushes.

This color looks gorgeous on toes when wearing peep-toe shoes! Also, great on short nails. Very vampy though, so I would not wear this color on long nails.

What can I say about this polish that hasn't already been said? It's the greatest. The formula is a dream, and it dries so, so shiny. It resists chipping. It flatters all skin tones. Sometimes it looks black, but it's NOT black.. it's so much more interesting than that. It's that intense purplish color that so many polishes try for, but it doesn't yellow your nails like so many competitors. I get so many compliments on this color when I wear it. It's my go-to winter pedicure color.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite polish color of all time. Really dark purple but not black. Flattering on all skin tones. Resists chipping. I also love Essie Wicked, but it chips quickly

The first OPI polish I bought. (I was given yoga-ta try this blue as a gift so that doesn't count.) I was never into dark vampy colours but there's just something about this shade. It's absolutely gorgeous, perfect for fall. But I can see myself wearing this throughout the year. I loved it so much, I even wore it for my birthday. This colour adds a certain je ne sais quoi. :)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous, deep, dark plum creme; it has no shimmer or glitter.. Very, very dark but has just enough plum to not be black. This polish applies so smoothly with no dragging or streaking--none at all. It dries quickly and is glossy. It's easy to see why it's such a favorite. It is really a flattering color for being so dark (I have very fair, cool-toned skin).

Top Rated OPI Products