July 28, 2014 | 1338 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer - Natural

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Aiyume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I load on a moisturizer such as MAC Strobe Cream first, and then apply this when the cream is still moist on my face. I don't even need a foundation anymore. The coverage of this is excellent for my clear skin (I don't need heavy coverage, but this is medium I would say). I finish off by dusting with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium. Looks excellent, stays all day and doesn't get cakey or fill in any lines. I love this product and will be going out to pick up some more because it is so cheap!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by albs

Boo. I loved this. I put it on one day before running to the mall because I really didn't want to slather on a full face of makeup. I saw my face in a change room mirror and was SO impressed with how awesome my face looked. I went home and worked in the garden for the rest of the afternoon in very warm temperatures. My face still looked good by the time I was finished! The catch? I broke out. I thought it would be fine to use again and wound up with what I believe is cystic acne. Not good. I suspect the mineral oil. Hopefully no one else has this trouble with it because it is great otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Fritosk

I really enjoy this product. It gives ok coverage but thats not the reason i love it so much. I especially like to use this when it is summer because it gives your face a tint and it keeps your face mousterized. I think its better then using foundation during summer it doesnt melt off your face and its overall a great product. I do not like that the lid is hard to put back on when you take it off. other than that i LOVE this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by lauralovebug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE. Not to sheer, but sheer enough that your natural skin comes through. Evens out my skin and imperfections beautifully. Makes my skin look glowy and dewy. Don't even bother with regular foundation anymore. And at only 4 dollars you can't beat it. I will always have a tube of this stuff. It's excellent. The end.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by bossanovaville

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have officially reached the point where my skin doesn't look or behave like it used to and I need a little more than just a light dusting of powder like I did in my 20's. I'm asian with fairly sensitive, combo skin that tends to be dry, fair to light complexion with yellow undertones, some mild discoloration and very slight redness on the cheeks. Powder now looks dry and dusty on me and just doesn't offer me any coverage. I didn't want the coverage of a foundation so I'm now on a TM quest.

I wouldn't really call this product a moisturizer and it's certainly not as sheer as I was expecting. I actually bought this product in Beige, which seems to match, but only moderately so. Not a very good selection of shades. I dislike the packaging, as the plastic tube doesn't allow you to see the shade of the product. I found a tube already opened and tried it on my hand to feel consistency and texture and to really see the shade. It's very lightweight, but it dried quickly and appeared matte. What pushed me to buy it, aside from the price, was that once the product was blended into my skin, it practically disappeared. I have issues with products like these being too obvious, so I was surprised to see this. Even outside, sitting in my car, I found no perceptible traces of the product on my hand.

Wearing it on my face was a different matter. It dried so quickly I didn't have time to blend it. I tried blending it anyway and the product didn't really budge, so I applied more in an effort to eliminate this streak on my cheek. It was a bit humorous watching myself squeeze a little bit on my finger and then rush to blend the stuff before it dried. I still wasn't quick enough. Although it's relatively sheer, I had swipes of the stuff all over my face because I just couldn't blend it in fast enough, so I had to use a wet foundation sponge to blend it all. Afterward, I saw no traces of it on my skin but did notice some coverage. Even outside, I couldn't tell I was wearing it but did notice it offered a little more coverage than I was expecting.

I'm pretty "meh" over this product. The difficulty in blending it was a turn off. It was matte enough to where I didn't need any powder and stayed looking natural throughout the day but was a little too drying for me. I may hang on to this and try it again in the hottest days of summer here in Texas where most other products end up melting off. But even so, this product doesn't really offer any benefits. It doesn't protect hardly at all and doesn't moisturize. So this was not what I was looking for. On the flip side, despite not being moisturizing or really sheer, it did offer a bit of coverage, stayed looking natural and wasn't perceptible outside. Not bad for an inexpensive drug store item. However, I'm looking for something that will offer a higher level of performance, so under my bathroom sink it goes until summer!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by plasticvagabond

I just have to say...I have NEVER felt more beautiful than when I'm wearing this! I have received compliment after compliment.

So first off, I have never purchased anything from wet 'N' wild before this product. I always just took it for a brand targeted at pre-teen girls that knew nothing about make-up and quality. So I was SHOCKED at this amazing product.(bought it on a whim one day when I was bored.)

The packaging is adorable and simple. Great to take with you or travel with you if needed. I only paid $3.00 for it at Walgreens!! What a bargain! I have been an avid wearer of only MAC and DIOR with the occasional Maybelline purchases, because I was brainwashed at thinking those are the only ones worth using. This tinted moisturizer is the exception. There's no smell to it. It is pretty thick and dries/sets quick so apply fast.

HANDS DOWN it beats my MAC Mineralize Satinfinish fluid(All the other mac foundations broke me out severely!), DIOR skinforever and Maybelline. And those are all amazing foundations. THIS is a "tinted moisturizer". All of my life I've thought I needed so much make-up but all I needed was this. I'm racking up on more of this ASAP.

Pro's:
-Looks amazingly natural
-Airbrush look
-Pores are completely undetectable
-GREAT coverage for being "sheer"
-Gives a beautiful,healthy glow
-Covers acne scars
-Completely undetectable(no lines,no mess)
-Doesn't sweat off

Con's:
-I wish they made larger bottles of this!
-I recommend putting a moisturizer on your face before applying this, it looks even more beautiful!(I know it's a moisturizer already but it isn't that moisturizing...if that makes sense) XD

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by iheartmypitbull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As others have said, this is definitely more of a foundation than it is a tinted moisturizer. As a foundation, it applies beautifully and looks natural and even, with no streaking. It also has surprisingly good coverage to hide blemishes.

However, after a few minutes, I noticed that it started to oxidize, leaving a very unappealing orange color on my face. Furthermore, after an hour or so, it made my face an oil slick, which is quite a rare occurrence for me.

Perhaps I just need to use a lighter color to account for the darkening effect of the oxidization. That's why I said I would purchase again, since I loved how it looked initially and the coverage it provided.

Love the squeeze bottle (detest pumps because they're less controllable).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Maggieyso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in the shade beige, which is the lightest shade they make. It looked ok when i tried it out in the store, but as soon as i got outside in the sunlight it looked way too dark and very orange. Even though it is supposedly a moisturizer, it doesn't feel like it, it just feels like foundation. But I got it for %50 off, so I'm only out a couple bucks. If wnw eventually reformulates this and releases it in lighter shades, I may try it again, but for now it's just way too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Serendipity111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an awesome product, although the name is slightly misleading. This is in no way a "sheer tinted moisturizer" but is instead a lightweight foundation. I always need a real moisturizer underneath. This is fine with me though, as I like a bit more coverage than what a tinted moisturizer would give. One drawback is the color selection, I have to mix this shade (natural) with the next one darker (sunkissed) to get the right match for me. But, at under $4 a pop I can afford it :) The quality is great for the price - it lasts pretty well all day on my oily skin and the coverage is light but natural looking. Packaging is nice, I like the squeeze bottle design - much easier than a glass bottle. Doesn't break me out either! love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

UPDATE>>>
I realized although it gives me pretty good coverage, it just kind of sits on top of my pores and makes my face white - which probably means it's not the right color for me. Up it goes on swap!
.....................................................................................................
I purchased this out of pure curiosity based on the MUA reviews. It's only $3 or $4 at Rite Aid so I thought, WTH! I am glad I bought it. For reference I have NC25 Asian skin with slight yellow undertones. Natural isn't a perfect match, but it's good enough. The color doesn't have any pink in it but it's not yellow either. I'd say it's a neutral shade.

When I first put it on it looks a little too white for my skin, but then it blends in pretty well. I could probably go one shade darker, but no biggie since I mix this with my primer and Elta Tinted SS. That's right... I mix all three together and apply it on my face. It works great.

I have to agree with other reviewers, this is more than a sheer TM. It's almost like a foundation and if you don't blend quickly, it will dry kind of fast. Also, you need a good moisturizer underneath it if you have dry skin... otherwise you might end up pulling and tugging on your skin. Another suggestion is to spray your brush or sponge with water to dampen it slightly and then apply on your face. The coverage is a lot more natural.

I would definitely repurchase this!